Reviews for A Better Childhood
Chrissysmiles chapter 30 . 1/14
This was a really cute story!
Only complaint was the chapters were too short
:-)
Guest chapter 28 . 12/8/2016
This was brilliant story, I love little Severus he is cute. I also have to say thank you, thank you, thank you and highly appreciate you telling a story about trauma of an abused and neglected child in a realistic manner. Instead of sugar coating and making it into a happy fantasy. I also hope that you continue to write and don't listen to the haters. I understood your story completely and enjoyed it. It's you story and you should tell like it is. Don't change it because of someone else's opinion and if they don't like it they can read something else. I say thanks for a brilliant story and good job. I hope to read more about little Severus.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/7/2016
Aww, poor Severus. I know that feeling all to well from my childhood.
Swagness maximum faness chapter 28 . 3/26/2016
I red this and I love it this is beutiful and very sweet. I'm not much of a long comment writer but this was amazing. The struggles of sev and Harry was so great of to read the sequels now
Jealous Jack chapter 22 . 9/10/2015
I can understand why Harry is acting the way he is, if I went through what he did, I would probably be acting the same way.
Rose chapter 9 . 7/27/2015
Stop apologizing for not being a native English speaker. Your command of the language is much better than a lot of fics I have read, keep up the good work! I'm a fan.
Guest chapter 17 . 3/23/2015
Just a thought: wow wouldn't it be wonderful if Harry became Severus' sibling (maybe deaged by choice)?
Breanna3593 chapter 10 . 2/28/2015
I don't like that the adults are pushing all of this information on a little boy. Surely they can't expect him to remember or understand it.
daisycb chapter 3 . 2/27/2015
I don't understand why people who complain about the way a story is written don't just stop reading it and go write their own the way they want and let the rest of us just go on reading and enjoying it. It's not like there aren't other stories to read. If this is the way you want your plot to be, then write it that way. It's your story. And I'm still reading and enjoying.
lizyeh2000 chapter 29 . 2/25/2015
Loved your story , now favourited!
Deathtoaster chapter 13 . 12/23/2014
Every time I finish a chapter, I think "Awww...Sev is so adorable!"
Doctorpotter chapter 14 . 12/17/2014
I love your story! And I read your response to bad reviews and I just wanted to say good for you.. And don't listen to the haters your story is amazing!:)
s chapter 13 . 10/29/2014
I love this story. Please don't doubt yourself. It all rings true for me - and your experience with troubled kids and adults shows. Sev talking below his age- well, trauma causes people to regress in behavior and speech at least temporarily. (For those in doubt, think about the way we act when greatly stressed- not so mature, calm, or clear-headed. Also think about the times when you acted immature then later thought "WHAT was that about?!) And truthfully, I'm enjoying the long look at recreating a childhood. I would feel unhappy and dissatisfied if it had been skirted over to get to some drama or trauma. This IS the meat of the story. To handle it casually, just 'oh by the way...Severus had a good childhood and now on to something else', whatever - well, I for one am glad this author did not do that. I've read too many stories where the character development is truncated instead of working out in a (dare I say) realistic manner. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Terraslady12 chapter 15 . 10/4/2014
Hi sunny

I just wanted you to know that i love all your stories. I had a bad childhood and still suffer from depression, sometimes severe bouts, and reading stories where children have a better childhood than originally planned gives me a positive feeling. I wish mine could be made better as easy, but you definitely make me smile, sometimes after crying but always a positive outcome. A plot to a story is whatever you the author makes it. But if u want my opinion, u have the perfect plot for this story n the person who wrote the review for Ch 14 doesn't know a good story when it hits them in the face.
I notice you haven't been around for a while, i hope you are well and that you will return n write more one day. But only when you are ready. Take care
Terras x
marthapreston4 chapter 18 . 9/30/2014
I wonder who the little girl was that sev used to play with was?