Reviews for Just Like the Movies
annaharding chapter 13 . 7/22
Very, very cute story. You made Edward so 'normal'. I loved that. Even his misguided allegiance to Tanya.
Thanx for sharing.
Tarbecca chapter 1 . 4/21
Recommended this story in the Flash Back Fic Dive over at ADF!
Andromeda8V chapter 13 . 2/6
Awww! Loved it! Thank you!
debslmac chapter 13 . 2/2
:) Loved this story
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 1/27
That was a really fun epilogue. Having them in the town car going to the premiere of the movie that brought him into her life. Full circle . . . I liked that. I love that he lives in Chicago now and that he plans to go back to school . . . that he found a passion. There is no reason why he can't make a film here and there . . . just take Bella with him on location. Loved to read that she decided coaching was really for her and that the girls won nationals twice. So glad she wants to start the physical therapy and she came to him for the help . . . he was elated. Even happier to hear that she did sit down and tell Emmett and Rose what really happened. Emmett was just as torn as Edward when she said she wouldn't tell the police. Ultimately, it is her decision and they respected that. Thank you so much for giving us the romp when they got back to the room. Perhaps, once she completes her physical therapy, he can restrain her like he wants to ;) without the risk of furthering the injury. The idea he has for the proposal sounds like she will absolutely love it and I enjoyed the glimpse of how it would happen. Very good tale, thank you for it. -Christy
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 1/27
They had their last night together and it went unscathed by the paparazzi . . . thankfully. Whew. I was as sad as Edward when he left Bella at her home. I was cheering Alice for telling him he should let her choose what she wants. I wanted to throttle him when he took that choice away. When he was flipping through channels, I thought for sure that he'd come across something incriminating either him and Bella or something on Tanya. Then you surprised me with Tanya showing up. Loved the instant irritation on Edward's part . . . he no longer cared for her at all, from the time she dragged him down the hallway. Her self centered attitude was so grating and I was so hoping he'd finally see the light . . . I knew he would . . . and boy did he! The part when he asked where Kate was and she said she fired her because she had gotten too fat and had to pee all the time . . . was she even aware that Kate was freaking pregnant . . . no, I doubt it, as it wasn't about her. I really hope Edward hires Kate as his assistant. Or, finds her a job, if she even still wants to work. It was interesting that Tanya knew by at least last month that Edward was hanging out with Bella and that it was all over their news . . . yet she never once came out to try to get him. She barely called him. Proving she could care less about Edward. Also sadly, proving that Edward is oblivious. I hope he gets better with that. I love that Edward drove all the way to Indy to meet up with Bella. Then going to her in the middle of the arena to profess his love and for her to reciprocate . . . it really was what movies were made of! The paps will know who she is now. Sounds like she can handle it and that she is okay with it. It was really cool that the stands were cheering them on.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 1/27
You know, for a fleeting moment, when Emmett said she fell down the stairs running after Mike, I thought that he may have pushed her down the steps. I did mention in a review, that he probably resented all the time she spent dancing. I'm sad to learn I was right and that he did this to her . . . the prick! I was surprised to learn that she fell out of love with him long before he beat her like that though. Damn good thing she did though, as I couldn't imagine the emotional pain on top of the physical. It is also great that she learned that he could get physical with her, in that way, before they got married. The ones that accuse the people of cheating, are the ones that are usually the ones doing the cheating. Wouldn't surprise me if that is why he was so absent in their home life. I loved that Edward refused to leave her alone and stayed with her. He's right, Mike could have made a visit to her place. He's also right that Bella should at the very least tell Emmett what Mike did to her. He won't love her any less for it. If Edward had to leave less than an hour after the jerk was at the door trying to buy Bella's comments, wouldn't he still be outside, laying in wait. Which also makes me think that the original diner would be the best place for them to have their dinner. That is where they will get outed. I really, really, really want Tanya to get outed first . . . even though that is probably not even a part of this storyline. Edward's chest hurt at the thought that he won't see her again after that last 'non-date', which means he is in love with her. I wouldn't be surprised if Bella loved him too.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 1/27
So very happy the HE manned up this time and did it so very fast too. Alice, thank you for making him see, it was her he really needed to be speaking with. I love the anticipation through all of this. We know Edward isn't truly happy with Tanya, hasn't been since way before he left for Chicago, long before Bella. He is very happy with Bella, yet needs a big nudge in that direction. They've only got the one week left. Oh those girls and doing a dance for Bella . . . her heart must've exploded with the glee they brought her with that. How incredibly sweet of them. I haven't thought that Bella still loved Mike since learning of him. She seems to be very much over him. Yet I am a woman and see things differently than a man does. Of course, Edward only thinks he sees that she still loves him. I see that she did but, he hurt her badly when he left the way he did. So, even if he is there to see her . . . or, even ask for her back . . . doesn't mean she'll want that. However, if she thinks that Edward is very much taken by Tanya, what's to hold her back from that . . . except Emmett and Rose. Hope they speak up, if she does try to let him back in.
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 1/27
I was surprised she didn't get angry when Edward explained that Emmett said something to him about her. She got quiet. Of course, that could've been her way of anger. I was wondering why Bella wasn't dancing anymore and you gave me the answer. She would love to, but doesn't have the money to afford the physical therapy. I wonder if she does it to punish herself? Perhaps she doesn't feel she deserves to have dance as part of her life anymore and this is the way she keeps it away. His offer to help her get that back into her life was not an unreasonable suggestion. He wants his friend happy. Did he let his anger run up and ruin everything? Yes. Did she let her fear run up and push him away? Yes. I just hope that this time, it is him that calls her to apologize. As I don't see her doing it this time. She called him out on his bullshit too. About time. Yes Edward, why are you there having dinner with Bella when you have Tanya? I was glad that he stormed out before saying anything more though. They both need to calm down. I also have to say, I think that Tanya is not faithful to Edward in any way. He doesn't see things when they are right in front of his face, so why would he see something when it is miles away. I keep waiting for the tabloids to come forth and expose her cheating. Even though I have no idea if you are taking it in that direction. It is just a feeling I have.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 1/27
Alice's assessment of Bella was spot on. I really liked that they liked each other right away. Rose seems wonderful and such a great mom. Her comment to Henry was very funny. Him running straight to Bella, too cute. I loved that the family made Alice and Edward so welcome in their home. They all seemed to have fun together. The bonding that Rose and Alice shared over the shopping was too cute. Not sure if Edward should've let Emmett tell Bella's story but, I was glad we, as the readers, got to finally see it. Turns out she had already told him most of it, just not all of it. What a horrible thing to happen to a dancer . . . so sad. I'm glad she can still teach it at least. Although, that is not the same as dancing herself. Maybe there is another surgery that can really fix the problem once and for all? Don't know. Mike really took everything from her that day, how unfortunate. I wonder if she was spending too much time dancing and he couldn't handle that and walked away? Guess when she tells Edward her version, we may learn more.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 1/27
I didn't doubt for a minute that one would call the other . . . they had too much invested into their friendship, to not miss the heck out of each other. I was not surprised that Edward wasn't the one to man up and make the first call. He seems rather wimpy . . . I think Hollywood beat him up way more than he could handle and needs to get out for a while. Gain his strength back. Tame that temper of his . . . which I think is also a result of Hollywood. Get grounded again. Which Bella seems to do for him . . . ground him. I don't think he's realized it yet though. Alice noticed right away. The dance part of this was really fun. Especially Irina . . . that sounded like it was wonderful.
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 1/27
What the hell happened in Edward's past to make him have such a short anger fuse? Also, whatever caused that, is that the same thing that made him think Bella was joking when she had to leave? I was very happy for Alice when Jasper showed up . . . that was wonderful.
ChristyWIX chapter 5 . 1/27
I'm wondering if Bella has feelings towards Edward, yet because she knows he has a girlfriend, she is respecting the boundaries. Therefore, being for him what he seems to need right now, a true friend. She seems to be wonderfully observant while he seems to be the opposite, as he doesn't see things clearly. Most likely a result of living in Los Angeles for too long. Why wouldn't he just Bing or Google her name and see what she was a part of . . . the troupe. It may have been acting, or dance. Curious.
ChristyWIX chapter 4 . 1/27
I think that Edward may be too trusting of Tanya. I think he may have been onto something with the path his mind had him on, before he spoke to Bella. Bella would think the best of anyone and she has not met Tanya . . . neither have we really. Except for that disastrous airport encounter and the horrific way she treated her assistant, Kate. Hey, if Edward breaks up with Tanya, can he keep Kate? She may be better off with Edward after she has her baby. Goodness knows, what Tanya will do when Kate needs to leave to take care of her child. Either permanently, or temporary. I digress. I still really enjoy the conversations that Bella and Edward share . . . and that should really tell Edward something. Also, I commend him for not wanting to break it off with Tanya over the phone. If he even wants to anymore, after talking with Bella. Alice tried, yet again, to get through to him . . . but, he is simply not budging. Wonder if he will eventually?
ChristyWIX chapter 3 . 1/27
I'm so very glad he made his way back to the director and apologized. He knew he was wrong and stepped up. Shows maturity even if he was originally immature when he left. I wasn't surprised that he made his way back to Roger's. He certainly didn't set out to do so but, I really like that he did get there eventually. Literally bumping into Bella was cute. I loved their conversation. It was wonderful to learn that she held that conversation knowing whom he was the whole time. I think he was a little stunned by that and I liked that it threw him off his groove. The deletion of Tanya's message was quite interesting. Still quite intriguing . . .