Reviews for Not One of Us
SkyWolf25 chapter 2 . 3/23/2013
Please please can this have a sequel?
MuggleCreator chapter 2 . 12/17/2012
Ah, dear. Those two... Minerva will not be happy when she finds out the truth at the end...and can only demand explanation & forgiveness from portraits.
wokanshutaiduo chapter 2 . 12/11/2011
Love this story. Severus is the consummate spy, but he also has feelings and I find it hard to believe that he could keep up that mask 24/7 throughout that awful year... really well done. Lovely way to have him give out hints while still remaining ambigious and not betraying himself...
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
"Don't tempt me, Severus," she finally said so softly he could barely hear it. "I won't murder you - not even though you deserve it."

Well, as we all know, she gets over _that_-and she avenges herself on helpless first year Slytherins, too, by driving them out of the castle with only their older classmates for protection. Oh, now, that's _really_ brave, isn't it?

As for Snape, he's dreaming if he thinks Minerva ever really trusted him-she trusted Dumbledore's judgment, not _him_.
severiana chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
good one, you managed to show Snape's POV during his Headmaster times ver well, the pressure, loneliness, despair, and truly his only hope - a benefit of the doubt. and the same scene from Minerva's point of view - this is nicely done, and her uncertainity, looking for some ulterior motive, but in the end this grain of doubt remains
Luiz4200 chapter 2 . 10/11/2009
Good fic.
DailyProphetEditor chapter 2 . 4/11/2009
I love the idea! Good job with the different POVs. Also, I liked the ending very much... it's not a happy ending, of course not, but there is that tiny little bit of doubt Minerva suddenly finds in her thoughts. And it's all Severus can hope for.
waterside chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
I've been always sorry that we don't get a better glimpse at Snape the headmaster in the books. This story shows it perfectly how he must feel during the last year. Killing Dumbledore is difficult but then going back to Hogwarts, his only true home, disguised as an enemy among his colleagues, some of them his former teachers, who all think he is a traitor, a murderer, a coward, must be similarly difficult. Yes, he has to go through with it, without giving himself away and without cracking up. Good story.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 1/20/2009
Well, this incident certainly didn't slow her down when the time came. One suspects she was able to sustain her sense of virtue when the time came to bury Snape, too. After all, how was she to know? No doubt that's how she reassured herself that she _still_ did the right thing.

It was, after all, for the Greater Good.
godwit chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
I think you really manage to keep Snape at the point of cracking up for the whole story and show under what pressure he is during this last year. It is interesting to see the events from two points of view, what Snape really is thinking and how Minerva interprets his behaviour. And then the small hope Snape has that Minerva will doubt what she knows and the very subtle doubt that finally cannot leave Minerva completely. Painful and very good!
SWChica2005 chapter 2 . 1/15/2009
A very interesting 2-shot. I liked reading it from Snape's POV...and to see how he felt during that dark period of time at Hogwarts, to see how much turmoil he felt about Dumbledore's plan. Great job!
A-zla chapter 2 . 1/13/2009
A very nice story! I hope you'll continue it - I really hope that Minerva will figure it out and confront Severus. I'd love to read that!
whitehound chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
Well-written, and I think Minerva was probably very fond of him, even though he might not have realized it. It wasn't when she heard that Albus was dead that she nearly fainted - it was when she heard who had killed him. But then she would feel that the person she had been so fond of had never truly existed, it had all been a lie.

Of course, if Dumbledore's death had gone according to plan Severus would never have been accused of murder. It was obvious from the fact that Severus was sitting up in his office, waiting for Albus to call him, that what was meant to happen was that Albus would come back from the cave very sick from the poison and go to Snape's office apparently seeking a cure. As far as anybody else was concerned Snape would simply have tried and failed to save his life. But Draco bringing DEs into the school that night overturned the whole thing.
snitchbox chapter 2 . 1/7/2009
O! Great scene - you've done a really nice job getting into heads of the characters. I hope you're planning on continuing - I'd love to see where the story goes from here!
Mania4ka chapter 2 . 1/7/2009
Great story! You captured the situation perfectly) Both Severus and Minerva are so in character!

Good job!