Reviews for The Problem with Purity
Renee McGraw chapter 44 . 11/15
in chapter 43 when Hermione says I confirmed it as such but I had meant it as the opposite
.I don't understand what you're trying to say why would she say I meant it as the opposite it's not clear to me what how she saying this I know he thinks that she was settling but how does her explanation say that she wasn't can you clarify this for me thank you
TimeyWimeyBadWolf chapter 62 . 11/12
It is with fond sadness that I finish this story. It's been a pleasure to read it! Thanks for writing.
LissaDream chapter 1 . 11/9
Brilliant. Truly unique and utterly creative. I had to put my phone down and walk away when you connected Hermione to Salazar Slytherin through s female squib line. I was so blown away. The MindSpeech and unicorns. The lycanthropy cure. HOW they were cured. The wards. I just...wow. Brava!
MrsGruff17 chapter 31 . 11/7
MrsGruff17 chapter 18 . 11/3
Zaa7
MrsGruff17 chapter 6 . 11/3
im
LostAngelSoul chapter 62 . 10/31
A beautiful adventure that had me laughing, crying, and getting warm fuzzy feelings. It had both my favourite pairings and plenty of witty repartee, as well as a better lead-up and final confrontation than the deathly hallows (in my opinion anyway!)
Well thought-out and well written. Thank you for sharing 3

L x
WeirdLittleStories chapter 36 . 10/23
I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. There's NO WAY Hermione could still be in love with Snape at this point. Even in abusive relationships, the abuser gives the victim a honeymoon period after every episode of abuse, so that she has something to stay for, whereas Snape is giving Hermione every reason to hate him until the end of time.

This story started out so very well, and you can really write, but it's just too emotionally false, too psychologically inauthentic, too ridiculously unreal to be borne.
Kuchiki Kay chapter 62 . 10/23
Wow!
First I must apologise for not reviewing each chapter but I can loudly declare that it wasn't my fault. Your ( ) writing skills is just too good. So you're to blame .
One of the best written fanfic I've ever read. Attention to detail, drama, angst, comedy, romance, action, fantasy and any other I left out is all in this story.
When I wake in the morning read, throughout the day, between breaks at work, in the bus from work, at home, whilst in bed, fall asleep reading.
Very detailed and attention grabbing.
Must read story for SS/HG fans
WeirdLittleStories chapter 31 . 10/23
I can't believe that she'd reveal their shared secret to Ron without even DISCUSSING it with Harry! Or are you writing the story of how Hermione becomes the next Dark Lord - or Dark Lady, I suppose - as she manipulates more and more people and makes more and more decisions unilaterally? Geeze.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 27 . 10/23
Hermione is acting more and more like a victim of domestic violence - making excuses for her abuse and claiming to "love" her abuser. The emotional abuse is acute, and Crucio just makes it all the clearer that Snape isn't just a man who's a little rough around the edges; he's actively abusing Hermione.

This story isn't romance, it's a blueprint for how to become a battered woman ... and I say that as a practitioner of BDSM, who thoroughly understands the difference between consensual play and abuse.

I REALLY hope that whatever relationship you have in real life is nothing like the one you portray in this story, and if it is, I hope that you will contact The National Domestic Violence Hotline. No one deserves to be abused.
WeirdLittleStories chapter 15 . 10/22
You seem to believe that once a person has fallen in love, they can't fall OUT of love if their partner behaves badly. Sure, Snape is intelligent and brave, but he's being so terribly unfair and so horrible to Hermione that I'm shocked that you believe her to still be in love with him.

Of course WE know that he's just jealous, but in spite of her emotional intelligence in other situations, she seems not to know this. I hope that no one puts up with physical or emotional abuse from a partner, but Snape HAS been both physically and emotionally abusive to Hermione. Of course, they aren't partners yet, but I think it's a bad example to young women for her to still be in love with him at this point!
WeirdLittleStories chapter 11 . 10/22
I loved this chapter, from their saying that they wanted to put "eternally vigilant" on their auror applications to Hermione's giving a lot of thought and effort to a cure for lycanthropy. Very nicely done!
WeirdLittleStories chapter 5 . 10/22
Building up a tolerance to Veritaserum is a brilliant idea! I love it when someone writes Hermione who's actually as smart as Hermione; the story generally works much better. :-)
WeirdLittleStories chapter 2 . 10/21
Interesting idea for a story!
5,066 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »