Reviews for Race You to the Beach
LSDoom chapter 3 . 11/4/2009
HAHA! this was hilarious!

though I think "Jesus built my Hot Rod" from Ministry would be a much better choice of music.

well done.
Yoham chapter 3 . 10/29/2009
WoW, what a ride! It's my first LS crossover and even if the link between LS an AD is a little weak, the stroy itself makes up for it. You did an awesome job of writing/describing the race, which I think is not easy! Thanks for sharing, it was a good read
PaperCutVictim chapter 2 . 3/17/2009
Found it enjoyable. The introduction of the Azumanga Daioh characters was very amusing to me, though I'm sure that anyone not familiar with the characters would be confused (and then I'd have to ask what rock they've been living under... :P). I had a feeling that would be how Kagami would react in that situation, she was awfully quiet during Yui's drive in Lucky Star, a ride in the Yukari-mobile would prolly have NASA pilots crying for mercy.

Just a few things I thought I'd point out, real quick, starting with the Tsukasa x Kagami bit. While Hiiragi twincest is (an extremely) guilty pleasure of mine, I found it a little abrupt.

...Then again, I suppose when you're about to die, everything is just kinda abrupt. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if one of someone's last thoughts would be like "I wish I'd eaten that guacamole bacon triple cheeseburger now!"

BTW, was Tsuka-chan's usage of "onee-sama" intentional? It sounded a little kinky to me, but then, I could just be warped by overexposure to H materials. :P

But yeah, nitpicking aside, I liked it. Was fun to read, and it was hilarious to me that even Tomo was frightened of Yukari's driving. XD I liked the idea too, seeing how Yui's Initial D style driving instantly had me wondering "Yui. Yukari. Big race. Who wins?" The dash of twincest raised it a few notches in my book too.

...Er, I mean... ...Forget what you just saw. *runs*
Belthasar chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
Tsukasa would use 'Onee-chan' not 'Onee-sama'...
Ascoeur chapter 3 . 2/1/2009
lol, poor girls, traumatized for life -.-...I would be. I'm Not so much into the twinset but Konata's comment was funny , finally she wakes up. But I still like your story , very interesting, wonder what happens next? hope u update soon, bye bye
Ivory Bill Woodpecker chapter 3 . 2/1/2009
I hope they put both those reckless drivers on ice, too. This reminds me of all the criminal assaults on Keitaro in LOVE HINA-it leaves me wondering where the law is.
Ivory Bill Woodpecker chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
Oh, THANK YOU for reminding me I had "UNBOXED" in my CD collection! I just added it to my PC's music files and I have "I Can't Drive 55" blasting through my headphones as I type! _
weluvgirlswithglasses chapter 2 . 1/23/2009
Well, I'm flattered that you asked me to read this. I'm sorry if my harshness from your last story left such an impression on you, I can just be mean sometimes.

I read this through, and I do find it more enjoyable than the last one. The absence of a forcably inserted OC is always appreciated by me. The crossover with Azumanga is a little abrupt, as you just seem to dive right into it. (I also don't think Kaorin would go for Konata's type, but that's me.) People who haven't watched AzuDa will definitely not get what's going on. You represent AzuDa's crazy characters rather well, and I enjoyed your description of the Yukarimobile in the beginning. I did notice that Yomi and Sakaki were almost entirely silent/barely mentioned. Yomi would definitely have a lot more than one line to say about what was going on there. Kagami too, would have been far more vociferous about the way Yukari was driving.

I'm a little disappointed that you put Konata out of commission for the entire thing, but oh well. Yui was pretty well in character, and I honestly think she'd win in any race against a couple of crazy women.

The twincest I could do without. I'm not a fan, but I'm not going to jump all over you because it's a pairing I dislike. What I will criticize you for however, is the abrupt introduction of incestual romance into a story that otherwise has nothing to do with it. The two of them in the show have nothing beyond a very close familial relationship. I believe that if a fanfic author wants to write them into something romantic, they have to make a very convincing case. All too often I've seen writers cop out with "Oh, suddenly I realize that she's always been there for me - I must jump her bones." It's not that simple. Therefore, it's not very convincing. Also, one as pragmatic as Kagami probably wouldn't even consider the option of tongue-kissing just as she was about to die, even if she had just confessed love.

All in all, this was mostly fun if not a bit too wacky. It was fun to see the interactions between both casts, and to have both wreckless drivers in a face-off. Yukari was the first thing I thought of when I watched Yui go postal on that guy who passed her, so nice catch.
PrinnyOfTheYear chapter 2 . 1/21/2009
...THAT...Ladies and Gentlemen...IS WHY YOU DON'T RIDE IN YUKARI'S CAR!
Ascoeur chapter 2 . 1/18/2009
OMG ARE THEY GOING TO DIE 0.0! NO AND LOL tsukasaXkagami huh?...well...I'm not really in twinset. I'm more into o well ,it's UR story! I'll keep on reading cuz I just wanna see everyone's reaction towards the two just in case they live hahhaha, it'll be totally awkward, lol u got my support keep going! ) *thumbs up*
Ascoeur chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
lol even if it's not konami I still want to read , please continue