Reviews for The Problem with Purity
What Happens When I Do THIS chapter 62 . 7/7
Thank you for an amazing story. It's one of the most utterly engrossing pieces I've read, and as a voracious reader, that is as high a compliment I can give regarding level of mental investment.
I love the "technical" details about the wards and Weresbane potion. Draco's rescue and the werewolf plot was my favorite subplot, because it was so wonderfully kind, yet skills-based, and had technical overtures of testing, adjusting, and monitoring.
Severus' cruelty and ungraciousness was actively painful to read about, so excellent work there. Hermione seemed to be angelically forgiving and peace-making in contrast, and my heart hurt in sympathy. At that point, I had the impression that Severus was quite a heartless scumbag who in all fairness should have suffered more. But Hermione was finally happy when they started having happy sex, so that was wonderful. "Happy sex" is a fine phrase, by the way.
I'm very glad you connected Hermione's mysterious pre-bought present to the cufflinks, eventually.
Starting and ending with Andrew was very clean and humorous. I love that his dedication to organizational systems helped save the world, and I hope he's very happy.
I really enjoyed the flashes of humorous wording that appeared occasionally. I personally prefer more frequency, but that's just style preference.
I was occasionally lost when dialogue was too Slytherin/had too many hidden meanings. The 'Head Girl?' 'Head Boy.' tripped me up, and the author's note clarification you added was great to have.
The powerful friendship between Harry and Hermione was amazing. I loved their plan to live together with a bunch of cats because they both loved inaccessible people.
Overall, an extremely well-executed, well-edited story. Congratulations for finishing it so well, and thank you for sharing.
Nink chapter 46 . 7/3
FINALLY OH MY GOD! I swear to god I was about to throw a fucking book at them!
BourbonGirl chapter 62 . 6/20
Hello Hello !

I absolutely love your story ! It's quite long and it took me about 2/3 weeks to read it but it is sooooo worth it !
The characters are amazingly written, the plot unfolds really smoothly and so forth and so on
The thing I loved the most about it is how powerful Harry and Hermione are, and not only because of the pure adult thing, but mostly because they train hard af because there is a f*cking war. It's quite refreshing to see it this way !
I also loved Hermione eagerness to learn new things and to do new things ! It even motivated me to be productive !

So thank you very much for writing this story and sharing it with us,
Have a nice day,

BourbonGirl

(I don't know if you are still active here but I wanted to say this anyway)
(And it's quite long, but I could write all day about how amazing this story is)
GerKayM chapter 62 . 6/19
I can't believe I've finished reading this story already! I am so happy I found this piece, as it is one of the best HG/SS fics I have ever read! Above all, I love how true to the characters you were! You are an amazing writer!
GerKayM chapter 51 . 6/16
This is now day four of my almost non-stop reading! I haven't spent this long on a completed story in ages! I am going to be incredibly sad when I've finished it :( You are an amazing writer!
Maria chapter 62 . 6/16
This was the best fic I've ever read. Thank you so much for this experience!
TheTwilightHeart chapter 62 . 6/15
First, I must say, that this is by far one of the most intriguing, captivating, beautiful, painful, enthralling, and exquisite stories I have ever had the chance to read in the entirety of my life. At first I was simply looking for something to pass the time, something that I could read when nothing else caught my attention. But no, I was sucked in from the beginning. I admit, anout halfway through, I got frustrated with the pace of the story and put it down, vowing to finish it eventually, understanding that I probably never would. And yet, within the few days that passed where I ceased reading, this wonderful art kept tugging at my mind, pulling me back and I found myself once more drawn in. I began reading it almost obsessively. I shed many a tear as my heart got swept up into it. This version, this Hermione, this Severus, this Draco and Harry and everyone else... by the gods, they were as real to me as my family, as my own son. I felt the pain, the love, the triumph, the loss-all of it. My sweet dear, this is pure and uninterrupted talent. This was the best adventure I've ever been on. The work you put into this amazes me with each chapter. I hate how limited i am in expressing how much this truly affected me. I read it obsessively, often forgetting to eat or sleep. Thank you. The detail, the feeling, the exactness of everything is wittled down into perfection. I am in awe of you and this story.

I finished it maybe an hour ago and have been struggling with what to do. I've been reading it so long, thinking about it for so long that the ending is oh, so bittersweet. This was amazing. Is amazing. Will continue to forever be amazing. Your prowess and talent as a writer is just... indescribable. Thank you, my friend. I implore everyone to take part of this journey. It's not possible to regret reading this. Astounding.

-Z
Captain Cheese chapter 62 . 6/14
I loved this so much, every bit. Thank you 3
GerKayM chapter 30 . 6/14
I love this story so much! I've been reading almost non-stop for two days now, and I'm not even half way through! I'm having a hard time concentrating on anything other than this fanfic, but the fact that my eyes hurt from reading for so long is helping me pace myself XD
GerKayM chapter 10 . 6/14
I am in love! Usually when I find a good fanfic, I sit down and read it until I am finished, but not with this story! I've been reading almost non-stop for the past 2 days, and I'm only on chapter 10! I love that I still have so much to go!
dracoisforever chapter 62 . 6/13
Best. Story. Ever.
TheEdgeOfTheDeepGreenSea chapter 62 . 6/13
Lovely fic!
DangerousNightmare chapter 62 . 6/11
I loved reading your story, even though it has been years since you finished it. It made me laugh, cry, angry, and happy, which made it hard to finish this last chapter; I never wanted it to end. Thank you for creating such a unique story, I hope to one day craft a story as beautifully as you have. Consider myself inspired!
DangerousNightmare chapter 21 . 6/10
Just now reading this story, I love it so far!
Mistress Shelbie chapter 62 . 6/1
love, love, love. im not sure what to do with myself now.
5,014 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »