Reviews for The Problem with Purity
Vukk chapter 3 . 10/19/2015
I am just re-reading this, so you will likely not even see this, but I glanced at what you said at the end about where the apostrophe goes. I see what you were thinking, but it isn't the 'Marauders' Map', but the 'Marauder's Map. The map belongs to the Marauders, and not each individual Marauder. As the possession is to one thing (the group) JKR has it right. It is the same as 'The Book Club's meeting room', or 'The Book Clubs' meeting room'. If there were two different groups of Marauders who used the map, you would be correct. Just as if their were two book clubs using the meeting room, it would then be correct.
Aschenbroedel chapter 1 . 10/9/2015
So, you already know I love you story, let me use these reviews to list reasons why.

1. You created an OC and in less than 2k words, and yet I have a very clear picture of what he is like and also what he probably looks like even though you didn't waste time describing his hair colour or anything like that. (I think it's brown by the way, though it's turning grey. It's also very neat and he meticulously shaves his beard every morning.)
capcalawrence chapter 62 . 9/29/2015
LOVED this story!
natysc chapter 1 . 9/26/2015
You killed the HGxSS in this story. She was like those abused women in relationships; always trying to find excuses for their constant abuse, even blaming themselves for it; accepting whatever scrap of attention like it was the most amazing thing in the world, making them forget all that happened before; giving everything of themselves and receiving nothing in response; always putting up with his moods and trying to placate them; giving million chances hoping that he will change; really having no self-respect... And in this case not having any reason to love him, because "he's my mate" can only take you so far before it gets imposible to go on. There was no affection, respect, trust or something to justify her wanting his company because it never ended well. And then out of nowhere they were together because they cleared some misunderstanding ? Just no.
Homer Dorton chapter 62 . 9/26/2015
It has been a few years since I last posted a "Thank You" for your marvelous writing! I just finished another reread and felt I had to at least say hello again. I hope that this missive finds you in good health and fortune. Best Regards, Homer Dorton
wine witch chapter 62 . 9/24/2015
This is a very interesting and multifaceted story; I like many of your ideas, especially the unicorn animagus form. One critical point: in my opinion the more than flawless and hyper-capable heroine is a bit overdone, and it is not really credible that she succeeds in everything.
Ren's Mistress chapter 31 . 9/14/2015
cc
Bentears chapter 62 . 9/13/2015
Wow what a story!
Djomar chapter 62 . 9/12/2015
Truly amazing story! It was riveting, and so smart and wonderful, in essence just magical. I loved powerful Harry and Hermione, this is the aspect that was missing in Rouling's books. Although not my prefered pairings, I loved even that romantic side of the story. This is probably my favourite story of all times, and I've read a lot of them, thousands in fact.
Once again, truly amazing piece of fiction.
By the way, I'm from Serbia and Montenegro :-)
Taco Belle 28 chapter 41 . 9/9/2015
Hello! I wasn't actually going to review until I had finished the story, but something's come up and I feel I should mention it.

First, allow me to tell you just how much I LOVE this story. You've written it SO well, and I can see all the work, sweat and love that went into it. You've written a piece of fiction that is very realistic and true to the characters (Never mind the fact that Draco/Harry always seems a little far-fetched to me, no matter how much I love the pairing.). I've simply PLOWED through these first 40 chapters. It's fabulous and it is definitely on my list of best HP fanfiction EVER written.

Now, the only thing that I don't like with this story is how dragged out it feels. Two things. One: I realize that Severus will be Severus, but GURL, I'm dying here! Give me just a little fluff. Just a "Mr. Darcy helps her into the carriage, his hand briefly touching hers". With all this angst and hate between the two, just a few lines of fluff can really help the reader feel some relief, even if you go RIGHT back to mean Severus less than 7 lines after. Second: ENOUGH WITH THE WERESBANE! The first time, with Draco and Remus, explaining all the details was okay, tedious and slightly annoying, but it was honestly okay. The second time with the 10, my frustration with freaking UNNECESSARY details (who the fuck cares about their names and what they do. (besides that one girl that Ron talks to, that was okay)) grows until I'm nearly exploding. *sigh* With this third group... *heavy sigh* I'm over it. I'm done. I'm taking a break from reading the story because there's just so much stupid, unnecessary information to sludge through. I'm SO tired of it. I really don't care to hear the EXACT process for the fifteenth time! If you were to just gloss over it or something, then that would be more manageable.

Whoo! Well, that's it! But I really do like this story. I'm very excited to read more. When I recover from all the details that I didn't want to have repeated to me THREE times. ;) Keep writing and never stop!
shannonjadedeca chapter 50 . 9/8/2015
xD
shannonjadedeca chapter 50 . 9/8/2015
xD
GeorgeTobor chapter 62 . 8/31/2015
H/D ...
I thought it might mean Harry and Daphne
Somehow I missed the pic that said Harry/Draco...
I think this is the only time IMPORTANT information has been in the pic.
Hermione paired with Snape i but Harry and Draco?
It is an insane match!
And what I really don't like is the summary and tags do not show it clearly!

Rant over.
The premise seems good, Hermione as a unicorn is nice.
IT'S COMPLETE!
Big huge congratulations for that!

But I read six chapters before clueing in that it was a slash fic!
Improve your summary!

As best I can tell you write stories way, way, way better than you wrote the summary.
KeepCalmLoveSeverus chapter 24 . 8/25/2015
ONE OF THESE FUCKING DAYS THEY'LL STOP HAVING MISUNDERSTANDINGS AND LEARN TO COMMUNICATE GODDAMMIT.

I've read this before and I think that every time I read this story. Fucking Snape man.
Em chapter 62 . 8/23/2015
I just read this whole thing in two days. The epilogue with Andrew has officially killed me, he is the best. (The rest was a very enjoyable read too!)
4,873 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »