Reviews for Restitution
Voyager Tip chapter 1 . 3/2
My comments are going to echo all the other wonderful reviews of this story. First of all, I'd like you to know that I have read this story 4 times over the past 2 weeks since I found it buried on page 12 in the fanfiction archive. IT IS A GEM! You have painted a wonderful picture and as everyone has said, it has all the things we love: caring, misunderstanding, hurt & comfort, friendship, plot twists, courage, references to other episodes (the watch from "Ties", Wacky Tabaccy from "Glass House" and more) and they are like good friends when I read them. The scene when they finally straighten it all out is perfect. My favorite line in the whole story occurs then and it is when Milt tells Mark to duck next time and he says he did... "Then do you think maybe you can get a little better at it?"
Just very enjoyable and so well written. Thanks for posting it.
valis2 chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
A great story! I enjoyed this so much. Your characterizations were great, and the dialogue was really wonderful. I loved the emotional connection between the two-I thought you painted a very vivid picture of how they feel about each other. I'm so glad I found this story. Thanks so much for sharing it!
june08 chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
good story.
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Jaz22,

Let me start by saying this.

As you know I truly love all of the stories you have writen.I love everything about them.

I do have to tell you though that this story was the best had my absolute total interest all through it I just found it so very hard to back off from it.

I kept wondering all through it what would happen next.

There was definantly alot of emotion in this anger,violence, .

The characters perfectly captured.

I was so happy to hear that they finally decided to talk about it and then they each could find out there was very much misunderstandings there on both there parts as to what the other was doing, and ,thinking and, what they each were going to do or decide to do.

It all came out great in the end.

Thanks so much for writing and posting such a wonderful story.

In case I never said it was the top story of yours yet.

JeanneZ84
McDuck chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Fantastic story with exceptional dialogue and pacing. Great work as usual.
Georgi1961 chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Oh, man, was this a fabulous story! I've been dying for a long story! The conversation was just so spot on, with both men jumping to the wrong conclusions but having a case to deal with that interfered with sorting everything else out. And the "pre-DDay" references just kept me grounded. Humor, angst, more humor.

And, my absolute favorite line/scene in ANY fanfic I've ever read was Frank pulling Mark over, “Excuse me, but aren’t you the guy who hosted that amazing party last week?”

Yeah. I've never laughed so hard. Best line, hands down, EVER. I could so see it happening.

Thanks so much for sharing your talent and making my week!
302pilot chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Okay, I had to read this one twice. and when I started writing down all the things I liked about this story, my review read like a novel so I figured I would just choose some adjectives to describe how much I enjoyed every single part of this. but then I realized that Owl used them all in her review, which only left "Youza, that was a great story!" and that just didn't seem to cut it.

Within this story is pretty much everything I love about the series-great characters, great plot, twists and turns, and of course Frank, Teddy, dust bunnies, call backs, bloody head wounds and cleaver one-liners. Add to that the incredible writing, spot on dialogue and a viable, logical, well developed storyline and a very satisfying ending...well, need I say more?

Thank you for sharing-your work is greatly appreciated!

Ceebee
SuzanneF chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
Wow, and again: WOW! Everything that Owl said, and then LML. said.

The characters nailed perfectly, the storyline exciting and interesting, the emotional bits are not overdone but very poignant and even touching, all in all, an exceptionally well-balanced and entertaining piece of work.

Was I right or was I right when I told you you were right there with the best writers in this fandom? Again, let me second LML - it's just the best thing you started to write for H&M and that you share the results of your talent with us.

Thank you!
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
I really like the parallel stories going on in this one, all the result of the uneasy aftermath of "You Would Cry, Too": Mark feeling guilty, Hardcastle trying to keep his own secret, and outside forces-Dalem and Manduke-contending against them both.

Frank showing up on the PCH and offering Mark the standing remark about the party was a hoot. I can just imagine him in a scene like that. I like the frequent moments of humor you use throughout this piece.

The hospital scene is well-paced and satisfying, the banter over the meal tray being a perfect example. There are so many good bits in there-the judge pondering how someone he sent to prison could possibly reach a level of commitment to him that doesn't hesitate even when there is the threat of death, and Mark feeling compelled (against his better judgment) to say that he does indeed what to stay at the estate. But my personal favorite moment is Hardcastle admitting, with unexpected insight, that the theft of his files (and everything else that wasn't nailed down at the estate) wasn't entirely Mark's responsibility. If he hadn't opened the door to his friends, Fish would have found some other way in.

I'm sure I find more things with each rereading, and rereadings there will most certainly be.
owlcroft chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
Well, I could probably write a review about as effusive and ecstatic as any ever seen, but I'm going to try to hold it down so as not to embarrass anybody. This is an utterly fantastic story, with everything anybody could ever want in it; it's extraordinarily well-written, there are tons of call-backs to the series itself (which is always a great touch), the dialogue is _perfect_ with every word nearly audible, everybody involved remains completely "themselves". This is a fantastically good story! (Whoops, sorry, there went the self-control.)

I cannot begin to say how glad I am you've started sharing your stories with us and my only hope is that you're just getting warmed up. You've definitely got the gift, both in the writing itself and the ability to capture our favorite guys. This one was such a treat! Thank you!