Reviews for The Problem with Purity
kitiku01 chapter 62 . 8/22
Sorry, got logged out but this gives me another chance to say thanks and more stories please...
I just finished this story, and it was very beautiful. I'm so impressed with the writing and plot, and was sad to see the end. Thank you for sharing this with us. I really hope you'll write more and hopefully a sequel? I would love to read more about Draco, Harry, Severus and of course, Hermione.
G the Headmaster chapter 62 . 8/10
Great! One of the best stories I ever read!
harryginny4life chapter 37 . 8/9
I love how this is from Hermione's point of view almost all the other Hermione/Severus match ups are from his point of view
thtcrazyasian chapter 62 . 8/7
such a good story. I've been juggling school with this and finally finished it. I love it
Almecestris chapter 62 . 7/28
wine witch chapter 8 . 7/18
What a wonderful, thrilling and fascinating story. No use to plan anything for the weekend - I will not be able to stop reading.
jamcreynolds chapter 62 . 7/17
Seriously, the most excellent Severus/Hermione story I've read in forever! I'm not a huge fan of Harry/Draco but love how you made it work in this story. My favorite part was curing the werewolves, especially the childrem, almost broughtme to tears. Summing this fic up? Bravo!
lena1987 chapter 2 . 7/11
I haven't even finished the first chapter, but had to stop and say immediately: this is bloody good. I can see how I'm going to be spending the next few days...
Sherlocked-Mermaid chapter 62 . 7/8
I loved this story, except that I never read really long fanfics this was brilliant... Now I know I'm a bad reader but I dont remember Andrew... OOOPS... Oh well I love Snamione and you have embodied their love hate love relationship
merryXgirl chapter 62 . 7/6
Lovely story. Enjoyed it immensely. Definitely an original plot.

This is from Houston, Texas USA.
Where we don't say howdy, but we do say ya'll.
Anna chapter 1 . 6/17
I found myself, on more than one occasion, needing to stop everything to whisper into the abyss: "wtf?", and every single time they were THE MOST emotionally charged, heartfelt wtfs ever to be uttered. I've read hundreds of fanfiction, both good and bad, and i've never felt so completely harassed, infuriated, and robbed of my time by a story. I was waiting, wanting, pleading, for it to get better. For a while it actually did. I was so excited about how everything was going to turn out. The way Severus and Hermione finally ended up sleeping together was completely bogus but I chose to ignore it. I assured myself "Phoenix Writing says there are completely reasonable explanations to their actions. Just wait it out." So I did. I was skeptical, but I waited. I told myself "Severus acted like a complete tool the morning after but his insecurities have probably gotten his panties in a twist again. They'll work it out soon enough." So I read on, waiting for the resolution, the reprieve, but it came 20 some odd chapters later as a completely ill-thought-out, implausible exchange between the two. The violently malicious, unhealthy way he treats her in between that time, his blatant disregard for her feelings despite his clear "affection" for her, HIS ATTEMPTS ON HER LIFE, are all brushed aside and not explored any further than "Severus is a cantankerous old sod who hasn't known love, so this is completely plausible and excusable behavior." not recognize how uninspired, lazy, and irresponsible that is? The explanation Severus eventually gives to Hermione is also completely laughable, and on the level of what a middle-school child would think reasonable enough to write, and I sit here wondering how it is you have so many rave reviews. Severus CLEARLY acknowledged and enjoyed Hermione's positive responses during their first time but you justify his later cold attitude with "you didn't seem to like it when I touched you." WTF? There are so many glaringly obvious inconsistencies in your writing that are given half-assed horribly written reasons for, and it's insulting to your readers. How in the world did this win any awards? Are you all twelve? Did we read the same story?

User dhasenan echoes my sentiments in a far more sober way than I am able to at the moment, and I feel pressed to share it: "Hermione in this story is an Author's Pet. She can do very little wrong (though this changes slightly in the later chapters). Everything interesting that happens, happens through her. She gets the most special powers. She plays matchmaker and it works every time.

The sheer number of times characters overreact and misunderstand each other strains credulity, as does the patience - or should I say masochism - of Hermione in her relationship troubles."

Please absorb this heartfelt criticism, explore further the intricacies of human interactions and the motivations that realistically justify certain actions, reflect on your negligence as a writer, and try try again.
lavanyalabelle chapter 62 . 6/14
I loved it. Reading it for the umpteenth time.
Fiore chapter 62 . 6/5
It was the longest fanfiction I've ever read and the only piece of literature for me to read in English. I'm so fond of Snamione, especially this exact one, that waiting at least some years to enjoy The Problem with Purity in Russian could kill me. So here I am. Thank you for the opportunity to spend this one-year journey with my favorite characters ever!
darkpoet14 chapter 62 . 6/2
I honestly can't remember if I've left a review for this story before or not so I figured I'd leave one now just to make sure I had. I have lost count of the number of times I have read (and re-read) this fic. At least a few times a year. This story is one of my all-time favorites and I am still always saddened when I reach the end of the epilogue and there is no "next" button to click for another chapter. Thank you so much for gifting is all with this story. It is magnificent.
4,722 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »