Reviews for Closing Doors
JuTJuTJuT chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
AMAZING! You really captured the essence of all these characters. I agree with Jaina, i feel like a lot of Luke's actions prior to and during the whole Second Galactic Civil War were very questionable. For example, him literally standing by and letting Jacen turn to the dark side and doing NOTHING about it...THE EVIDENCE WAS RIGHT IN HIS FACE, I would think a Jedi Master wouldn't be so naive to his surroundings. He seemed to be ignorant to his own philosophies.

Again well done!
pinkpearl89 chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
This was quite an interesting assessment of how things are going in canon, and I really think Jaina's solution was more correct than Luke's to be perfectly honest. I also, really appreciated the way you created an actual confrontation that led to Jaina joining Jag on Bastion. I've been wondering at that for a while now, as it seems to be a conversation that profic wants to skip.

Thanks for sharing, it was a great one-shot :)
millernumber1 chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
Very nicely done, though I'm a bit confused at all the ire directed against Luke. I like the philosophies discussed a lot - wish they'd consider some of this stuff in canon. But instead they're more interested in killing people off than infrastructure development...
gamecheck chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
I think at the beggining of his life as a sith Jacen was doing the right thing and proving that the force dosent choose sides that good and evil comes from us but I dont think he ever truly "fell" I think he made the same choice as REVAN and became a sith as a neccesary action otherwise the galaxy would have been ripped apart by war as mentioned in jacen's vision in "betrayal" but in the end that wich gave him strength became his own undoing wich kind of sucked how he let his own attachements cloud his thinking and he eventually lost his control over the darkside by letting his emotions rule his mind. A sith with proper trainning would never have made those mistakes an example of a proper sith would be Darth Bane but in the end i think jacen redeemed himself to a small degree by letting jaina impale him while he tried to save Tenel Ka and Allana when he could have killed her and ended the fight in a draw (both died)
Xen17 chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
I agree with Lanta about Jaina calling her mother Leia, but other than that great story.
Lanta chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Interesting ficlet here. While I have a few minor criticisms - since when did Jaina call her mother "Leia"? lol - I have to agree with a fair bit of the stuff Jaina said about Jedi training etc. I've wanted to yell at Luke for a while now, reading what's happening to the Jedi in the EU. Not a bad explanation for setting up the not-Jedi group in Legacy either. (I haven't read the comics but I've heard about them - Imperial Knights or something isn't it?)