Reviews for Six Years, Six Applicants
Playing Hooky chapter 6 . 4/1/2011
I love this. It's pretty easy to imagine that all this is actually cannon, since the characterization is great. Snape is snarky with a penchant for drama; Dumbledore is good-natured and fond of a little truth-beautifying for what he thinks is best. Actually, you know what? F*ck this, I've now decided that this IS cannon and will treat it as such :P
Ryuus2 chapter 6 . 3/31/2011
Haahaa. You make some really good points in here.

You know, Snape is a lot like Itachi: A bastard for a reason who follows his own noble goal.

I'm gonna have to look into the 'The Pink' thing, I've just been calling her Umbitch. Though I really can't understand how being second in command to a corrupt politician counts in anyones mind as qualifying you to teach a Defense course.

Keep up the great work!
Mordanyes chapter 6 . 3/10/2011
This was brilliant! Snape was hilariosu! Great characterisation! :D
notwolf chapter 6 . 2/27/2011
I so love your Severus. "Dark Lords to watch out for, prophecies to protect, fugitives to keep alive, wizards to persuade, Harry and my credibility to uphold…" Albus counted off.

"And let me be the first to tell you that you failed spectacularly at three of them," Severus said matter-of-factly.

How true, Harry never did learn to go to adults for help, he continued on his own stupid path, and others had to risk their lives to save him.

"After the Dark Lord was stupid enough to come to the Ministry personally in the middle of an attack that was sure to have triggered some sort of alarms," Severus replied. "I just don't understand why he would do that. I mean, if he was willing to come personally, he should have waited until all of excitement about the battle died down or, alternatively, just entered the Ministry and stole the prophecy without all of the drama? And what was to prevent a Death Eater from coming in and removing the prophecy without picking it up? He could have knocked it off the shelf. Or if that wouldn't work, he could have broken it. Since all those involved at the Ministry Battle would appear to be just as sane as they were when they went in – which, admittedly, isn't necessarily saying a whole lot – that's proof that someone could do that without going insane. Since prophecies state their contents aloud after being broken, there was nothing stopping anyone from coming in, breaking it, and then recording the prophesy. Even if he couldn't remember it word for word, the Dark Lord could have simply used legilimency to get the information," Severus ranted.

AMEN. I have always said that plot hole was big enough to drive a truck through. And why didn't Dumbles have ppl like Moody searching for the horcruxes-you know, trained, competent wizard adults. Anyway, excellent series!
notwolf chapter 5 . 2/27/2011
"Well, I must say that was a resounding success," Severus said sarcastically. "Death Eater or not, Crouch was the best Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor you've hired while I've worked here." So true! Sad, but true.

"And since every Defense Professor but Lockhart – who merely tried to Obliviate the boy – has tried to kill Potter, I don't see why you're making such a big deal about this attempt." Another LOL.

Lupin was so blissfully stupid and thoughtless-irresponsible, really. not taking his potion, etc.

"Because you've yet to satisfactorily address my concerns," Severus said, crossing his arms over his chest. Albus always dismissed his concerns-yet again the manipulating bastard.

Funny little spiel about Harry being schizophrenic.

"So who's the lucky applicant this year that will get my dream job? In the last few years we've had the Dark Lord by proxy, a self-absorbed, incompetent, and Obliviating fraud of a celebrity, that werewolf Marauder, and now an insane Death Eater." Seriously, it seems any idiot walking in off the street has a good shot at that job.
notwolf chapter 4 . 2/27/2011
Yeah, Dumbles will agree now that Sirius was innocent of killing those muggles, yet he didn't even bother to get him a trial to begin with. A member of his Order, a friend...with friends like Dumbles, who needs enemies?

"Yes, Potter. If Black were pardoned, as the boy's legal godfather, he would have claim to him and then your precious blood wards would be useless as no politician would ever leave the Boy-Who-Lived with Muggles when they could send him to a Pureblood instead. Even if said Pureblood is a convicted criminal."-the whole ploy in a nutshell.

Oh, if looks could kill. Well, non-Basilisk looks, that is.-LOL
notwolf chapter 3 . 2/27/2011
"I thought that this year, as a nice change of pace, you might want to actually hire a competent Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. And maybe one who isn't possessed, if you're really ambitious,"-LOL

"Next thing you know, you'll be hiring a bloody Marauder." Uh-oh. Can't blame Severus for wanting to kill them.

I never got why Albus and the others couldn't understand that the trauma Severus suffered by all that bullying went too deep to 'get over', esp. when none of them even expressed any regret for what they'd done.

"You…Black JUST escaped and you thought it was a good idea to hire his werewolf accomplice?" As it turned out, Lupin was an accomplice, letting Black into the castle-even though he believed Sirius had murdered those ppl after betraying the Potters! Poor Snape. He couldn't win.

Love how you had Lupin admit he's not qualified to teach, yet Albus gives him the job anyway. Manipulating bastard.

"We are no longer speaking," he informed Albus dramatically. Love it.
notwolf chapter 2 . 2/27/2011
You have captured Severus' character brilliantly. And Gilderoy's! There are several lines that made me laugh out loud for the way they strike a chord.

"You would hire the Dark Lord himself over me? Really?"

"Would 'a teacher who deeply loathes children' and 'having Gryffindors and Slytherins in the same class who attempt to murder each other by sabotaging the other House's cauldrons' count as a less than ideal learning environment?"

"Gilderoy Lockhart? Honestly? First the Dark Lord and now this? Do you hate me, Albus? Is that it?"
Obsidian Buterfly chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
I really love your parodies and the humorous fics as well.

Is it weird that when I read the end of this chapter I was instantly reminded of Uchiha Itachi?

Great job by the way. I really enjoyed reading this.

-Nims
Nightfall Rising chapter 3 . 2/1/2011
"We are no longer speaking."

Really, what else could he say? XD

Glad to have found this. I'm a fan of so-much-more-honest-and-less-Slytherin-than-he-wants-to-be!Severus and indulgent-but-headachy!Albus, and these incarnations are very funny. .
jbfritz chapter 6 . 1/19/2011
Excellent!
ceres51892 chapter 6 . 1/16/2011
I had quite a lot of fun reading through this. Albus was hysterical, and Severus was right about very nearly everything. It's weird to imagine that this really could have been what happened behind the scenes. XD

Of course, Dumbledore did make me mad sometimes, but considering, it was more humorous, so I won't dwell on it. It's supposed to be funny, after all. XD

The ending was less than amusing, but yeah, perfectly understandable. Severus did finally get his teaching job though.

-Ri
almostinsane chapter 6 . 12/30/2010
Great story! LOL. I loved Albus' and Severus' banter. Thanks for writing this. God bless!
dork-with-glasses chapter 6 . 12/22/2010
This was brilliant. It was hilarious, well thought out, well written and perfectly in-character. I loved the slight exageration of Snape's dramatics which still made him believable but much more humouress. It was just hilairous and a brilliant idea. I loved every bit of it.
Ember Nickel chapter 4 . 11/20/2010
This is a really great story-I read the first few chapters before but if I didn't review, I like how you foreshadowed Lupin. And this chapter was great as well-I hadn't put the whole Wizengamot/trial/blood wards thing together.
313 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »