Reviews for Just Let Me
sorryimahopelessromantic chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
no no no ;-;
-curls up and sobs-
cedric quinn jr chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
I have an email at com quinn. cedric, anyways the fanfic was kinda cool. I wish it could be changed
FutureFaith chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
oh my god...I think I've got chills. Nice AN, by the way...('It's your own fault for reading')...that made me laugh. Anyway, despite the depressing, that doesn't sound right. The depressing ending fit really well, and I liked it. No, I don't mean I like that Marco killed himself, just...AGH. Can I just say I liked this a whole lot and I think you're awesome? There. Done. Sorry 'bout that. :)
Sunflower shine chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Huhuhu! That was soo beautiful! I think it was full of... i don't know. But i thought it was very good!
biketest chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
whoah! thats so sad. I love the ending.
arin chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
Very beautiful, and it evoked quite a few melancholy feelings for me. Your use of analogic symbolism is particularly impressive, the way you talk about the pillow that "still lives there", and the stain that "would never come out" of the carpet, to emphasize, respectively, the connection between Jake's soul and Marco's, and the scarring involved in that separation. Delaying the last words until the end of the story was also very effective, and helped make them more powerful. And what you chose not to say about Jake's decision to honor Marco's request without a fight carried so much more weight than it would have if you had tried to explain it either way. So many authors, myself included, forget how powerful omission can be in the telling of a story, so it was great to see it here.

Now, as far as criticism goes, my chief complaint would be that your story is so far removed from canon that it can hardly be called Animorphs. It's not that the characters are gay in the fiction and not so in the canon of the books - it's that there is absolutely nothing in their personalities or in the chain of events that speaks to who they are as characters. If I replace their names with Ron and Harry, and post it over in the Harry Potter section, I wouldn't have to change anything about the way either character talks and acts to make it work. To make the obvious example... wouldn't Jake's first impulse at seeing Marco injured, in any way, be to tell him to morph and demorph? There's no mention of morphing at all in the story, the word Yeerk is never said... only a vague reference to losing Jake's brother to 'them'. And there's no segue to help us go from the obviously straight characters we know in the books to seeing their affair here...

To be fair, if this is intended as a one-shot, that does lose some of it's importance. But it can detract from a masterfully told story to feel dissociated with it's characters over something like that.

In any case, you're an awesome writer, and I look forward to reading other works of yours.
metamorphstorm chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
Very sad, but also quite good.