Reviews for It's a hard life
Sadiera Manx chapter 4 . 6/19/2012
Poor Kimmuriel. Good story!
Yulandia chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
ooo I LOVE the way you wrote this!

this is brilliant:

"In this city, there were the rich and the poor, like in any other one, and they all go about their business like small spiders preying and scurrying along, without noticing the magnificent web that supports them. At most, they only watch the other silky strands, and observe their brothers and sisters, and cherish their own position counting the number of flies they have caught, knowing that no matter how small this number is, there is bound to be someone below them."

You have captured their city perfectly. I'm loving this! Kimmuriel's thoughts are great. I can feel his disgust. :)

I'm looking forward to reading more of your work.
Lady Annikaa chapter 4 . 3/14/2009
Hahaha This was great! Sorry it took me so long to read! My loss! I just have to say your Kimmuriel is my most favorite out of everyone I've ever read! You have to do more with him, either more with this story or other plots! .
Darev chapter 4 . 3/6/2009
First allow me to comlpiment you on your English. I did catch a few spelling mistakes but other than that, you have done a fine job in writing a story not in your native langauge.

I have not seen that many Spanish writers or writers from Spanish-speaking countries take a hand at writing in a language other than their own. I was thrilled to see someone from the "Old Country" writing for one of my favorites series. Is Forgotten Realms big in Spain? Do you read a lot of fantasy novels? You do have a talent for writing.

Anyway, as for the story, I found myself wishing it did continue on. Kimmuriel was an interesting character for a drow. He was not necessarily evil, but still possessed those traits that make drow dangerous. I wondered how Bregan D'aerthe would fare without Jarlaxle at the helm. Seems to me he left his beloved mercenary company in good hands.

Thanks for the read.

Darev
Arcole chapter 4 . 3/3/2009
Oh poor poor Kimmuriel! Bless his sweet heart! The poor thing is just overcome by the success of it all. You can't quit writing these. I agree that part of the arc has been tied up-he's got his spot as leader cemented down tightly. But he's still too uncomfortable with the position to quit playing with him! Nope, you can't quit doing these. I just love how you present the inside of his mind too much for you to stop! Throw us one out there whenever the mood strikes, but keep some Kimmuriel coming!

And I've got to wonder what Vlondril had planned for the mushrooms . . . She was great!
Sushi-san85 chapter 4 . 3/3/2009
So glad to see that you updated this story. I've been lagging a bit behind on the reading and reviewing, but I hope you'll find it in your heart to forgive me.:)

This story is moving in a wonderful direction. You've kept Kimmuriel in character (the way we all love and hate him) and Eldath (which is an ironic name for a drow warrior) is proving to be a very interesting addition.

I must admit, the whole business with Vlondril gives me the shivers on Kimmuriel's behalf. I hope he can find a way to weasel out of whatever web the old spider is spinning, for his own sake anyway.

All in all, a great story. Please keep up the good work.:)
Zolarix Aster chapter 3 . 1/21/2009
“No high cut vest.”

Poor Kimmuriel. Even when Jarlaxle's not there he still has to deal with him!

I'm not quite sure that he should be trusting Eldath for advice on his wardrobe...

Good chapter!
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 3 . 1/20/2009
'Satisfied, Kimmuriel nodded and motioned towards the office’s table, and the two males sat down to painstakingly unveil and study the mysteries of fashion and coolness.

It was a titanic task looming ahead.'

One thing to say: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Arcole chapter 3 . 1/20/2009
Oh man-I am rolling! That closing bit is too hilarious! Kimmuriel is coming to him for cool lessons! What a scream! I just love them both! Meanwhile, Eldath is becoming some more kind of character. He's just scary fun! What a player! And you say he's going to make an appearance in Greatest Prize too? I cannot wait!
Zolarix Aster chapter 2 . 1/14/2009
Sorry for the late review.

Very good! I could feel Kimmuriel's frustration. Poor Kimmuriel...

The "rapidly developing stomach ulcer" was an interesting detail.

Are you going to describe how he changes his apperance?
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 2 . 1/13/2009
Hahahaha! I love this series of Kimmuriel's troubles. I did burst into a fit of laughter out loud when I read these lines:

“No, ye ain’t,” an interlocutor who, like most of his race, refused to be enlightened. “The leader be bald and got jus’ one eye. He be taller than ye. Dresses better, too. More leader-ishly,” the helpful individual elaborated

'More leader-ishly' did me in. I had to laugh at that. It's so canonically dwarven, and so insulting, that it just tickled me. Oh my gosh. Please continue. This story is awesome off the charts.
Arcole chapter 2 . 1/13/2009
I am laughing out loud again! I just love Kimmuriel! The dwarf head furniture, the stomach ulcer and the changing of the wardrobe, just to name a few! What a scream! Oh, and dwarf sweat! That is such a neat idea that he can't get any respect b/c nobody knows who he is. That is just priceless! I do love these so much!
Arcole chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
I am dying here with laughter! You have got such a fabulous take on Kimmuriel! This is terrific! And the last line was just killer. I'm really looking forward to more of this one!
Zolarix Aster chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
ROFL!

Awesome, very awesome.

I love the last line. While I was reading the last part I really had no clue where Kimmuriel was going with the morality train of thought, then BAM. Hilarious!

I did notice one typo: "And this is were the metaphor ends..." It should have been spelled "where."

But I would like to note the remainder of that particular line was extrodinarily funny as well.