Reviews for Here I Swear
cd11 chapter 1 . 7/7/2014
Simply put. Excellent story.

cd11
FloatingPizza chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Quite excellent. You're the best Valkyrie writer on Fanfiction, in my humble opinion. You capture the reality and the humanity of the men involved while still honoring them as they deserve.

Stauffenberg was my favorite here, but he's my favorite anyway so I might be biased. Regardless, you've some wonderful introspective work on the crowd and the shameless and the noble and the brave. Your works are a very good tribute to some grand and unsung heroes. Faving this.
Rockstar Jubilee chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
this is beautiful...rly unbelievably beautiful :') u captured the characters so well n rly expounded upon the nationalistic spirit of Nazi Germany it just felt so real like an actual account i'm rly impressed
LadyTilBug chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Very well done! And i found the quotes very well used and placed. I love the way you have all the different stages. Beautiful!
Hat O' Doom chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
Well done!
Rj chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
I thought it was very well done. I liked the progressional first sentences, I have tried, i do not doubt, it will be done. I think it was quite effective.

I was also a bit curious as to whether it was der, die or das, but it is das, so mein Deutschland is correct. (and very effective, i like the small mix-in of german)

good job.
Morgan5318 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Another wonderful story. I really like introspective pieces. That "stream of consciousness" works very well for VALKYRIE, since there was so much secrecy and tension. I know I was on the edge of my seat at times in the movie, even though I knew the outcome from historical studies I did in college. Cruise did a good portrayal of Stauffenberg; no one can deny that, even though I'm not a big fan of his.

I also like the progression. The first man could have been the soldier who went in to arrest Goebbels (sp?), who was a strict National Socialist. It kind of reminded me of him, though I can't remember his name ATM. Anyway, you've done a great job of capturing their mindset, esp. Stauffenberg's.

Well written and right on the mark, IMHO.
Maria-Lilly Kon chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
:] Nicely done! Personally, I liked Stauffenberg's part best. I adored the "here I swear an oath" beginnings. fav
steelneena chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Hi it's me. Well i read it and think that you did a wonderful job. I was going to comment on Vaterland and Mutterland(sp) but you did. And your assumption is correct. When speaking in the English Language, refering to the country as a she does sound better. Technicalities aside, your Stauffenberg was movie based(?), and done very well according to how the character was portrayed(i really, unlike most people it seems, like Tom Cruise). In mine i tryed to bring in a little of the real Stauffenberg by reading the wikipedia enterie on him and the Operation Valkyrie. Though not the best source of info i found it correct enough to help me write 'The Prayer'. I'm glad you liked it.

The part of Here I Swear where you use their own person oaths enhances the beauty of your fic, making one of the new on my fav list. Congrats, and thank you for posting in Valkyrie.

Wow. That was long winded.
Acey Dearest chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
I really enjoyed this! Especially Stauffenberg's part at the end- probably my favorite, but I may be a little biased, heh. The style especially, with the repeated "here I swear an oath," gave the segments unity even when the sentiments were so vastly different at times. I liked the part with Olbricht where he was talking about the oil painting of Hitler. The short glimpses into everyone's mindsets were very well done- their reasonings, motivations- there's this tenseness that I think you captured on top of that, and everything was excellent. Great job!

Acey