Reviews for Toy Soldiers
Mina chapter 19 . 6/14/2012
This chapter was... Strangely beautiful. I really felt bad for her, and I was rooting for her the whole time, hoping she would reconnect with her friends and 'family'. I love the way you show us that not all Death Eaters are 'monsters', that they have families and lives and dreams too.

She sounded cheerful, but almost in a desperate way...? Or am I reading into it too much. Ah, I just wish you had continued writing this fic.
Guest chapter 19 . 12/8/2011
I'm going to be honest, because I love this series so much. This one didn't quite hit the mark of some of the others, for me. It swung a bit too much.

The middle section was very moving, but in stark contrast to the start and end. Maybe it was denial, acceptance and back to denial but she didn't come across quite right. It's all she thinks of, day after day but in three years she can put it all behind her and move on.
silverbirch chapter 18 . 4/9/2011
That was another very well thought out and written chapter. She wouldn't be the first who'd joined up for a smart uniform, or better pay and a job - or maybe even the power and the glory - and then found themselves trapped in a situation they couldn't control.

This story continues to break standard conventions and avoid the stereotypes.

Nice one.
okok123 chapter 3 . 3/6/2011
You're an excelent writer! I especially liked this chapter and the last. you're very able to look at this from all angles. Great fic!
itsallanoxymoron chapter 17 . 2/23/2011
) You know, this actually gave me an idea for a story.

To . . . what's the word . . . sustain - was it? - for all the reviews I could give: this story is awesome. Keep on writin' there, I-don't-know-what-to-call-you.

keep ritin foreva

bookluva98
Angel from the Sea chapter 11 . 2/23/2011
This is by far the deepest fanfic I've read. Ever. Even though the people are nameless, it still portrays the same feeling. Each one of the death eaters had a life, and lost it. :'(

I love it.

~ Angel
silverbirch chapter 17 . 2/18/2011
That was a very well written chapter. Nothing like the threat of eternal damnation to make you think about your role in life. The external view of a religion is always an interesting one to take as well. If the books are to be believed there was no organised religion in the wizard world, just secular celebrations of religious events.

What you have done throughout this story is make us question what is "right", and you bring it to this chapter perfectly.

Some wil argue that there is no, or little difference, between right and wrong, that your attitude towards victimm and villain depends on circumstances. But we know that isn't correct.

I think what damns this one is that he didn't believe in what he was doing. He chose a side as one woudl chose from a menu. He never questioned what he was fighting for. Maybe that is the real difference between "good" and "evil"; that you choose to do what you do.
Cindy chapter 16 . 2/12/2011
This is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read. Seriously. I almost cried reading this, that's how touching it was. Your writing style is incredible, and you are so gifted. You gave me a perspective on the Death Eaters that I never had before- and I love the entire idea of the anonymous letters. Every single chapter was unique and beautiful and the chapters fit together so perfectly. I'm sorry for the incoherence of this, but just- wow. This. was. amazing. Have you ever thought of writing a book?
silverbirch chapter 16 . 1/13/2011
It was good to see this one updated, and an excellent choice of subject.
sweetarchus chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Your good . I love the opening chapter of this story . I sounds like when you hear interviews with the old nazi war criminal - but I have sympathy with this person . That can't be an easy thing to bring off .
deleted2012 chapter 14 . 8/2/2010
That last one was really nice; but I loved all of them.
silverbirch chapter 14 . 6/3/2010
That was a good one. I never quite understood what happened to Pansy and why she wasn't Mrs Malfoy. Maybe Draco needed somebody different. Maybe he didn't want to be one half of "two cynical, broken down, death-obsessed soldiers" - what a great phrase that was.
Maddeningly Mad chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
This is a truly brilliant beginning. I love that the author is anonymous - it really allows this piece to speak for the Death Eaters as a whole, rather than sharing just one person's stand.
LilysMommy chapter 14 . 6/2/2010
Hauntingly beautiful.
silverbirch chapter 13 . 5/2/2010
That was just fantastic. I consider myself to be a fairly tolerant, liberal-ish kind of person but I found myself spluttering like a retired Colonel as I read it.

'Bloody cheek, who do they thing they are? Got everything they deserved' I mumbled into my glass of port (not really but you know what I mean).

An excellent example of the sort of thing that could easily have happened after a war that was fought against prejudice and discrimination. History is written by winners, after all.