Reviews for Slow Night Falling
Dryad of the Woods chapter 13 . 2/14
You broke my heart. I haven't cried this much since Gandalf fell in Moria. I'll even go so far as to say that this is in my opinion your best story, closely followed by Running on Air. And I'm a DH shipper, so there you go. What you do with words - it's amazing. Heartstoppingly beautiful.
Arithmancy Master chapter 13 . 1/28
Sorry, my keyboard packed up in the middle of a word in the previous review.

Very sad. Both seeing everyone else moving on with their lives and having knowledge that you choose not to burden anyone else with.

With hindsight, it appears that she knew what was about to happen, hence the thorough cleaning of the apartment even though she was due to be helping at a party elsewhere.

I did notice a line that you later borrowed in another story - about driving anywhere.
Arithmancy Master chapter 1 . 1/27
I wondered why this story has so few reviews. Maybe because it has Ginny as the main character? Maybe because those who like Ginny don't wish to see Harry paired with anyone but her? Maybe because the prologue was quiet and thought provoking, rather than action packed.

I like the idea that you refer to unrequited love. It happens so often in real life but seems to be forgotten in stories. If there are eight characters it is extremely likely that within a couple of chapters it will be clear which four couples will eventually emerge. Often within the first few paragraphs, with references to lingering glances, tucking stray locked of hair behind ears, wonder
Reader chapter 13 . 12/15/2014
Beautiful, amazing story
Carling chapter 13 . 3/5/2014
I've read a ton of Drarry fan fics and some Dramione and other pairings. I don't usually read stories like this but I just knew you would do something special for Ginny. Because even when you made her sort of the obstacle in one of your other stories she was tragically beautiful, though annoying.

This was one of the most beautiful stories I've ever read. It deserves more recognition and reviews. I will re read it again and again.
Carling chapter 4 . 3/5/2014
I'm not yet sure where this is going but I'm totally in love with this story. I'm a die hard Drarry shipper these days so am used to Ginny being an obstacle to overcome or an outright villain but when I saw your treatment of her problems in one of your other stories I knew I couldn't pass this up. I knew you'd do something special with the much maligned red head and you are.
Ilba chapter 13 . 9/20/2013
My second story of yours, and it's as beautiful as the first. Your writing leaves me breathless, truly.
natsuki23 chapter 13 . 8/17/2013
So... sad. It had me crying for a couple of chapters. It's a great story though. I love it, it's just, the ending and everything, it great. I love these types of sad romantic stories.
Mimi chapter 13 . 12/9/2012
I had to read this in one go, unable to stop. This was simply gorgeus, and of course sad to the bone... I have been going through some issues with depression for about 2 years now, and reading this fic has felt like someone was quietly comforting me. Especially the way Ginny would wonder about the beauty of things and why it sometimes hurts to look at them.
A detail I liked was how Pansy would be crying when she got drunk.
A lovely fic. You managed to describe the creeping sadness perfectly without ever turning sappy. More like an uneasiness you're trying to ignore than an impending drama.
Gayle Cato chapter 13 . 10/1/2012
This is just the most perfect story. I very nearly cried even. your writing style is beautiful, and I works very well with this piece. I am surprised this does not have more reviews, it really deserves some sort of recognition. I loved going back and reading the prolog and suddenly all sorts of little things that I couldn't understand suddenly are so important as I suspected they must be even if I couldn't see how. I would read this again.

Very well done.

-Gayle
honourary weasley chapter 13 . 5/8/2012
Bloody hell. Just got home from work and read this one. That was... bleak. Miserable.

Miserable can be very satisfying. :)
Classics Lover chapter 12 . 6/29/2011
It's Tarda nox cadens.
Leximaven chapter 2 . 6/18/2011
I've been reading this story for years, and I just realised that I've never reviewed.

It's the most beautiful thing I've ever read; Ginny's perspective on life is amazing, and the character's are all wonderful and fresh and ALIVE. It's so vibrant.

The last few chapters gets me sobbing everytime; melancholy is the perfect word to describe it.

You're an amazing author :)
LachlanGrace chapter 13 . 9/23/2010
That was truly beautiful-no other word for it-

It all seemed so dreamy, and you could FEEL the melancholy throughout the whole story...I love this Ginny
nightowl8240 chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
This is an amazing story. It was filled with and provoked many emotions in an understated way. I love how simple yet complex life is and you illustrate it very well in this fic. I hope you continue to write more, perhaps even professionally since I greatly enjoyed this as well as Lonely Moon. Both also had a great streak of humor to. Thanks agains for such a good story.