Reviews for Nothing Without You
Brookebynature chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
I can't believe the alert for this has been in my inbox all this time and I've missed it! Was just doing a quick clear-out, and well, you know how excited I get at seeing your update alerts.

LOVED the line about the poles being installed. So Chuck, and Blair's no less than 10 feet remark, SO Blair even though she had nothing to compare sizes against. You know what I'm going to say: I want more! I'm so greedy.

And this may be a little late but my thoughts are with you :)

Gracie x
princetongirl chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
loved it update soon
Jenn chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSSLY! Josh Schwartz needs to hire you to write for Gossip Girl. Cuz really, isn't this how we could ALL see 1.07 ending! So effing, effing god!

GAH WRITE SOME MORE!

oh yah...you kinda ROCK!
TheMusicLives chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
OH MY EFFING GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY.

I love it. It's perfect!

I couldn't stop reading. Lol. There's what I think about it right there. Lol.

There have been so many pieces written about that night, I've read most of them, and I think this one will stand out. Mostly people write Chuck's thoughts about the Victrola incident as OMFG, I've loved B all my life... I'm loving your crass thoughts from his POV. Its much truer characterization.

The brakes slamming. Good idea, man. That could break them from the reverie and make Blair run. SUCH a great idea!

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU AND IT. Just so, so awesome.

And yes, this was all from our PMing back and forth. LMAO. There was nothing better to put than my first impressions other than this: I loved the ending. Perfect. And this SO could have been a Maho chapter.

Favoriting and loving it forever. This and Sharon's "Guard My Drink" are tied for my favorite V/V one-shot.
missdenmark chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
So I was bored and searching for another good story to read, as I do most of the time, and to my surprise and delight I stumble upon this one. And I was like: dang, I need to hook her up to that author alert thingy hehe. So I’ll do that just after I have written this review :D

I just fell insanely in love with this one-shot from the start! What, from the way it starts out with Chuck’s thoughts so raw and honest to the way you delicately describe Blair’s dancing... it just flows in a way that a lot of fics don’t. It’s packed with poetic detail, and I love it.

‘(...) that her hips were swaying seductively on his stage for all to see and not just in his head in some (almost) unheard of fantasy.’ I love this line, especially because I often wonder if Chuck’s ‘relationship’ with Blair, and that night in Victrola, seem like a fantasy come true to him? Like a dream which was not supposed to come true, but did, at it just left him in this fog like reality he can’t deal with but can’t escape at the same time..

And I absolutely adored the use of contrasts between the describing words like: full, innocent in contrast to skilled, experienced. It just describes their relationship so perfectly at this stage!

And this was probably not your intention, and I’m probably reading too much in to this, but in the last paragraph of the story, you use words like ripped, slammed, yanked, harsh and nothing, and I just can’t stop thinking about how Chuck must feel exactly like this, especially now in the most recent episodes. Sad!Chuck always breaks my heart..

But I hope you’re okay hon, what with the funeral and all. I’ll, of course, be patiently waiting for the next update of my all time favorite story, Mahogany. No hurries from here, though :D

Hugs and kisses from Lejla (aka missdenmark)
ArtemisCharmed chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
You spoil me. I appreciate it. And Bart in the end. He totally approves. lol

I love the vulgarity of this. It sounds like Chuck. I love the emotions. Poor guy. Blair does weird things to him..hehe. He needs a hug!
flipped chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
more than great.
darkangel1910 chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
Don't worry. Your readers will be waiting. I love this chapter. It was beautiful.
Katertots chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
Great job, Lynne! I really enjoyed it.
fizliz23 chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
Interesting, interesting. Love the one shot, cant wait to see whats going to happen with all of your brilliant stories.
Catheryne chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
I'm impressed. Even without your legend at the bottom I could capture the emphasis for the words, the way the italics should be read more smoothly. It seemed almost like postmodern freeverse poetry. The only thing missing was the abrupt cut and falling of each line and it could so be read as poetry. I like the way you did this. Experimental and such a success. Definitely one of your best.
Dystopic Entropy chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
I giggled at the part about the Marianna Trench...
lovetaker101 chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
Oh, poor Chuck. He is so far gone.

Loved this story, as usual. It really sounded like something Chuck would think or say. I love how he was almost freaked out by how different it was with Blair, how different he was with her. So great. And their bit of banter about the pole was hilarious. Fantastic job.

I'm so sorry about the funeral. I hope you're okay.
suspensegirl chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
this was awesome. love it. good luck at your funeral...I'm so sorry if it was someone close to you. can't wait for your updates! ;p
LittleOneWeasley chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
Loved it.

my sincerest condolences and I hope you're feeling ok.