Reviews for Six Years, Six Applicants
stealacandy chapter 6 . 4/8/2014
Ooh, good one. You actually made e sympathies with Snape. For a heartbeat or two.
Sanna Black Slytherin chapter 6 . 3/7/2014
Oh my God. This was brilliant! It was a very amusing fic, at least for the first five chapters (although Snape's The Pink remark at the beginning of this chapter just about killed me xD). This chapter was actually very sad. I mean, if you know what's going to happen, how Snape is willing to risk it all, and to see them discussing Dumbledore's murder so lightly (with no small amount of snark on Snape's part)... It's just heartbreaking. But good, at the same time.
likyboy's chapter 6 . 1/5/2014
Oh, I loved it, it was really fun to see Snape's growing irritation and despair, and Albus pretending he didn't see anything. You do make some good points about the canon too, but I already suspected they're all borderline schizophrenic in the novels, so... :)
Anyway, all those sarcastic comments about what really should have been common sense were a treat to read, well done !
Xiaou Nem chapter 6 . 12/3/2013
Great story, great ending. The portrayal of both was great, realistic and very humorous.
Xiaou Nem chapter 3 . 12/3/2013
That went really well! Thoroughly enjoyable. I especially enjoyed the humble Remus.
Xiaou Nem chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
Not terrorising traumatized colleagues is a social nicety? Brilliant.
Snape and Dumbledore were excellently portrayed.
GuesssWho chapter 5 . 10/6/2013
'Or at least Moody' made me LOL
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
Oh Sev . . .
Guest chapter 3 . 9/16/2013
I have to say this is my favorite teacher. Between Albus's terrible choice in DADA Professors and Snape's dramatics, you had me rolling on the floor in laughter!
Algor Nox chapter 4 . 8/31/2013
Dumbledore could have just said, in Sirius' defense, had Pettigrew not been guilty of killing those muggles, he wouldn't have known to cut off his own finger prior to the explosion. As Peter didn't say anything in his own defense that he somehow shielded himself against the blast and then removed his own finger, I think it's safe to say that Pettigrew is the culprit here.
TsukiNoBara chapter 6 . 8/15/2013
A funny story you might enjoy the ending of: I was really looking forward to this one funny line I remembered Snape saying in this chapter, and...it never happened. I thought maybe I remembered it from a different one of your fics, but this is the only one that takes place in the summer before sixth year. Except possibly "Run That By Me Again?", but since Harry wasn't in the scene, I didn't even bother to check and see if I had forgotten a chapter in that one.

So I started googling. It was very difficult, because I only half-remembered the line. It took quite a few tries before I finally phrased it in a way to find the quote I wanted.

As it turns out, it's no wonder I couldn't find the fanfic with the line it. The quote was canon.

So, there you go. You write Snape well enough that I misattributed a CANON quote as being something YOU wrote.

(If you're curious, the quote in question is when Dumbledore says that Snape will have to kill him. "Would you like me to do it now? Or would you like a few moments to compose an epitaph?")
BrowniePoints chapter 6 . 4/13/2013
You know, I think I'd almost forgotten that Snape actually did get the job in Half-Blood Prince. Which is kind of sad, considering I was babysitting recently and we watched the movie.

I love Snape's spiel in the middle about all the ways the climax to book five could have been avoided. You've clearly put some thought into this. :)
Guest chapter 6 . 3/13/2013
Hahaha this is bloody brilliant! I laughed so hard I cried... the awesome snarkiness, the deadpan humour... perfect! XD
yay chapter 6 . 2/16/2013
This whole thing has been really entertaining to read.
yay chapter 5 . 2/16/2013
""You can't be serious; he tried to kill Harry," Albus pointed out.

"So he did," Severus said disinterestedly, inspecting a nail. "That doesn't take away from his teaching prowess. And since every Defense Professor but Lockhart – who merely tried to Obliviate the boy – has tried to kill Potter, I don't see why you're making such a big deal about this attempt."

"No," Albus agreed. "And even if I could I'm not sure I'd be able to convince him to come back. After all, my name is mud right now with everyone thinking that I've lost it because of my support of Harry, who they all believe is a lying schizophrenic. That really doesn't make any sense though because assuming Harry isn't right, he would either be lying about Voldemort's return and therefore know he wasn't back so he might be crazy to want to incite a panic like this but not schizophrenic or he really does think Voldemort is back when he isn't, which would make him schizophrenic but not a liar as he truly believes that. The wizarding world really can't have it both ways, but try explaining that to them."
281 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »