Reviews for Africa
Anthony1l chapter 10 . 11/4/2012
This story is hilarious, interesting, original, touching, and unique.
miss scorpia chapter 4 . 2/12/2012

Please don't take this negatively but I couldn't help laughing in this chapter. You see, I'm from Denmark and living in Copenhagen. So to see you use a german name and german accents made me laugh.

Dieter has never been a danish name, where Hans is as danish as you can get. :P

Nice story btw. _

Feel free to contact me if you are ever in need of any kind of informations about Denmark.
GirlyGirl68 chapter 8 . 11/28/2011
Hey I really love this story so farm. I've been up basically all night reading it. Plus it has finally given me a chance to do my nails. Anyway I just wanted to say that the accent or whatever you used for Koyla is great. Actually when I read it, in my mind it was coming out as the accent Jumba uses in Lilo and Stitch. And I was wondering if that was actually where you got it from. Anyways I gotta go, I got 15 minutes to read the last 2 chapters before I have to get ready for school.

GirlyGirl68 out. ;~)
Muzzlehatch chapter 10 . 1/23/2009
Very well done. Team Possible and the other volunteers did a swell job keeping the food shipments going to the people who needed them and also were able to protect themselves from the bad guys without anybody getting hurt.

I feel sorry for the Rev. Mr. Tully, since he had to leave under a cloud, but sometimes things are beyond one's control no matter how good your intentions are, especially when you're dealing with a culture that's so different from your own.

All in all, it was a good way to end Kim and Ron's high school years and prepare them for their next stage in life.
Michael Howard chapter 10 . 1/18/2009
A very nice conclusion to this coming of age (in more ways than one) Kim and Ron adventure. Looking forward to your next offering.
Michael Howard chapter 9 . 1/18/2009
"I always loved him, even when I was trying to pretend not to love him."

Michael Howard chapter 8 . 1/17/2009
The almost duel between Wade and his Bulgarian rival was fun. So was the revelation about Christiana M. (Just because someone's been in the public eye for years, decades even, doesn't mean you really know them... )
Muzzlehatch chapter 8 . 1/17/2009
Why isn't this story showing up on the main page? It looks as if only the people that subscribed to the author alert are getting it.
Michael Howard chapter 6 . 1/15/2009
The note from "Patch." Rufus "almost" talking. Kim discussing college with her Mom. Lots of fun moments in this chapter, but still, the threat of violence hangs over the story like a toxic cloud.

Captivating work here, CM. .
Michael Howard chapter 5 . 1/13/2009
You're doing a good job of ratcheting up the tension level here. It's hard to see how there could not be casualties in the battle (battles?) to come.
Muzzlehatch chapter 6 . 1/13/2009
Well, it looks as if it's going to get a bit hairy for our heroes and their companions. Can't wait to see how they're going to get out from under this time.

I liked the technical details that you gave for their improvised weapons and the equipment that "Patch" sent them, especially the plasma rifles with their variable power settings and automatic range finders, which I think are rather ingenious. Even Heinlein never considered that for the laser guns in his novel "Glory Road".

I also enjoyed the way you've handled Kim and Ron's romantic activities. You've really captured the coltish innocence of their approach to sex, as contrasted with their all-business attitude to combat.
Michael Howard chapter 4 . 1/11/2009
“It’s okay, Maria” said Kim. “Shh, relax,” she quietly told Ron. This stuff happens."

Missing a quotation mark there between Ron and This.

Looks like events are escalating now, with a greater threat of danger for our heroes. I really liked how Ron was able to analyze the unfolding events, and with a very Ron-like explanation, too.

Good stuff.
Michael Howard chapter 3 . 1/9/2009
Corruption, genocide, and civil war are not exactly familiar threats for Kim and Ron. I guess we can say that in the day and the night they seem to be entering unknown territory in this story.

A truly distinctive fan fiction you are presenting here.
Michael Howard chapter 2 . 1/8/2009
So that's how Kim and Ron ended up at Northwestern State University. Monique, too. But that still leaves (spoiler alert for a character who appears in the stories you wrote previously but which are set after this adventure) to be re-introduced.

As for the descriptions of our heroes "nighttime activities," well, can we assume that it wasn't solely humanitarian service that prompted K and R to take this extended trip far, far away from their respective parents?

Nice chapter by the way!
captainkodak1 chapter 10 . 1/8/2009

Excellent story. I really liked the way you had Kim and Ron in the middle of everything and working things out. Sometimes it takes smarts and tricks instead of brawn. Kim and Ron took their relationship to new heights in this story. The characters and the situations were believable and well constructed. The entire situation was so real, and could have really and might have really occurred at some date. Always enjoy reading your work.

The Captain