Reviews for Six Years, Six Applicants
Sianco chapter 6 . 1/27/2009
“I think centaurs are my new favorite magical creatures,”

Love it.
violet-phoenix-rose chapter 6 . 1/22/2009
That is CLASSIC! Amazing story - LOVE the verbal sparring matches and some of the lines. "And let me be the first to tell you that you failed spectacularly at three of them."
saiyanwizard chapter 6 . 1/22/2009
My favorite line was "And let me be the first to tell you that you failed spectacularly at three of them." I couldn't stop laughing.

And "...But at least he read out loud and acted things out with Potter, which was sure to cause some emotional scarring" comes in at a close second.

Thanks again for giving us a bit of entertaining fun!

Steph
mountainelements chapter 6 . 1/19/2009
Wow, you've really thought out some of those plot twists in canon, haven't you? I have to agree that some of them seem a bit unreasonable.
Rachel Indeed chapter 6 . 1/19/2009
Yay! This story was completely made of win :) The last chapter was more serious, of course, but it still had some great "Why not do these logical things rather than those stupid things?" observations that Snape is so good at. Snarky, anguished, fearless and logical. No wonder he's my favorite :) And your Dumbledore always makes me laugh. Thanks for this very fun story!
Krystaluvstwilight chapter 6 . 1/19/2009
I really enjoyed this story!

I think the ending fit it quite nicely. *claps* Great job!
duj chapter 6 . 1/19/2009
"Dumbledore would have had a great deal of difficulty doing Harry’s job in Book 7"

Erm, only because Dumbledore was DEAD in book 7. Apart from eavesdropping on Voldemort for the location of the last unidentified Horcrux, Harry didn't do anything that couldn't have been done by anyone else, Dumbledore included.

Anyone could destroy Horcruxes (even Crabbe and Neville) and once those were gone, presumably anyone could have killed Voldie. It's just that they don't seem to have actually tried. (Duelled him, yes, but did Slughorn et al use killing spells? Heck, the only person on Harry's side who shot off a killing spell seems to have been Molly.)
Hitokiri Onib chapter 6 . 1/19/2009
Wonderful, beautiful. this is a wonderful semi-short... each chapter was, for its purpose done close to perfection. I have no complaints against it. Light, entertaining and a nice ending. All without the excessive drama the series and the fanfics are known for. I also applaud you for keeping the people in character...most of the time.

*claps* I hope to see more of your work.

Later

_
Eveil Woman chapter 6 . 1/19/2009
I loved this story, you did a wondeful job with it!
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 6 . 1/19/2009
Pretty good ending to a pretty funny collection of job applications. Once again, Snape shows off his flare for dramatics.
dogbertcarroll chapter 5 . 1/16/2009
“And because of that you let a servant of the Dark Lord teach here for the second time in four years.” Severus paused, considering. “Still, I suppose it could have been worse. At least you didn’t, fail to notice the presence of the Dark Lord himself again.”

*snicker*
dogbertcarroll chapter 4 . 1/16/2009
LOL!
Cateagle chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
*snicker* No, I can't blame Severus for that reaction. I reckon I'd a rather similar one.
Rachel Indeed chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
I'm enjoying this story so much! Thanks for all the fun verbal fencing and the hoisting of plot holes on their own petard. So fun!
whitehound chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
Yeah, that's what I think too - the Cuip was *meant* to be a Portkey, but it was meant to deposit ther winner in front of the judges. That's the only thing which makes sense of Barty waiting a whole year to kidnap Harry: he couldn't smuggle an extra Portkey of his own into the school without setting off alarms, so he had to wait until an *official* Portkey was brought into the school, and then subvert it.

Great series so far, anyway.

Btw, it's Little Hangleton, not Little Hangington.
314 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 .. Last Next »