Reviews for A Transformer's Fanfic Dictionary
SkylanTorian2014 chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
Holy smokes! I finally found what I was looking for! I googled "Cybertronian terminology fanfiction" and found yours! Your interpretation is definitely a huge thumbs up because I really need to use it for my story as my beta had suggest me to if you're doing for Transformers fic.

I just recently discovered about it and I'm book marking it in case I need to go back to the meaning! Thanks so much for this! You are a life saver dude! Yup, I honestly found yours through google D
Nikkie2010 chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
This is wonderful! Thanks sooo much! :)
LittleEnglishLass chapter 2 . 1/31/2013
Very useful, I can remember a lot of these, but I forget some too. Thanks for this handy list!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
so very very helpful
Quarter 'till Class chapter 2 . 5/20/2012
Very useful for my oc fic; Unspoken Codes.

Thank you, and I plan to use this in the future. I will definitely give you credit throughout my chapters! c:
Prowls-little-hetalian chapter 2 . 12/11/2011
wow, so useful! you are gold, my friend, pure gold
Prowls-little-hetalian chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
wow, this is so useful! there is stuff in here I didnt know, so this is a goldmine of stuff, good job!
Decepti-Jazz chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
This was so helpful in writing my fanfic! Thank you so much. :)
Sari Sumdac chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
eternal thanks, you have saved ne many hours of reserch and fustration. Have a lamington and fell very smug and bask in my eternal thanks. in a nutshell THANK YOU!
Anodythe chapter 2 . 4/27/2009
Wonderful! It's delightful reading. You did your reaearch well, and it shows. Please keep writting more.
QoS chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
I've been looking for something like this for some time now. Thanks very much for this dictionary - as someone new to the fandom I found it very helpful.
Cleargold chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
Incredibly useful is, I believe, the phrase! Many thanks for this.
Taipan Kiryu chapter 2 . 2/16/2009
Thank you very much for taking the time to do this. You are full of awesome.

2 thumbs up!
Jessie07 chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
Good work! This was very informative and I'm sure it will be of great help to anyone who needs help with the transformers lingo! I'll be sure to add this into my favs so that whenever I need some clarification on something I have it available.
Dairokkan chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
As others have noted, a full cross-continuity TF dictionary would not only be rendered redundant due to the existence of Teletraan I, but also doomed to stumble endlessly over the various inconsistencies the TF 'verse is rife with ("laser core" in G1 becoming "spark" in later continuities, "slag" the curse word vs. Slag the Dinobot, etc. ad infinitum).

However, I think a TF *fanfic* dictionary that catalogs commonly-used fanfic terms that are nonexistent in canon would be extremely useful, especially to newcomers to the fandom. I'm sure I'm not the only one who went "huh?" the first time I saw a reference to a "subspace pocket"!

In that respect, this is a pretty worthy effort. There are some issues with the execution, beyond attempting to merge all continuities into a cohesive whole (which is a little like sticking one's hand into a hornet's nest anyway). Some commonly-used fanfic terminology is missing, and some of the terms that are listed are not at all common and the specific author and/or fanfic they're drawn from is easily identifiable.

There are probably still be some issues that will potentially complicate things for you, especially things like time units and measurements (which are inconsistent and ill-defined even in canon, and even moreso in fanfic), fics that meld continuities (many movie fics fill in the gaps by borrowing from G1, for example) and terms that vary depending on author preference/interpretation, such as how TFs reproduce (Allspark/Vector Sigma vs. human-style reproduction) or have sex, (stickyfic vs. plug n' play, field manipulation, spark merging, etc.) but overall I think it could be done, and applaud you for your willingness to attempt it.