Reviews for Beast
janr chapter 10 . 1/16/2014
You should write another one of these
Snow over sahara chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
God I love the way you write!

I wish you wrote more on this!I love Beast as a character and you have the best story ever!
Green Peridot chapter 10 . 2/17/2009
Sorry I'm late. Better than never, though!

Wonderful epilogue. Wonderful story. Definitely original and fresh, which was very nice; one does get sick of reading only about Pyro's angsty past and his nascent fire-generating soul mate. :D Not to say there aren't good stories in the aforementioned genre, but you know what I mean.

Anyhow I'm rambling. Sorry. It was a GREAT story that I /thoroughly/ enjoyed; and I hope it will encourage more diverse main character selections in other stories. Hopefully including Beast. He's a great character, and I must say you portrayed him and his struggle perfectly- ie without it turning into a whiny angst fest. :D

Great job!
Skybright Daye chapter 10 . 2/1/2009
*facepalms* And somehow I completely managed to miss that there was an epilogue here! XD Not that I mind, entirely, because it affords one more delightfully sweet scene between Nora and Hank, and that can only be a good thing!

Thanks for the shout-out; said references have definitely served their intended purpose. :D
Skybright Daye chapter 9 . 2/1/2009
*grins* Absolutely beautiful. I love the open-ended nature of this ending; things don't wrap up neatly, they merely regroup for the beginning of a whole new chapter of Hank's life. There's a sense of promise and of possibilities.

I really enjoyed the realistic relationship you painted between Hank and Nora; even in the most loving and accepting relationship, such a tremendous change leads inevitably to some hesitations and complications - and I'm glad you didn't shy away from those, because it made the payoff so much more rewarding. They are so sweet together throughout this story, and especially in this chapter (and Nora has a very good point about Beauty and the Beast!)

Thank you for a wonderful read. :D
Certh chapter 10 . 1/31/2009
Beautiful ending - everything turns alright somehow. That's how it should be.
tesla chapter 10 . 1/31/2009
This wad great! We need more Beast stories.
Green Peridot chapter 8 . 1/31/2009
/Great/ chapter. I felt like I was the one coming home, that I was in Henry's place, going to see his mentor; and the scene with the Professor was brilliant. Touching. I'd never thought about how he might be tortured by what he had unwittingly done.

So you're implying that Henry was the cause of the Proffesor's paralysis? Ouch, that had to make him guilty. I'm just curious, is that canon? If not, nice touch. Even though it hurt. :D

Nice.
Kairan1979 chapter 8 . 1/30/2009
As I thought, Hank and Charles had a lot to discuss. Hank's secondary mutation, the time Charles spent as Stryker's prisoner...

I know that Beast and Wolverine met much later in movieverse. But I hope they meet earlier in your story. Because being feral mutant is new condition for Hank, but not for Logan.
Certh chapter 8 . 1/30/2009
Simply beautiful.
Skybright Daye chapter 8 . 1/29/2009
Oh, *love this* - my favorite chapter yet. You so eloquently express Hank's feeling of connection to the School; your description really conveys the reactions and emotions of someone returning to their *home* - and seeing the aftermath of its having been invaded.

The backstory you've created between Hank and Charles for the Movieverse canon pays off so beautifully here. The parallels are no doubt obvious to Xavier as well as to Hank, and that sense of shared history really packs an emotional wallop. Yet, as Hank affirms at the end of the chapter - that connection also lends a sense of hope to a violent and senseless occurrence. One gets the feeling that these two friends will only grow to be closer friends after this, and for good reason; now they've each been on the receiving end of tragedy and of grace.

I'm glad you chose to put off the meeting; the wait was well worth it.
Kairan1979 chapter 7 . 1/28/2009
I like to see Hank reajusting to his new body and reevaluating his life. Scene at the breakfast was remarkable.

I can't wait to see his meeting with Charles.
Skybright Daye chapter 7 . 1/27/2009
A quiet chapter, but with some really sweet moments. I'm loving your Jubilee, as I mentioned last chapter :) In fact I'm really fond of that whole scene at the breakfast table - Hank's contrasting the real him of life at the School/with the kids versus the social life he's built up is very effective.

And I just had to laugh at Hank's readjusting the car seat. Priceless mental image, right there! XD
Certh chapter 6 . 1/25/2009
That moment between Jubilee and Hank was very sweet; the girl handled their encounter very maturely. And the current delicate, so fragile relationship between Hank and Nora, it simply makes me look forward to seeing how it develops after all that's happened. Another well-written and emotional chapter.

Certh
Skybright Daye chapter 6 . 1/24/2009
Aw, a surprisingly and wonderfully tactful response from Jubilee. Nice to see her showing such a mature side :)

I'm really loving Hank's determined integrity here . . . and the delicate walking-on-eggshells interaction that's going on between him and Nora is keeping me in delicious suspense. Another lovely chapter! :D