Reviews for Elves in the Wood
Amu4ever chapter 1 . 3/16
So, the letters in-between made it more original, but also took a bit of the excitement out of it.

It's like you changed scenes just before it got exciting.

It's a well written story, but the letters keep it from being all too...emotional binding? I wouldn't call it a story, which causes you to sit on the edge of your seat with halted breath, but I guess you didn't aim for that, did you?

Your story has its very own charm, even if it doesn't cause the heart to thumb faster and the telltale inablity to look away from the screen.

All in all its a very serene story. Or at least it makes that impression on me.
Thranduil's wife chapter 1 . 11/12/2015
I love your stories. I wish this was longer. I have a question which I sent in a review to PeppyPower, who wrote "Dear Elfling" She wrote the same story in a first person point of view (Elrond). You wrote the same plot in a third person point of view. I'm having difficulties believing it was a coincident. Are you two writing partners? Are did one copied from the other? Just asking.
Schattenjagd chapter 1 . 9/17/2015
Well done, once again. Not as breath-taking as the other two I read earlier, but still pretty good. Nice idea and beautifully written
yuekochan chapter 1 . 4/26/2015
So funny! I really love your story!

The letter from Glorfindel to CĂ­rdan was so hilarious. Poisoning orcs? Really? Oh, Legolas...)))

Thank you for lovely story. Could you do me a favour, please! I want to have your permission to translate your fiction into Vietnamese. I'm sure my friends will love it as I do.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon!
pinksugarrush chapter 1 . 3/14/2015
Oh, this was absolutely hilarious! Glorfindel and those sassy trees! Ah, poor Legolas. He can be too adventurous for his own good.

I enjoyed it from start to finish! Love it! Keep up the amazing work!
Stormcutter684 chapter 1 . 1/18/2015
Awww, that's too bad, Legolas' first encounter with men.
Although at least he figured out that not all men are cruel and heartless.
A very good story. Btw, thanks for adding the translations below. I don't know much (if any) Elven language at all! (Or is it Elvish language? Idk.)
Brightpath2 chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
"It's even rare that I meet an elf who's seen fewer summers than I have" that made me laugh!
This was cute. I enjoyed Glorfindel's letter through it all XD
Timemidae chapter 1 . 2/15/2014
I thoroughly enjoyed the sassy trees.
LadyoftheNight chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
I REALLY liked this. I actually read Peppy Power's story first, and then came to read this after it was mentioned in her story. This was extremely well written and I enjoyed reading it.
Lusse Eldalion chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
Great! I'm still laughing. I love the excerps of Glorfindel's letter! Really, I love your stories.
Greysh chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Nice one-shot :)
The Awsome one chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
I'm laughing as i read this story again. Its great!

I'm not saying I understand the language of trees as well as a Wood-elf or even a Sinda, but I can definitely tell when one of them is calling me an idiot.

True to that Glorfy. True to that. You can be an idiot.

In the end I had to accept it, and accept that he had no concussion, since he could see and count and even managed to recite the eight uses of larkspur. (Actually, he gave me nine; my teachers in Aman never thought to include "Poisoning orcs" in the list. I suspect Legolas' teachers did not include it, either. I think he just said it to see how I would react.)

Now that is the Legolas we all know and love. But how did Glorfindel react to that? Poisoning Orcs ... that would work
Live.Laugh.Love.Listen.Music chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
This is very very good! Well done!
quaff chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Lovely story. Your stories are a joy to read.
iiiionly chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
As I love Legolas whumping stories, I was hooked at the first sentence! Not only that, but you kept me rivited to the page from the first to the last word.

The inclusion of the excerpts of the letter from Glorfindel to Ciradan was a great tension tamer and a wonderful bits of added humor as well.

Loved the sentient trees that talked over, above and ABOUT Glorfindel, and - to - Legolas! Oh the horror of having ones faults and insensibilities discussed so brazenly within hearing.

Lovely story, I enjoyed every bit of it.

Tanis