Reviews for Sweetly Soured
Guest chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
kyoot! XD
WildfireDreams chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
0_0 I find it odd how you managed to give L my exact same vision problem though in my case its the left eye that is legally blind.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 10/7/2011
Nice story. This is the first L goes to the doctor fic I've ever read. Considering how close he stares at the TV, his diet, and his weight, it's highly possible that he has health problems. Going blind and developing diabetes and cavities are at the top of the list.

Good work with showing how uncomfortable he was in a clinic setting. The doctor seemed rather kind considering how much L hated being there. It's funny that the second he leaves the doctor's he's resuming his bad habits.

Watari is perfect in this story. Good work with having him threaten to physically drag L to the appointment if he wouldn't go on his own, that sounds like something he would say/do. I love how you have him lecturing L the whole way back.

Nice job with this story.
July chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
It's a nice story, but kind of weird to me. I don't know if it was for convenience, but in my country check-ups don't work like that. You go to a doctor (never in a hospital, but in a private clinic or something like that) and he doesn't make all the exams. You go to one to examine your ears, other your eyes, other your 'down areas', another to your heart... you have to go to almost 15 doctors every year.
LuminiaAravis chapter 1 . 8/17/2009
Very interesting, very original! I like it! Although I still can't get my mind around the idea of L being BLIND in one eye!
Zchocolatebunniesrulezworld chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Haha, umm, to once again turn the review back onto myself, *my* right eye sucks, too! Not quite so bad as L's, though...I guess this is the closest I'll get to the characters-connections from my life to theirs through fanfiction...

But yeah! Going to the hospital must be traumatic for L...luckily, the experience is over now, and he can go back to killing himself (by eating all those sweets and blinding himself, of course) I don't know if the idea requires a "_" or a ":("...hmm...of course, there are other ways of conveying emotions than smiley faces: we could use *words* for once-but teens never seem to DO that anymore... spending so much time socializing on the internet must be really detrimental to our actual *face-to-face* talking skills-I know a girl whose conversations with her first boyfriend (*I* consider him her boyfriend) is through texts/emails going like this: "hi" "wats up?" "nm. im bored" "lol" ":)" It's actually kind of depressing, and it happens a lot...

Hang on! Why am I talking about this? Umm...*rereads review*...*still can't tell*...the tangent seems to have pulled itself up out of Tangent-Land magically, without my knowledge or consent. Ah, well.
redxcanary chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
ah! omg a prostate exam! xD aw poor L! hes not healthy :(

good writing :)
MissPumpkinHead chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
I love this so much! It was so cute, and you're amazing at writing. Poor L, I hate the doctor too. I like how he just went back to his habits even after he went to the clinic. XD
BondSlave chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
HAHHAHA I love it! Pure and utter brillience!
Psychopomp1725 chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Oh my this was absolutely cute!

Poor L had to go to the hospital but it was for his own good.

I love this story you did very well on it even if it was just a short drabble! Keep up the good work! _
Addicted to Dreams chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
I hate doctors too!
aflaskj chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
Hahaha! XD I love Watari. I love how he ranted and "chewed him out". XD Hilarious drabble. D
Bored Katsu chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
Well, well done for writing this without very much background knowledge, I must say!

'Watari gave a quiet growl of frustration, losing his English composure.' made me laugh alot! I really don't get that phrase usually, but in this context it makes perfect sense!

And I agree, this makes a nice change from the other 'clinic' fics I've read. I can totally relate to L through personal expereince...I watched the TV too close as a child and have a pair of lenses of my own now...

M.S DARK ANGEL chapter 1 . 1/7/2009

Ls funni! the doc ish funnier!

write more plz! _
Sora Sotara chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
Wow. That was just... wow. That's all I can come up with to explain it. Beautifully written though, especially for all the randomness.