Reviews for My Heart of Hearts
fro.m the Mountains chapter 1 . 5/1
Those words Ariana sang in your story were astonishingly sad and realistic... You portrayed a tragedy of an uncommon companionship, if not a shade of love. :'(
Guest chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
I've never read ADGG stories before, but this was just...beautiful. It was so tragic, but beautiful.

"I want nothing more than to take that damned century back. /But I can't, so I smile at the fool with the crimson gaze asking me questions of subjects I've long since lacked the concern for."

"Did I know, in my heart of hearts, what Gellert Grindelwald was? I think I did, but I closed my eyes."

The last 2 paragraphs were just perfect. Please, thank you for this lovely piece.
galbus chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
10/10
sydneyfox chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
This was so beautiful yet tragic 3
nikitabell chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
I can't say how many times I've read this story. Its perfect.
Stina Whatever chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
This is a great story, and I love that you change POVs, and doesn't stick to only one.
Patricia chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
I'm finding it hard to write an accurate review of this right now because I feel somewhat speechless.

I'm not sure how to say this without sounding tacky or cliche, but this was absolutely incredible and such a perfect match with the published series that I am now convinced this is what happened between the lines of the actual Harry Potter series.

Your characters are flawlessly intact with J.K.'s versions. I can completely see these events occurring the exactly the way you wrote them and having them contribute to the underlying pain and overall development of Albus Dumbledore's character in the actual series.

There was just a very subtle beauty about this and at the same time an overwhelming amount of hurt, but not without a purpose. Everything I felt I felt for a very good reason and to me it's a wonderful and almost rare accomplishment for an author to inspire those feelings in people.

Thank you so much for sharing this, it was an absolute pleasure to read. :)
Supreme Dictator of the World chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
This was a great story, very moving, but as WiseDraco told you, it became confusing because I couldn't always tell whose p.o.v it was,the pov don't have to be obnoxiously obvious because that would take away from the poetic nature of this story, but a bit more notice would be nice.
DonLambert chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
So good :) It really was excellent, you're very good at capturing their emotions. I wouldn't change the point of views at all, although it did get a bit confusing at times, so perhaps you could use some sort of mark to show when it changes? But I think it really added interest to the story. Anyway, just wanted to say it was very well written, and I loved it! Such a great pairing.
Celendiar chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
This was incredible. I think the ambiguity of the POVs was an appeal of this story, not a drawback. I loved how you switched views, switched places and still managed to tell their stories with such accuracy and emotion.
Nsu-Yeul chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
This was a really good oneshot! Makes me wish that Albus had seen him once more on non-violent terms. Great job.
Laetificat chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
You are certainly right, some of the POV changes are hard to follow-but I wouldn't change it. It's lovely to read and, although I don't agree with some interpretations exactly, a thoroughly authentic and believable piece. Congratulations on such a lovely work.
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
Dear darkmorsmordreheart:

Tiny thing: in paragraph #9, I think you mean "copulation", not "fornication". "Fornication" specifically means sexual intercourse outside marriage; since fish don't marry, the term doesn't apply to them.

Sincerely,

Qoheleth
VanillaSlash chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
Gorgeous ending, really. That last line, and how you wove it into the main scheme of things, gave me shivers! I always considered the Albus/Gellert pairing to be very tragic, and you pulled it off flawlessly. Excellent stuff!
MozartsMuze chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
this was really really good! you portrayed their relationship very well, thats exactly how i would imagine it all happening.