Reviews for The Tinker's Tale
Fayet chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Quite a suprise, indeed. But a good one for a change - I've been reading too many dark stories lately, and yours was wonderfully bright in comparison.
elsa3beth chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Cute; and a nice back-story for Erestor
Wessex chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
What an interesting idea!
Confused Pumpkin chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
Wow...*blinks*

I just never expected that. It's an interesting notion, to say the least, and I like the history that you've made for Ecthelion/Erestor. It would explain why Glorfindel chose to bind himself to the house of Elrond. And the Yuletide atmosphere that you added suited the story very well. Regardless of my ponderings, I'm glad that these old friends from Gondolin were reunited. Truly, I'm really starting to like this idea of Erestor being a scarred but very much alive Ecthelion. Cheers, and thanks for the story!
Emily chapter 1 . 10/23/2009
Interesting, very interesting. I like the twist on that. Very interesting. (I know I'm repeating myself, but you've just stunned me with something very unusual, so I think it fits!)
smiles chapter 1 . 1/23/2009
interesting. erestor is ecthelion, that would explain the friendship with glorfindel.
ziggy3 chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
This ia a little jewel of a story. Very beautifully written with a really tight narrative, sense of 'Yule', with the tinker and snow and 'Erestor' outsdie the festivities. Very atmospheric. I really enjoyed reading this. You wove the two time shifts together really well. Just totally enjoyable. Loved the characterisation and the way you introduced them.
Oleanne chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
I enjoyed the tale. You invented a clever background for Erestor that in the end seems quite believable. Thanks for sharing.
lackam chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
I like this take on Ecthelion, it is very different. Keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
This was really interesting and well written. :)
Clodia chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
Lovely! Thank you.
SkyChild chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
An interesting take of Erestor and Ecthelion... but a very cute, touching story! I enjoyed it very much... thank you!
isilme222 chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
Thank you for another wonderful tale, even if it is sad in parts.

I'm pleased that Glorfindel and Ecthelion were reunited in the end.

Lyn
Lady Ambreanna chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
A very interesting notion! Thank you for the story!