Reviews for The Joys of Life
HopelessRomanticist chapter 3 . 7/12/2010
...God DAMNIT! Another well-written and interesting story seems to have stopped. Why do I only discover these pieces so late... Grrrrrrrrrr. This was really really engaging, and now... NOOOOOOOOO! 7 month gap... please just tell me it's writer's block, and not story-kill. PLEASE!

On a positive note, everyone seems to be as in character as this setting allows. Gongora (if you are still writing) could make a return in aiding the plan against Kaim (maybe as revenge against Kaim snubbing his seat invitation on the first day. Disproportionate Retribution FTW). Would allow you to add some levels of intellect not displayed by Rita so far. Have afew more ideas, but meh.

Hoping that you have some sort of plan to come back to this.

HR
CirceKat chapter 3 . 12/28/2009
You have a great imagination-I would never have thought to put the LO characters in this type of story. One part that was a bit confusing in this chapter was the name of Kaim's father (Artemis vs Alastair?). Otherwise, I think there are some potentially interesting plot lines that you introduce here that you could work with in subsequent chapters-like Kaim's sadness over his mother's death and Seth's recent loss of hers or the potential secret of Seth's family pendant. Keep it up!
AnarchyGunRage chapter 3 . 12/27/2009
A very good story.
Demon Hunter9137 chapter 2 . 11/12/2009
great story and thank you for this pairing i just started playing the game and i can already tell kaim and seth are meant for each other please update soon and again thank you
Ra-Horakhty7125 chapter 2 . 8/27/2009
This story rocks...you should have Kaim introduce Seth to his "niece" and "nephew" next chapter...anyway, good story keep up he good work and continue to fight the good KaimxSeth fght!
T chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
"Rita... what you did was wrong." He looked at Rita with his usual bland expression.

One of my favorite lines because it sounds JUST like him and I can totally hear him saying that! lol

Please continue!
T chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
I love it! It's unfortunate that there aren't many fanfic writers who play Lost Odyssey because not only is it a beautifully crafted game, but the characters therein aren't one dimensional and you can see how the characters grow closer and closer together. I think you've captured them perfectly and I hope you continue to write more of this story.
Freya Sacksen chapter 1 . 4/12/2009
Okay, seriously.

You really had me. I honestly thought 'You know, this fic might not be so bad. She's taking the time to explain that she's English, her description of the weather is reasonable. You know, it looks like this could be okay.'

Then I got to the third paragraph.

For the love of all that is sweet and merciful in this world DO NOT PUT IN-TEXT AUTHOR'S NOTES.

YES, we have played the game. We KNOW that there is no character called Rita who plays a giant part and we can assume, by the fact that she exists, that she plays a part in the story.

I am fully aware that the system between England and American (and, for that matter, New Zealand, where I come from, but I grew up in England anyway) is different. What you should do is describe ALL THE DIFFERENCES IN THE OPENING AUTHOR'S NOTE, rather than write it in-text. And if you absolutely positively totally unequivocally for whatever reason I cannot think of MUST put it in-text, make it RELEVANT TO THE STORY.

Make a character an exchange student who needs the system explained to them, have someone comment on the difference between sixth, fifth and seventh form or whatever the hell you're calling it, but whatever you do, please dear sweet lord DO NOT put in-text authors notes.

Your readers are NOT idiots and, for that matter, neither are you. You look as if you have the skills well enough to SHOW us, not TELL us.

Actually think, girl. You're clearly good enough to do so.
Lord 0f Storms chapter 1 . 4/11/2009
Wow.. i'm getting sucked in! KAIM X SETH! omg! so glad i found it hmm.. wonder what Rita is planning? she's awful! Jansen is hilarious in this too, telling Kaim to 'go get' Seth, and completely mucking things up when she might've been asking Kaim out. Silly Jansen!

oh, and you had me feeling sorry for Sarah in this.. how? i've gone right off her, but she seems okay in this, so maybe i can get over you putting her with Tolten lol.. it could be cute

and the final yay for today - a concept of high school that i understand! American schools confuse me heh.. so, i should stop spamming you with this long long review! update soon!
DarthRevanShepard chapter 2 . 3/31/2009
I just noticed this is similar to High School Musical (God I hated that movie!) Anyhoo can't wait for the next chapter.

p.s. I looked at your profile pic and you do look like Annie out of Being Human.
JansenFriedh chapter 2 . 3/28/2009
Very nice. The only recommendation I have for you is re-reading your document several times to be sure of spelling errors. I love the storyline! Although, it is a little strange. Keep posting! I love Jansen's character. So like him. Kaim, although, seems more impulsive than his normal character, and their relationship seemed a little jumpy. Although, I do support Seth/Kaim, and Sarah/Tolten just seems cute now. XD Can't wait to see some Jansen/Ming XD but, I'm curious; How are you going to fit Sed, Mack, and Cooke in there? Unless you stuck in an epilogue, or made Cooke and Mack Kaim's cousins, and Sed Seth's baby if she gets pregnant at 17... Just wondering. Great story, keep writing! :D
ShadowDragonAmor chapter 2 . 3/15/2009
Nicely done and well written.
TroubledFred chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
the story is good so far, can't wait till you update! I really dont like the Sarah/Tolten pairing but im somewhat intrigued by the Seth/Kaim. I wonder how your going to introduce the rest of the characters!
Blayr chapter 1 . 1/18/2009
Great story! Though I don't like the Sarah/Tolten pairing. *Growls at Sarah* I think he needs someone who isn't as outgoing as Seth and not as bland as Sarah. But that's just me and this IS your story. Great job all the way!

*Blayr*
ShadowDragonAmor chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
This fic has me interested. A good highschool fic and I love that its for lost oddysey. So few fics for a great game. You also kept everyone in character. Love the idea of SarahXTolten pairing.