Reviews for The Problem with Purity
Oh man, this story kills me every time I read it. The way you write the relationship between Harry and Draco, and between Hermione and Severus is just perfect, but at the same time, Harry and Hermione are just SO compatible and cute and also perfect and a part of me can't help but hope each and every time that maybe they'll end up together. But alas, much like the Dramione epic "Broken", the wonderful Harry/Hermione relationship will never progress past friendship (though Broken ALMOST satisfied my craving)
DrappleShipper394 chapter 6 . 1/23
"It was impossible to apparate, portkey, floo, or fly a broom anywhere in the forest." I don't think that's right. I'm pretty sure Harry flew his broom over the forbidden forest in fourth year. Maybe he flew his broom somewhere else on the Hogwarts grounds? But I'm pretty sure it was the forest and that's where he saw Barty Crouch doing something weird or something like that.

Anyways LOVE the story! Your writing is so detailed and I love when people speculate things about the wizarding world that aren't canon like the Masking thing and the stuff about wizards being ultra-sexual and hormonal when they're coming of age and all that. And I SO appreciate your wonderful spelling and grammar and ugh oh my gosh I just love this story!
Shadow Hunt chapter 33 . 1/11
It's so godly annoying how overpowered and nearly perfect Hermione is in your story. Friends with rare magical creatures, answers for all of their problems before they're actually problems, and a vast amount of magical power even before her "awakening"- on top of her seemingly endless magical knowledge. This all would be okay if she had some sort of character flaw, but she doesn't. Her anger has been righteous and her sadness called for. She can handle every situation with maturity beyond her years that compares, somehow, strongly to her professors' and even Headmaster's? Ridiculous.

I realize some of that is canon-Hermione but even you must realize how dramatically you have enhanced those features and made her usual neagtives obsolete. Still, I love Snape in this stpry so I shall read on.
toomanyfandoms98 chapter 62 . 1/11
I absolutely love this story! Its brilliantly written and has one of the most spectacular story lines I've ever heard of. I'm incredibly happy that I found it. This story has been an inspiration to me, and I'm sure that I will be reading it again sometime.
Shadow Hunt chapter 6 . 1/9
Too lazy to log in on my mobile, but that's my actual username.

Anyways, I just wanted to say that I love your writing style so far. The natural and relaxed friendship you have written Harry and Hermione's relationship is quite refreshing! Regardless, I'm starting to fear that you're making Hermione too over powered, especially the whole unicorn idea. As it is, I haven't found one character flaw in your version of her and, no matter how lovely you write it, it's still dreadfully unrealistic. I'm dearly hoping that changes in then coming chapters. Can't wait to continue reading!
You know i never thought i could hate snape so much for his behavior ever in any fanfiction . But here i am trying to tell myself that this character is a favorite of mine and hermione and severus will finally make it together yet i can not help wishing something better for hermione severous is just way too bitter.
Emily chapter 62 . 1/6
Let me just say that I have read this story a couple times and absolutely adore it. I love that you made Hermione into the brilliant, strong, gifted, and compassionate person I imagine her to be in my own imagination. Fawkes, Masking, all the brewing, the wards, and the concept of Purity were truly inspired. I also enjoyed the way you came full circle in the epilogue. My only criticism is the length ( I think it gets a little slow in the middle), but otherwise I say well done! You should be proud of your accomplishment!
McPastey chapter 62 . 1/5
I have read your story at least three times and I just needed to tell you that you are a wonderful writer. This is by far my favorite story and by far the best beginning and end to any story that I have read. Thank you!
katrinadistaster chapter 62 . 1/4
Have I ever mentioned how much I would love to read this story from Severus' point of view? Ive read this so many times, but never reviewed. Just wanted to say. This was a great work of art, and it definitely stands out in my mind. I find the relationship between Hermione and Severus very believable and realistic, and Draco and Harry always was one of my favorite ships. :)
AlderaanGaming chapter 62 . 12/30/2014
What a lovely story! I binge read this over Christmas break and I really just can't help but love this! The only problem being that if you had managed another 400,000 more words that you could have beaten JK's word count for the entire Potter series. LOL. As someone who participated in NaNoWriMo this year... I am truly impressed by how great your first few chapters were. I'm sure that heavy editing was involved, but I felt like my work was so rushed... Anyway... It's not often that you find a fan fiction that makes you wish that it was cannon, and I must say that you succeeded in fully wrapping me up in this story in that manner. The love story and the addition of Solace and the final battle... just sublime. Thank you for writing this. Happy New Year.
lisa.francis.96780 chapter 62 . 12/29/2014
An excellent story! Gratifyingly long. Didn't drag at all and almost totally satisfying. The only thing that would have made it better was if we got to see baby Snape's. And maybe even baby Potter-Malfoys. But non the less still great. Thanks from Muskogee, Oklahoma for sharing this tale with us.
darkmagicmaster91 chapter 2 . 12/28/2014
I loved every bit of this chapter. very well written! I can't wait to read more
Eva Foster chapter 62 . 12/28/2014
There's not much to say, other than how interesting and incredible this story had turned out to be. My relatives had complained for the past few weeks because of the lack of attention that was given to them and - not to mention - the lack of sleep. But what could I say? I was enthralled, really.

So thank you for writing, you had made life all the more better for me and 'magical,' if I do say so myself. ;)
rowanlyn-mirrim chapter 8 . 12/23/2014
Okay, I have read this far (chapter 7) and I have to say while your writing quality is quite good (surprisingly so all told), I am beginning to believe you are actually a 12 year old.

You have Mary-Sued the hell out of Hermione. I mean you have made her far and away more powerful then Harry (she was always a genius, but Harry was always more powerful, that was the balance between the two). She thinks Harry is an idiotic baboon with no brain of his own (he isn't competent to take the veritiseram himself even if she calculates the dose, she drugs him and its okay because he is Harry and she knows best, she doesn't allow him to make decisions on whether or not to have silencing charms up).

She is developing a close adult relationship with a teacher, but Harry is so childlike he isn't even talking to the person he likes (and may I just say, ewww on the Draco thing, I have seen it done well, but so far you haven't redeemed Draco beyond having him be polite to Hermione...once).

She is such a special snowflake that she has a UNICORN animagus form, has a special telepathic bond with Fawkes, (and is personally every bit as powerful as Harry), when he doesn't any such relationships or abilities. And despite the hurt she KNOWS Harry is experiencing over failing something that would make him closer to his father, she has neglected to tell him why, and that he should try it again, after she figured it out. In plot time it is now November, when you had her figure it out in early September almost two months of her neglecting to bring it up.

In short she is acting like a stuck-up brat, who is (or thinks she is at least) practically perfect, and you have made Harry into a magically powerful buffoon without a brain of his own. When there was quite a bit of evidence in canon that he was really quite bright (he took 7 Owls one O, five E's, and one A and that was I believe in the History the class the vision interrupted) and is very perceptive, not to Hermione's level of intelligence true, but then he didn't put as much work into it ether.

As I said at the beginning the is actually fairly well written, that is part of why I am still reading a chapter 7, but if this isn't resolved with in the next few chapters... I think you will lose this reader.
lilacsandlostlovers chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
okay, so can i just say that i am a massive fan of this fic? plot holes and all. my only real issue with it is how intersex/nonbinary and asexual people are ignored? i just don't think it would make very much sense if every wixen's libido was enhanced, because some people don't have them at all.
that out of the way, i absolutely adore this fic. :) thank you.
4,605 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »