Reviews for The Problem with Purity
Jessica G chapter 41 . 3/7/2015
I'm only now reading this fic. I think it's wonderful, by the way. I noticed in the Author's Notes that you didn't think anyone had wondered whether you used the actual moon phases, but I was actually wondering such for a few chapters now. Thank you for the hard work and accuracy!
aknight86 chapter 5 . 3/6/2015
Wonderful story so far. And you have footnotes. I love footnotes. I know I'm weird.
jane.janedoe chapter 21 . 3/5/2015
This is very frustrating to read. Your dialogue - with all characters EXCEPT Severus - is very involved. Seriously, "engage her in a decent conversation"?
lisacakes16 chapter 62 . 2/28/2015
i really loved reading this story, but for the longest time it felt like it was only going to be about how many times Draco and Harry shagged! in some ways i love the pacing of the story and in other ways i wished it was faster, especially when it came down to the exams and the final battle. but again i really did enjoy reading this.
WinterIllios chapter 62 . 2/20/2015
I would like to take a moment to say that I have spent a good number of hours this week in reading the story you wrote. It has made me laugh smile and cry but it has been a delight to read.
Guest chapter 62 . 2/14/2015
lololol
loved your story (or at least most parts) and absolutely loved the ending
a very interesting concept, and i love how Harry and Hermione are so close and so equal and compatible with each other without being lovers. very few stories actually have that
i wrinkled my nose at so much sex plus so many graphic scenes plus so much slash, but i skipped those parts and you rated your story M so I can't complain too much i guess. just wish there was less of all that involved
thanks
Wordspider chapter 3 . 2/13/2015
Interesting concept and love the dialogue for the cover story.
Guest chapter 62 . 1/29/2015
Can I just say WOW! Your story is absolutely beautiful! The characters, the relationships, the Pure Adult idea, the way you played with the wards, the lycanthropy cure, the animagus transformations... it was all amazing! Easily one of the best Harry Potter fanfics ever written! You are incredibly talented and I hope you continue to write because you have a true gift :)
Guest chapter 10 . 1/24/2015
Oh man, this story kills me every time I read it. The way you write the relationship between Harry and Draco, and between Hermione and Severus is just perfect, but at the same time, Harry and Hermione are just SO compatible and cute and also perfect and a part of me can't help but hope each and every time that maybe they'll end up together. But alas, much like the Dramione epic "Broken", the wonderful Harry/Hermione relationship will never progress past friendship (though Broken ALMOST satisfied my craving)
DrappleShipper394 chapter 6 . 1/23/2015
"It was impossible to apparate, portkey, floo, or fly a broom anywhere in the forest." I don't think that's right. I'm pretty sure Harry flew his broom over the forbidden forest in fourth year. Maybe he flew his broom somewhere else on the Hogwarts grounds? But I'm pretty sure it was the forest and that's where he saw Barty Crouch doing something weird or something like that.

Anyways LOVE the story! Your writing is so detailed and I love when people speculate things about the wizarding world that aren't canon like the Masking thing and the stuff about wizards being ultra-sexual and hormonal when they're coming of age and all that. And I SO appreciate your wonderful spelling and grammar and ugh oh my gosh I just love this story!
Shadow Hunt chapter 33 . 1/11/2015
It's so godly annoying how overpowered and nearly perfect Hermione is in your story. Friends with rare magical creatures, answers for all of their problems before they're actually problems, and a vast amount of magical power even before her "awakening"- on top of her seemingly endless magical knowledge. This all would be okay if she had some sort of character flaw, but she doesn't. Her anger has been righteous and her sadness called for. She can handle every situation with maturity beyond her years that compares, somehow, strongly to her professors' and even Headmaster's? Ridiculous.

I realize some of that is canon-Hermione but even you must realize how dramatically you have enhanced those features and made her usual neagtives obsolete. Still, I love Snape in this stpry so I shall read on.
toomanyfandoms98 chapter 62 . 1/11/2015
I absolutely love this story! Its brilliantly written and has one of the most spectacular story lines I've ever heard of. I'm incredibly happy that I found it. This story has been an inspiration to me, and I'm sure that I will be reading it again sometime.
Shadow Hunt chapter 6 . 1/9/2015
Too lazy to log in on my mobile, but that's my actual username.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I love your writing style so far. The natural and relaxed friendship you have written Harry and Hermione's relationship is quite refreshing! Regardless, I'm starting to fear that you're making Hermione too over powered, especially the whole unicorn idea. As it is, I haven't found one character flaw in your version of her and, no matter how lovely you write it, it's still dreadfully unrealistic. I'm dearly hoping that changes in then coming chapters. Can't wait to continue reading!
Guest chapter 31 . 1/6/2015
You know i never thought i could hate snape so much for his behavior ever in any fanfiction . But here i am trying to tell myself that this character is a favorite of mine and hermione and severus will finally make it together yet i can not help wishing something better for hermione severous is just way too bitter.
Emily chapter 62 . 1/6/2015
Let me just say that I have read this story a couple times and absolutely adore it. I love that you made Hermione into the brilliant, strong, gifted, and compassionate person I imagine her to be in my own imagination. Fawkes, Masking, all the brewing, the wards, and the concept of Purity were truly inspired. I also enjoyed the way you came full circle in the epilogue. My only criticism is the length ( I think it gets a little slow in the middle), but otherwise I say well done! You should be proud of your accomplishment!
4,748 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »