Reviews for Six Years, Six Applicants
TsukiNoBara chapter 6 . 8/15/2013
A funny story you might enjoy the ending of: I was really looking forward to this one funny line I remembered Snape saying in this chapter, and...it never happened. I thought maybe I remembered it from a different one of your fics, but this is the only one that takes place in the summer before sixth year. Except possibly "Run That By Me Again?", but since Harry wasn't in the scene, I didn't even bother to check and see if I had forgotten a chapter in that one.

So I started googling. It was very difficult, because I only half-remembered the line. It took quite a few tries before I finally phrased it in a way to find the quote I wanted.

As it turns out, it's no wonder I couldn't find the fanfic with the line it. The quote was canon.

So, there you go. You write Snape well enough that I misattributed a CANON quote as being something YOU wrote.

(If you're curious, the quote in question is when Dumbledore says that Snape will have to kill him. "Would you like me to do it now? Or would you like a few moments to compose an epitaph?")
BrowniePoints chapter 6 . 4/13/2013
You know, I think I'd almost forgotten that Snape actually did get the job in Half-Blood Prince. Which is kind of sad, considering I was babysitting recently and we watched the movie.

I love Snape's spiel in the middle about all the ways the climax to book five could have been avoided. You've clearly put some thought into this. :)
Guest chapter 6 . 3/13/2013
Hahaha this is bloody brilliant! I laughed so hard I cried... the awesome snarkiness, the deadpan humour... perfect! XD
yay chapter 6 . 2/16/2013
This whole thing has been really entertaining to read.
yay chapter 5 . 2/16/2013
""You can't be serious; he tried to kill Harry," Albus pointed out.

"So he did," Severus said disinterestedly, inspecting a nail. "That doesn't take away from his teaching prowess. And since every Defense Professor but Lockhart – who merely tried to Obliviate the boy – has tried to kill Potter, I don't see why you're making such a big deal about this attempt."

"No," Albus agreed. "And even if I could I'm not sure I'd be able to convince him to come back. After all, my name is mud right now with everyone thinking that I've lost it because of my support of Harry, who they all believe is a lying schizophrenic. That really doesn't make any sense though because assuming Harry isn't right, he would either be lying about Voldemort's return and therefore know he wasn't back so he might be crazy to want to incite a panic like this but not schizophrenic or he really does think Voldemort is back when he isn't, which would make him schizophrenic but not a liar as he truly believes that. The wizarding world really can't have it both ways, but try explaining that to them."
yay chapter 4 . 2/16/2013
I can't stop laughing.
Madlenita chapter 6 . 1/18/2013
Really thanks for this story it was amazing...
Madlenita chapter 4 . 1/18/2013
Ah, a manipulative Dumbledore... And Moody, i really liked him...
Madlenita chapter 3 . 1/18/2013
I love Severus/Dumbledore interactions in this chapter and his last comment...
blancoroja chapter 6 . 12/28/2012
"I'm willing to sacrifice everything to bring an end to this war." ;_;

5 chapters of laughs (and utterings of "oh yeah...that was really stupid") and this just hit me like a punch to the gut. and to the tear ducts.
Saint Snape chapter 6 . 12/8/2012
Very good. You have a lot of humor in this that made me giggle like crazy.
Saint Snape chapter 5 . 12/8/2012
"You can't be serious; he tried to kill Harry," Albus pointed out.

LOL, Dumbledore sucks when it comes to hiring.

"Those were extenuating circumstances-" Albus began.

"Of course there were," Severus said sardonically. "It always is when you happen to like the person who did something illegal and stupid."

BINGO! Severus hit the nail on the head!

"They say the mind is the first to go."

Severus stared at Albus for a long moment. "Do they indeed?"

Dumbledore's went a while back...
Saint Snape chapter 4 . 12/8/2012
Severus rolled his eyes again. "Oh, well if BLACK says it didn't happen, then it must be so."

I love how Severus calls ole Dumbles out on everything. The time turner could have been a disaster too.

"Don't know why you even need to call me in. I just retired last week, you know. Besides, that fellow looks like he's keen enough for the job." Alastor cocked his head to the side and peered intently at Severus. "He might even be willing to kill for it."

If this keeps up Severus will, lol.

"If you're asking about Slughorn," Alastor began gruffly. "He's in Manchester. I had lunch with him Tuesday."

Whoops, Moody just blew Dumbledore's cover, hehe.
Saint Snape chapter 3 . 12/8/2012
"Next thing you know, you'll be hiring a bloody Marauder." He laughed at the thought.

Be careful what you say Severus, lol.

And Remus doesn't even want the job. Poor Severus. :)
Saint Snape chapter 2 . 12/8/2012
"I did not realize that Voldemort was-"

"On the back of Quirrell's head?"

This line made me giggle madly. Poor Severus, you do have to wonder at Dumbledore's less than wonderful hires for the position.
301 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »