Reviews for The Problem with Purity
THIS IS ALL CRAP!
WRITE BETTER FICS!
I AM PISSED!
Neil before Sod chapter 1 . 9/14
ignore any positive reviews guys.
this is fanfiction at it's very worst.
Farron Black chapter 46 . 9/13
Draco's a cunt, Shape's just plain nasty & writer's using this to justify an anti-woman manifesto of hatred
cithara chapter 62 . 9/13
Reason this has garnered so much hate is because it's been flagged on many webpages for all the misogyny it contains.
Author quit this site as they had been called out for it and spammed with messages here, plus on social media.
MrsMorbid chapter 1 . 9/12
I dont know if you ever thought of this but. The novel war and peace has 587,287 words. You wrote a story longer than one of the most famous "long books" lmao sorry it made me giggle a bit. Great story 3
ameecee chapter 1 . 9/11
I don't get all the hatred towards this story.
Sure it has it's own faults, but there are far worse out there.

I like the way you wrote it, all the effort you put into it is just amazing. To write a story this long really takes time and effort, so I really admire you for it.
Also the ideas in it are quite original. I liked all the reasoning around purity, loved the centaurs and Fawkes as well. The depiction of Slytherins was really good too. Albus was perfect, typically all the side characters were spot on.

What I think would need editing is the romance part between Severus and Hermione. Severus seems extremely unsure of himself, and Hermione is just kinda too much and too perfect. I daresay that Snape abuses Hermione, he casts Crucio on her, throws her out several times, gives her detention despite agreeing to not doing so, tries to attack her, just because he is jealous. He is the kind of boyfriend that you want to ensure there is a restraining order against. And then it changes suddenly after they talk about Hermione's feelings, and he is rendered to be a teenager with full of stupid misunderstandings. I do not see this relationship working in the future, or even to develop somewhere. They will be fighting all the time, because they are not open with each other, and after a while it can be really tiresome and will just kill all the feelings for each other.

Harry was similar to Hermione, a little too much, a little too perfect, and just not himself.

Other than these things, it was an amazing work. I hope that all these negative comments does not discourage you, I'm sure that it is one little angry troll under a few different names and with the same bad grammar.
Thank you for sharing your story with us!
fuckeverythings chapter 62 . 8/29
Appalling work. Reading it took almost a whole week out of my life because I was so deluded to think it would get better; it didn't. Very nauseating ideas which we've seen elsewhere and the way you wrote this shit made me really feel sick to what was going on, which I hated because it happens rarely. Can't say nothing much but: fuck you for writing it, you said little person
Wussel Tampon chapter 3 . 8/29
Oh just fuck off!
rockeverthings chapter 62 . 8/29
Amazing work. Reading it took almost a whole week out of my life because I was so devoted to not stopping; almost forgot to file for university. Very interesting ideas which I've never seen anywhere else and the way you wrote about events made me really feel everything that was going on, which I loved because it happens rarely. Can't say nothing much but: thank you for writing it, you are a great author.
Simon Mountney chapter 17 . 8/22
How can a story this fucking sinister be labeled romance? Author has obviously got serious issues.
devil's paperboy chapter 31 . 8/20
so okay i see this get loads of praise across social medias an think okay to try. big mistake. it try to draw u in but abusive aspects leave u cold to your soul. really bad an confusing plot turns make it worse
Deatheaters-Anonymous chapter 62 . 8/14
My first Hermione/Severus fic and I LOVED IT. Not sure how to follow it up with another one without being disappointed hahah
Art of bore chapter 19 . 8/10
Fuck this is self serving pervy shit! Worst long hp fic I've had misfortune to stumble across
The Question chapter 62 . 7/22
Quora website had a field day disparaging this story! Here's a snippet:
Most people love to ship x with Draco Malfoy mostly due to Tom Felton, thinking he's the charming actor but without the evilness and bullying. For some reason, many attributes that never surface, not spoken about, basically not present are attributed to him!

Who wouldn't you want to ship their character with an attractive blonde Slytherin guy? And just like fangirls are all over the 'badboyness' of Draco (because nobody can resist the wretched cliché of being 'the one who can turn a badboy good'), they are just as quick to ignore his evil & even downright murderous behavior! It's beyond all sense.
fantasyfr3ak chapter 16 . 7/24
I am loving your story so far, and I look forward to the direction you're taking it in, however I wanted to point out that Pansy Parkinson is not blonde.. that's all!
5,450 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »