Reviews for Sacrifices and Gains
Guest chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
mofalle chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
I am so happy the first part was a dream. I nearly cried. I loved how dashing and heroic Wolf was to get Conart. I liked how this ended.
The Codebreaker chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
You are impossibly good at action/tragedy/fluff.
Mrs Hatake Itachi chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Nice story!
Gia Pang chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
I actually stared at the summar for a good five minutes before clicking on it. XD My first thought? I hope Wolfram wants to!

And then I started reading. Oh dear, I was getting anxious about Conrad's situation. Wolfram's apparent hesitation. Yuuri's pleas. Some of my favorite lines:

Then his face narrowed as it neared Yuuri. “And that’s no ordinary fire. Add to the fact that you’re no soldier. You’ll never fight with your whole heart—like a dragon—to win back…” He stopped himself before he could finish. It was too much to say and too damn honest. Instead, he continued with “To save him… You’ll be too merciful and someone will die. I hate to say it, but it’s true.”

To Yuuri’s surprise, two arms encircled his waist. The blond leaned in and grazed his cheek with a kiss, light and with a touch of velvet. The warmth of the body was unexpected and he just froze—arms spread comically wide and body riveted through his shoes to the earth beneath his feet. “Wolfram” was all he could whisper back as an exhale. But this was not the time and this was not the moment. There was something inappropriate about it all with his heart beating wildly and some part of him demanding Conrad back.

Yuuri turned back to his wrist and pulled on the handcuff. So, that was what Yozak had given Wolfram. “Get this thing off, Wolfram! Now! Stop playing this stupid ‘jealous fiancé game’ so that we can rescue Conrad.” The blond didn’t move and Yuuri pressed on with “He’s in pain. You could hear it for yourself.”

Turning back, Wolfram said, cocking his head beautifully to one side, “Just for the record…” A tear spilled from one emerald eye. “It was fun…while it lasted. You let me live again…just for a little while. You let me stay by your side and live with the illusion that I had someone in my life. And, thanks to you, I remember what hope is. Too bad ‘love’ never came with it.” The smile was heartbroken.

Yuuri's words, "Stop playing this stupid 'jealous fiancé game’ so that we can rescue Conrad," were just. Perfect for this scene. As much as I wanted my first reaction to be indignation, I was too busy being impressed at Yuuri's words. He was perfectly willing to call Wolfram out on his perceived jealousy, if only to goad him into untying him. I think this scene was very important in showing that Yuuri isn't totally complacent. He won't balk at saying uncomfortable things just because they're uncomfortable. Given the situation, Yuuri can step up to the plate and show that he can be the king he was meant to be. (Wow this is more praise for Yuuri than I ever thought I would give...haha) And of course, beautifully, tragic Wolfram was completely satisfying. What a surprise to find out that it was all a tea-induced hallucination! -

Ending it with Yuuri tugging him into bed and sleeping peacefully side by side was a great way to end it! And thanks for writing!
anon azure chapter 1 . 4/24/2009

Wolfram truly LOVES Yuuri...

Now if only Yuuri could

feel the same...
Kinkatia chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
You had me terrified for a moment there... Oh wow...

And you ended it perfectly with the bit about Wolf not kicking at all.
LostForWords07 chapter 1 . 2/22/2009
Aww... that was beautiful.

How did Wolfram survive? He was all burnt then suddenly he was there at the foot of his bed.

Great story, I loved it. XD
Yuka Hasumi chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
:D i loved this.. another great job, HARPGO~ oh, and congratulations on your husband's birthday!(?) :P
LacieFujoshi chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
That was so nice!

I really liked it!

Actually, I read this last week but I had no time to log in

since I had to turn off the computer already because I had to study for my tests so this review is kind of one week late...

I hope you make more oneshots.

Val-Creative chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
It was so beautiful. I loved it. I was sobbing by the time Yosak came to free Yuuri. I could hardly read it through the tears. Lovely. Absolutely lovely.

~ Val
Shinoga Hibiki chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Ah cute little one shot! What a nightmare for Yuri, of course sometimes it takes losing someone/something to realize just how much you need it.
Hanyou Yarnball chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
Brilliance! This story had me on the verge of tears to the point of people around me wondering what the heck had happened... and then I was smiling dorkily shortly afterwards!

What's really scary is that the way the show is going now, I can totally see Wolfram doing the whole sacrifice thing... Just to get some more screen time.
littlemisssweetheart chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
aw that was so cute. for a minute there i really thought wolf had died. very good fic
Ffionn chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
I almost fainted when I thought Wolfram was dead...

But, well. It's just my thought. Love this one, I'll wait for the next story.