Reviews for The Problem with Purity
AlderaanGaming chapter 62 . 12/30/2014
What a lovely story! I binge read this over Christmas break and I really just can't help but love this! The only problem being that if you had managed another 400,000 more words that you could have beaten JK's word count for the entire Potter series. LOL. As someone who participated in NaNoWriMo this year... I am truly impressed by how great your first few chapters were. I'm sure that heavy editing was involved, but I felt like my work was so rushed... Anyway... It's not often that you find a fan fiction that makes you wish that it was cannon, and I must say that you succeeded in fully wrapping me up in this story in that manner. The love story and the addition of Solace and the final battle... just sublime. Thank you for writing this. Happy New Year.
lisa.francis.96780 chapter 62 . 12/29/2014
An excellent story! Gratifyingly long. Didn't drag at all and almost totally satisfying. The only thing that would have made it better was if we got to see baby Snape's. And maybe even baby Potter-Malfoys. But non the less still great. Thanks from Muskogee, Oklahoma for sharing this tale with us.
darkmagicmaster91 chapter 2 . 12/28/2014
I loved every bit of this chapter. very well written! I can't wait to read more
Eva Foster chapter 62 . 12/28/2014
There's not much to say, other than how interesting and incredible this story had turned out to be. My relatives had complained for the past few weeks because of the lack of attention that was given to them and - not to mention - the lack of sleep. But what could I say? I was enthralled, really.

So thank you for writing, you had made life all the more better for me and 'magical,' if I do say so myself. ;)
rowanlyn-mirrim chapter 8 . 12/23/2014
Okay, I have read this far (chapter 7) and I have to say while your writing quality is quite good (surprisingly so all told), I am beginning to believe you are actually a 12 year old.

You have Mary-Sued the hell out of Hermione. I mean you have made her far and away more powerful then Harry (she was always a genius, but Harry was always more powerful, that was the balance between the two). She thinks Harry is an idiotic baboon with no brain of his own (he isn't competent to take the veritiseram himself even if she calculates the dose, she drugs him and its okay because he is Harry and she knows best, she doesn't allow him to make decisions on whether or not to have silencing charms up).

She is developing a close adult relationship with a teacher, but Harry is so childlike he isn't even talking to the person he likes (and may I just say, ewww on the Draco thing, I have seen it done well, but so far you haven't redeemed Draco beyond having him be polite to Hermione...once).

She is such a special snowflake that she has a UNICORN animagus form, has a special telepathic bond with Fawkes, (and is personally every bit as powerful as Harry), when he doesn't any such relationships or abilities. And despite the hurt she KNOWS Harry is experiencing over failing something that would make him closer to his father, she has neglected to tell him why, and that he should try it again, after she figured it out. In plot time it is now November, when you had her figure it out in early September almost two months of her neglecting to bring it up.

In short she is acting like a stuck-up brat, who is (or thinks she is at least) practically perfect, and you have made Harry into a magically powerful buffoon without a brain of his own. When there was quite a bit of evidence in canon that he was really quite bright (he took 7 Owls one O, five E's, and one A and that was I believe in the History the class the vision interrupted) and is very perceptive, not to Hermione's level of intelligence true, but then he didn't put as much work into it ether.

As I said at the beginning the is actually fairly well written, that is part of why I am still reading a chapter 7, but if this isn't resolved with in the next few chapters... I think you will lose this reader.
lilacsandlostlovers chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
okay, so can i just say that i am a massive fan of this fic? plot holes and all. my only real issue with it is how intersex/nonbinary and asexual people are ignored? i just don't think it would make very much sense if every wixen's libido was enhanced, because some people don't have them at all.
that out of the way, i absolutely adore this fic. :) thank you.
thompsja chapter 12 . 12/17/2014
I realize that this was written about 7 years ago, but I'm stopping here. You have Draco casting one of the three verboten spells in the world, one he should never cast unless he can absolutely get away with it.

You also haven't provided any reason for Hermione to cover for Draco. You don't have the adults cast prior incanteum on Draco's wand. It's just not believable.
Blue night fairy chapter 62 . 11/26/2014
An amazing story! Words can not describe how wonderful and beautiful this story is. It has been an enjoyable read and every chapter kept me wanting to read on. Their was never a dull moment.

I really like how Severus and Hermione relationship grew slowly and it's a believable development. I like how you didn't disregard Lily role in being Severus former love and the reason why he is motivated to fight, then that reason slowly changed to wanting to care for, then love Hermione.

So this story is one of a kind and worth the read. I would of really liked a bonus chapter from Hermione's point of view of the wedding and honey moon.
That would make a nice one shot or a few chapters on happens next.

You write so detailed and well that it would have been interesting even if their was no longer any danger from the death eaters anymore.

So I loved this story and I would love to read more stories you write about Hermione and Severus!
serenityselena chapter 62 . 11/25/2014
fantastic story...
couldn't stop reading it...
love it :)
XxTaintedxDaggerxX chapter 62 . 11/17/2014
Loved this story! Beautiful work!
Guest chapter 62 . 11/12/2014
Really enjoyed your story! :-)
Capricious-me chapter 62 . 11/11/2014
What a captivating fic! It drew me in right away and I hardly did anything other than read or sleep until I'd finished if all. The depth or character development, relationships and thought into the AU made it very enjoyable to read. I'm definitely suggesting this fic to anyone who will listen.

It still surprises me how stupid people as intelligent as Hermione and Severus could be about each other's feelings, but in part that made it captivating to read. The idea of pure adults seemed crazy at first but the more I read the more I was pulled in. Harry/Draco fics aren't usually my thing but you made their relationship seem completely plausible and incredibly beautiful.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful words. It was a pleasure to read.
molbymagic chapter 62 . 11/11/2014
Wow, this was by far my favourite ever Harry Potter Fanfiction, and I can honestly say I've read a lot of them. I loved the entire story, especially how realistic the characters were, and gay Harry was (in my opinion at least) a significant improvement! Well done, this story was incredible, and even though it'll probably take me another age to reread it, I will happily do so multiple times - it was well worth 62 chapters ;) I'm an English reviewer, but read this in Germany, so if you haven't already ticked Germany off, you can now!
Xx.Kari.Ry.xX chapter 46 . 11/2/2014
You are the only author I've read who can pull off keeping them apart for 46 freaking chapters without driving me insane so thank you for the amusement and bittersweet torture :)
-Karia
silverdoe.glowchaser chapter 62 . 10/29/2014
I really enjoyed this story had a hard time putting it down . Thank u so much for sharing this with us all
4,596 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »