Reviews for Riding Shotgun in the Sky
masondixon chapter 10 . 2/24/2009
I hesistated reading this chapter because I knew it was the last. I worried that I would lose access to it if I waited but I worried more I would finish it too fast. And then the need to read it- like Dean's need for a smoke and Sam's need for a drink- became too strong and I dived right in. And I inhaled and swallowed every word with pure delight until I saw the two I dreaded the most: The End.

I laughed when Dean wished the bus would burst into flames and kill everyone on it. And I sympathized with all too much familiarity when he finally got to light that cigarette. Man do I know how that feels.

And I loved Dean's enthusiasm in the Cowgirl musuem. How much I wish someone would write a good western with Sam and Dean.

And I was grateful Sam finally got his beer because I could feel how much he needed it.

There is so much further these boys have to go and I am very grateful that you plan on writing more. I love my favorite authors and I am grateful for everyone of them. But the way you write Sam and Dean- to me- is just so real, so clear, so painfully honest that I miss them when I am waiting for a new chapter.

I wait patiently for your next story. It is a pleasure to read your words. Thank you.
Ria Lucas AKA Xayian chapter 10 . 2/24/2009
Dude! That ending totally worked for this installment, but I'm so sad to see this chapter in the series end :( I'm going to assume that there will be more, right? B/c how else can I put off my own stories? :P

Anyway, again Awesome job! So glad that you're going for gold here. And to think I started off the series with a "Dean doesn't smoke" to a complete visualization of him doing it. Everything about this story. specifically this installment was very visual and very well done. Lookin' forward to more. :D

I do have one request though: Next story Dean has to met a sweet gal - named Ria, short for Maria - that gives his leg a soothing message to help relieve the ache...right before I-SHE jumps his bones. heh heh. That would be perfect, don't you think?

Ria
I'mcalledZorro chapter 10 . 2/24/2009
Great story! I love this series! Glad that Sam and Dean have made a pact to try to 'quit' (LOL) together. Hope you've got a few ore of these in ya. Looking forward to reading them! Again wonderful job as usual!
InSecret chapter 10 . 2/24/2009
This was lovely :) Can't wait to see what you do next!
deangirl1 chapter 10 . 2/24/2009
As always, so nice to see the new chapter - especially with the site being down for several days! I'm sad to see this one end, but curious to see where you will take us next. Cool and sad to see Dean haul out "big brother" and put him back on... I'll be interested to see how that continues to play out. Dean really isn't in any shape to be the caregiver - just this once he really needs to be on the receiving end. Hope to see the new chap/story soon!
Trish62 chapter 10 . 2/24/2009
The End. Oh no!

I want to see them get their pedicures!

Seriously, loved every word, loved both the brothers! I think one of the things I enjoy most about your stories is the balance between both Sam and Dean. You don't write Sam stories or Dean stories. You make both brothers so interesting and whump on both of them. Oh, and I want to join their club. (he).

Looking forward to your next tale!
Poaetpainter chapter 10 . 2/24/2009
aww I never want this fic to end, I love Alchy!Sammy
UpstairsMind chapter 9 . 2/21/2009
Ohmygosh. This story was awesome. The end of chapter 9 was adorable- even if Sam was drunk as hell. I loved it!
Merisha chapter 9 . 2/20/2009
Fudge! I can't believe I'm up to date, I want more damnit LOL :D - there are so many awesome bits, I'd have to copy and paste everything here again to choose a favourite part! I love the humor as always, "His brother fixes him with a disbelieving glare. “No, Sam, I’m going to leap from the chair and plummet two feet to my death.” ROFL, your snarky Dean is the best! Wonderful stuff that Dean notices the same cravings in Sammy that he's having with his cigarettes, knows that it's worry over him that has Sam reaching for a bottle. You're breaking my heart damnit! The drunken heart to heart was devastating and beautiful. Dean sitting next to Sammy, offering comfort ... well I'm beyond words! You're brilliant! Also love: “We’ll have a club. Jesus, you’re a dork.” ROFL :D

Your stories are complete fodder for my imagination. I'll have something for you next week ;)

Can't wait for your next mind blowing chapter, even if it is the last one for this sotry ... I know there will be more awesomeness in store soon! :D

Hugs and luv

A completely awed Mish :)
Merisha chapter 8 . 2/20/2009
Edge of the seat action! My heart nearly stopped with Sammy's when he found Dean! You are a master story teller and one of my absolute favourite writers of all time, I love everything you dish our way! I can't tell you how sad I am that there is just one more chapter to read before I'm up to date with your stories! But I still have that one chapter left, so here goes :)

Merisha chapter 7 . 2/20/2009
OMG! My nerves are totally finished! Sammy doesn't want to admit he has a problem and is being a total ass towards Dean, trying to manage the stress of the role reversal, having to look after his older brother, and failing miserably. And Dean is by himself on the balcony, thoughts of flying ... I'm a nervous wreck right now LOL :D - thank god there's another chapter, scuse me while I rush over to read it!

Merisha chapter 6 . 2/20/2009
You are fantastic! I love how Sammy is still hiding his problem from Dean, even though Dean's trying to cut-him-off-at-the-pass. Getting a handle on what's been causing the 'suicides' with your amazing little hints, which I love :) - and the tension between the brothers grows!

I'm off to another exciting chapter (grins happily)

Merisha chapter 5 . 2/20/2009
Absolutely fantastic ;) - I love the confrontation (bout time if you ask me) between Dean and Sammy! You make the tension between the boys so thick I can literally feel it! Love that Dean enjoyed Sammy's cooking! You are still all kinds of awesome in my book! I'm going to be devastated when this story ends ... but I'll be excited as well to see what you have in store for us next ;)

saschi chapter 9 . 2/19/2009
Wow. I am having trouble thinking of anything else, just... Wow. I love this. LOVE it. And I am SO happy that Dean suggested he'll stop if Sam stops, because I was thinking that back when Dean first noticed Sam's drinking in "The Sum of its Parts," I think it was, the AU version of "Home." My favorite scene is the one at the Tex-Mex place, when Sam pleads with Dean to put the cigarette down and eat. That was so beautifully done, and I love it. I also love the horseplay in the pool. Your snarky brotherly banter makes me laugh out loud, which is hard to do and makes for an embarrassing read when I'm in public. And, just so you know, you pretty much shattered me. When Sam has to kick Dean's knee in to save him...it HURT. When Dean has the conversation with drunk Sam after? It HURT, all right? So now I need chapter 10. And, you know, the rest of the 'verse, preferably, like, tonight, so I can wake up to it in the morning. Thanks :) This is so well done and I truly appreciate it.
Merisha chapter 4 . 2/19/2009
OMG ROFL :D - what an amusing chapter. I loved every minute of it, Dean's lack of tact was hysterical. I love this:

“Jesus,” Sam cringes. “A little tact, you think?”

“Right, right, sorry. His paralyzed tucas.”

ROFL, hysterical! And how did both boys not think of the pie? Hello! ROFL :D - I was chuckling through most of this chapter! Brilliant again! You have me totally enthralled as always!

174 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »