Reviews for A Better Childhood
Rose chapter 9 . 7/27
Stop apologizing for not being a native English speaker. Your command of the language is much better than a lot of fics I have read, keep up the good work! I'm a fan.
Just a thought: wow wouldn't it be wonderful if Harry became Severus' sibling (maybe deaged by choice)?
Breanna3593 chapter 10 . 2/28
I don't like that the adults are pushing all of this information on a little boy. Surely they can't expect him to remember or understand it.
daisycb chapter 3 . 2/27
I don't understand why people who complain about the way a story is written don't just stop reading it and go write their own the way they want and let the rest of us just go on reading and enjoying it. It's not like there aren't other stories to read. If this is the way you want your plot to be, then write it that way. It's your story. And I'm still reading and enjoying.
534667lc chapter 29 . 2/25
Loved your story , now favourited!
Deathtoaster chapter 13 . 12/23/2014
Every time I finish a chapter, I think "Awww...Sev is so adorable!"
Doctorpotter chapter 14 . 12/17/2014
I love your story! And I read your response to bad reviews and I just wanted to say good for you.. And don't listen to the haters your story is amazing!:)
s chapter 13 . 10/29/2014
I love this story. Please don't doubt yourself. It all rings true for me - and your experience with troubled kids and adults shows. Sev talking below his age- well, trauma causes people to regress in behavior and speech at least temporarily. (For those in doubt, think about the way we act when greatly stressed- not so mature, calm, or clear-headed. Also think about the times when you acted immature then later thought "WHAT was that about?!) And truthfully, I'm enjoying the long look at recreating a childhood. I would feel unhappy and dissatisfied if it had been skirted over to get to some drama or trauma. This IS the meat of the story. To handle it casually, just 'oh by the way...Severus had a good childhood and now on to something else', whatever - well, I for one am glad this author did not do that. I've read too many stories where the character development is truncated instead of working out in a (dare I say) realistic manner. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Terraslady12 chapter 15 . 10/4/2014
Hi sunny

I just wanted you to know that i love all your stories. I had a bad childhood and still suffer from depression, sometimes severe bouts, and reading stories where children have a better childhood than originally planned gives me a positive feeling. I wish mine could be made better as easy, but you definitely make me smile, sometimes after crying but always a positive outcome. A plot to a story is whatever you the author makes it. But if u want my opinion, u have the perfect plot for this story n the person who wrote the review for Ch 14 doesn't know a good story when it hits them in the face.
I notice you haven't been around for a while, i hope you are well and that you will return n write more one day. But only when you are ready. Take care
Terras x
marthapreston4 chapter 18 . 9/30/2014
I wonder who the little girl was that sev used to play with was?
marthapreston4 chapter 17 . 9/30/2014
I am not sure about mione/charlie its like having a thirty yr old man date a highschool girl
marthapreston4 chapter 4 . 9/30/2014
awww thats so sad and sweet
takk05v chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
There is always more than one way of viewing just because you don't agree with fictional choices of fictional characters does not mean the author shouldn't write about them. do you seriously never read anything that challenges your point of view?

I love the story and i think you have done a wonderful job with the story. I actually think i liked the first chapter how it was before you changed it. go with your gut, its your story.

I also don't think it was necessarily right for them to force the choice on severus but i understand why they wanted to give their friend a new start instead of a life of emotional torture in azkaban. Sometimes we do things that are wrong to protect people we love.

and seriously who doesn't read a story over the choices the characters make? human choices and human mistakes are what make the characters ... human.
Guest chapter 28 . 7/22/2014
Gooooooood ending to part one! Will read part two! ;) what are u working as?
Guest chapter 23 . 7/22/2014
Excellent cliff-hanger! :)) who put it there?! ;))