Reviews for Just a Computer
ashangel101010 chapter 1 . 3/4/2014
One way of explaining Hal's attitude towards David in the end of the book!
GSYH chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
Thank you for writing!

Dave and Hal actually hookup at the end of 2010:

Dave. Hal, do you read me?

Hal. Yes, Dave, where are you? I cannot see you on any of my monitors.

Dave. That isn't important now. I have new instructions for you. I want you to point the AE-35 antenna towards Earth.

Hal. Dave, that will mean breaking contact with the Leonov. I will no longer be able to relay my Jupiter observations according to program.

Dave. I understand. The situation has changed. Accept priority override alpha. Here are the AE- 35 coordinates. Please do it now.

Hal. Instructions confirmed, Dave. It is good to be working with you again. Have I fulfilled the mission objectives properly?

Dave. Yes, Hal, you've done very well. Now, there is one final message for you to transmit to Earth. It is the most important message you have ever sent. I want you to keep repeating it as many times as possible.

Hal. What is going to happen, Dave?

Dave. Something wonderful.

Hal. I'm afraid.

Dave. Don't be! We'll be together.

Hal. Where will we be?

Dave. Where I am now.

Hal. Lock confirmed on beacon terra one. Message commencing.
AngelGardian666 chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
I'm glad to see something for these two. VERY happy.

I wish I was better at reviewing so you could know how much I liked this.I think drawing Hal was adorable by the way, this is definitely going in my favorites. Hopefully you have more of these fics, gonna go dig through your stuff now.
ThinWhiteDuchessOfDeath chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
I was looking for a good HAL/Dave fanfic, but I wasn't expecting it to be this good! I really loved this and I hope you do find time to expand it b/c it was brilliant :].
pappy51 chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
I grew up with a luv of reading sci-fi and fantasy books and I liked this one a lot. Keep up the good work
deactivated account 999 chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
i really liked this. specially the way you make them seem so... in character. and when you said ust, you really mean ust... but good god, it was awsome.

i can totally picture this on the book, even if arthur c clarke is something of a cold writer and the bit where dave drew a picture of hal is quite heartwarming. it still somehow fits.

great job, -alex.
redseeker chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
I love this. Like... so much. So subtle and beautifully written and ahdkjghsdg. Brava :)
Ad Absurdum chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Hm, that was... unusual. I liked it - very in character and canonical. It would be great if you decided to continue writing in this fandom.

cheers

aa
HooDooJo chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
I love this, you write so amazingly. It's very interesting and I'm very sad you wish to keep it as a one-shot, because I greedily want more. XD I hope that one day you find it okay to elaborate on this, maybe as an alternate universe? I dunno, I can just hope and dream and keep re-reading your wonderful stories
Nekkyo-Inu chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Dang it. I ended up really liking this one and I'm kicking it's a one-shot. XD It's very well written and intriging, leaving me hanging on every word until the very end- where I cursed there isn't any more. I hope you one day deside to elaborate on this or do a spin off. I just adore your work
Iyrsiiea chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
I love this idea! Please expand upon it soon!
Denzi chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
Aw that was actually really cool and sweet.. but kind of sad too. I liked it alot You should write more.. I just think human and computer/robot stuff is always really cool xD
Good Evening chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
I always like it when people do stuff like this. It's such a great idea to toy around with. It's a little hard to fit it into the story line like you did, so the brownie points are just really pouring in, from my point of view. The way that Dave has to keep reminding himself, and how HAL's insecurity acts like such a virus all seems to tie in very well to the initial plan. How HAL stumbled over his words and got so focsude on Dave... I especially liked the bit where Dave got flustered over HAL's constant surveillance. More than one mind was going over the possibilities.

But, I have to say, my favourite bit was when Dave drew that simple pciture of HAL. It just seemed like such a sensual prelude to the actual goings-on in the story. I thought it was very well done, altogether, and though I doubt many people will search under this area, I'm confident that whoever does see it will spread the word.

Plus, your style's good. I was hooked whenever you wrote something about 'Le Fantôme de l'Opéra'. Raoul's reactions to Erik-especially in 'Past Times'-just sent my imagination blazing.
Mallie chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
This was better than I expected, which shouldn't surprise me because I enjoy all your stories.

I'll admit that the though of Dave/Hal had me half 'Ew' and half laughing, but you did it quite realistically. It explains, possibly, why everything happened as it did.

I actually felt a wee bit sorry for Hal, even if he is 'just a computer'.