Reviews for Prequel to The Boy Named Freak
Virodeil chapter 2 . 1/16/2009
You did it very well - little Harry's point of view. But you seemed to forget that Harry couldn't say in complete sentences here, and from what I read from the start of the other story, he must have to be silent all he time... I hpe this helps.

There were a few missing words too (well, 2 or 3), but forget them by now.

8/10
Virodeil chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
Hmm... I like how you made Petunia call Harry freak... It could use a more convincing way, but this was okay still. I like the idea how she liked Harry at first, but you went into a little irony when she said she would raise him like her own child but would not love him or pay him attention... You should think more on that. :)

9/10
amazinglight chapter 6 . 1/11/2009
Wow, thank you for the story. Its very good. Im looking forward for the updating on the sequel.
Fmh chapter 6 . 1/11/2009
This is so sad but it set the scene for your happier story so I held on to that thank you
Makurayami Ookami chapter 6 . 1/11/2009
nomore thatn they deserve. this was good.
Makurayami Ookami chapter 5 . 1/11/2009
well at least in some small semblance she tried.
Makurayami Ookami chapter 4 . 1/11/2009
well at the least he is learning something.
Sabaku no Sable chapter 6 . 1/11/2009
karma. got to love it.
amazinglight chapter 3 . 1/9/2009
Thank you for the updating, please continue.
Alorkin chapter 3 . 1/8/2009
Well, I had flashbacks.

It appears that the majority of the neglect comes from Petunia and the majority of the active abuse from Vernon. None of that is too far out of character, as written in canon.

Petunia simply cannot get past the jealousy she held for her sister, and Vernon isn't the sharpest tack in the box. he believes as my father did. Anything can be beaten out of someone. Your version of Dudley, seems too young at four, to be able to make up such a convincing lie for his mother. ~“OWIE! Mummy! Mummy! Freak used weird powers and threw me downstairs!”~ This takes cunning and guile. Dudley of canon, has never shown much of either.

His sanction of his parents is also unusual. Dudley is horribly spoilt. He would believe his parents over some lady in school, and admitting that he'd lied to his parents is almost unheard of.

~Vernon and Petunia exchanged looks. They didn’t think that their son paid much attention to what they did to Harry, but apparently he did.~ Kids see a lot more than they're given credit for.

Amazing! While her reasons are purely selfish, Petunia is showing some backbone to her husband! With her introspection, she is showing some remorse, but her words give the lie to that as well. As with all abusers, she is foisting the blame onto the victim. It's obviously Harry's fault that he is being abused, because if he weren't as he was, they wouldn't be 'forced' to abuse him. See? Circular reasoning.

I wonder if Petunia really is communing with Lily. Magical abilities seem to travel along bloodlines. It's possible, probably even that Petunia has enough magic to perform limited magic, and yet, not enough to be considered 'magical'.

Either way, she is both creating a great deal of trouble for herself and more for Harry, by defying Vernon. Bullies don't like defiance. i wonder if Vernon might decide to 'teach her a lesson'.

As with 'The Boy named Freak', I have placed this frighteningly accurate fic on my alerts list.

Alorkin
NotSoSuperGirl chapter 3 . 1/8/2009
Petunia is a COWARD AND AN IDIOT good lord. a 4-year old is NOT EVIL (not usually) and there is NO WAY that Harry is evil. Is she just plain retarded. At least she is coming to her senses. Cant wait for Snape to rescue Harry already PPS
Makurayami Ookami chapter 3 . 1/8/2009
well she should want out. at least dudley told the truth.
Anniewriter chapter 3 . 1/8/2009
why is it that it's always vernon who is the dick in these stories?

your just another person who gets off on child abuse...
amazinglight chapter 2 . 1/7/2009
I love it, though Im lucky, I know that Harry will get rescued. Will you also continue the other story? I hope so!
Melissa1026 chapter 2 . 1/6/2009