Reviews for Six Years, Six Applicants
Rachel Indeed chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
I'm enjoying this story so much! Thanks for all the fun verbal fencing and the hoisting of plot holes on their own petard. So fun!
whitehound chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
Yeah, that's what I think too - the Cuip was *meant* to be a Portkey, but it was meant to deposit ther winner in front of the judges. That's the only thing which makes sense of Barty waiting a whole year to kidnap Harry: he couldn't smuggle an extra Portkey of his own into the school without setting off alarms, so he had to wait until an *official* Portkey was brought into the school, and then subvert it.

Great series so far, anyway.

Btw, it's Little Hangleton, not Little Hangington.
Mysticalflame chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
The first three-quarters of this chapter was my favorite so far. I didn't like the last part solely because Dolores is just...ugh. She irritates me terribly. Would you believe I actually had a professor similar to her? Certainly she didn't have access to what Umbridge did, but her base personality was just as disgusting. By the was, this:

“I thought that perhaps he hadn’t quite understood that he was dealing with children now and not suspects,” Albus confided. “They say the mind is the first to go.”

Severus stared at Albus for a long moment. “Do they indeed?”

Was ingenious, I laughed and laughed...thanks so much. I really enjoy these chapters. :'( And we only have one more to go. It certainly ought to be interesting...
duj chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
"Albus wasn’t quite sure what he was implying"

LOL, that's certainly proof of what Snape just said.

Ingenious explanation of the Ministry's views. I'm a bit surprised neither Dumbledore nor Snape thought to point out that Priori Incantatem would show quite clearly whether the AK was cast by Krum's wand. The same applies to blaming the AK on Barty, although at least *his* wand has an AK from killing his dad. (A bit too far back and in the wrong order to make the idea credible, though.)

It's not actually clear whether Hogwarts is partly/wholly/not-at-all funded by the Ministry. Althought there seem to be no fees, theoretically it could be financially self-sufficient, perhaps through rents and farming income or even residuals from patents.
violet-phoenix-rose chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
This is GOOD! I can just picture the shouting matches, and those are so hard to write...
Krystaluvstwilight chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
OMG i love this story more and more every chapter!
saiyanwizard chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
I very much enjoyed the "It always is when you happen to like the person who did something illegal and stupid" part. Severus makes some very nice points, and Albus amusingly ignores them.

But my all-time favorite for this chapter is "If you don’t have bloody legions out looking for Slughorn and she stays for longer than a year, I cannot possibly be held accountable for my actions. Hell, I’m not even sure I’ll be able to make it that long." CLASSIC!

Aloha from Hawaii!

Steph
RaineyDae chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
Lol! That was great... Snape's reactions... Dumbledore "Just letting them think he was to old for that..." lol
Robbie the Phoenix chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
*Claps* I think you handled Umbridge's introduction very well. And the fact that Snape, at this point, just doesn't care that the previous DADA teacher tried to kill Harry was pretty amusing as well.
Theowyn of HPG chapter 3 . 1/13/2009
This is great fun! I can't wait for the next chapter.
saiyanwizard chapter 4 . 1/13/2009
So I was cracking up the entire time I read this. Classic banter between Albus and Severus! And the fake Moody was rather funny, too :). Thanks for another year of applications, and I can't wait to see how messed up it will be when Umbridge gets the job!

Aloha from Hawaii!

Steph
abbyagapaao chapter 4 . 1/13/2009
lol, i can just imagine that smile! update soon please.
Krystaluvstwilight chapter 4 . 1/13/2009
The ending was so funny! Another great chapter!
Jaideum chapter 4 . 1/12/2009
I loved the end! Can't wait for more, this story is so great. I enjoy Albus and Severus's arguments so much.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 4 . 1/12/2009
I've just realized why I've been very "meh" about this story... It's because it's all wrong! Dumbledore does not conduct job interviews in his office! He uses slightly private rooms in the Hogshead for that. ;-)

Anyway, this chapter added a little something to canon and had some nice humor.
301 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 .. Last Next »