Reviews for Elves in the Wood
yuekochan chapter 1 . 4/26
So funny! I really love your story!

The letter from Glorfindel to CĂ­rdan was so hilarious. Poisoning orcs? Really? Oh, Legolas...)))

Thank you for lovely story. Could you do me a favour, please! I want to have your permission to translate your fiction into Vietnamese. I'm sure my friends will love it as I do.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon!
pinksugarrush chapter 1 . 3/14
Oh, this was absolutely hilarious! Glorfindel and those sassy trees! Ah, poor Legolas. He can be too adventurous for his own good.

I enjoyed it from start to finish! Love it! Keep up the amazing work!
Stormcutter684 chapter 1 . 1/18
Awww, that's too bad, Legolas' first encounter with men.
Although at least he figured out that not all men are cruel and heartless.
A very good story. Btw, thanks for adding the translations below. I don't know much (if any) Elven language at all! (Or is it Elvish language? Idk.)
Brightpath2 chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
"It's even rare that I meet an elf who's seen fewer summers than I have" that made me laugh!
This was cute. I enjoyed Glorfindel's letter through it all XD
Timemidae chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
I thoroughly enjoyed the sassy trees.
LadyoftheNight chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
I REALLY liked this. I actually read Peppy Power's story first, and then came to read this after it was mentioned in her story. This was extremely well written and I enjoyed reading it.
Lusse Eldalion chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
Great! I'm still laughing. I love the excerps of Glorfindel's letter! Really, I love your stories.
Greysh chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Nice one-shot :)
The Awsome one chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
I'm laughing as i read this story again. Its great!

I'm not saying I understand the language of trees as well as a Wood-elf or even a Sinda, but I can definitely tell when one of them is calling me an idiot.

True to that Glorfy. True to that. You can be an idiot.

In the end I had to accept it, and accept that he had no concussion, since he could see and count and even managed to recite the eight uses of larkspur. (Actually, he gave me nine; my teachers in Aman never thought to include "Poisoning orcs" in the list. I suspect Legolas' teachers did not include it, either. I think he just said it to see how I would react.)

Now that is the Legolas we all know and love. But how did Glorfindel react to that? Poisoning Orcs ... that would work
Live.Laugh.Love.Listen.Music chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
This is very very good! Well done!
quaff chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Lovely story. Your stories are a joy to read.
iiiionly chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
As I love Legolas whumping stories, I was hooked at the first sentence! Not only that, but you kept me rivited to the page from the first to the last word.

The inclusion of the excerpts of the letter from Glorfindel to Ciradan was a great tension tamer and a wonderful bits of added humor as well.

Loved the sentient trees that talked over, above and ABOUT Glorfindel, and - to - Legolas! Oh the horror of having ones faults and insensibilities discussed so brazenly within hearing.

Lovely story, I enjoyed every bit of it.

Tanis
CC.V.RG chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Very very well written story...i cannot remembr if i reviewed this already, so i will review again! ;)
adriennevalhalla chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
I love this story! The way you weaved Glorifindel's letter into the narrative worked very well, I was surprised how well it worked actually-a lot of writers cannot pull it off. Great job :) I also liked your portrayal of a younger Legolas. Thank you for writing this!
rebeccasaurus chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I really enjoyed this. I loved the break between scenes - the letter from Glorfindel to Cirdan was a wonderful idea!

Any chance you'll write a story of how Legolas tried to befriend a warg? Because that is something I have got to see!