Reviews for Becoming Hitler
springchild chapter 9 . 2/17/2009
Wow. It's not often that you come across a story where Jim isn't perfect. In fact, this is the first I've come across. Now, don't get me wrong, I prefer to think of Jim as the perfect guy and their relationship as perfect but it was interesting to hear a different type of story. Nicely done!
BasementOfTheMansion chapter 9 . 2/11/2009
Whew... Last chance to get it right. Here goes... *deep breath*

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 1 1 1 ! ! eleven ! ! !

Whew! That really takes it outta a girl.

Damn. You know what I love about this fic (besides everything)? The fact that you write Pam how she actually is. Not like perfect-Jim-soulmate or strong-slick-artist or femme-fatale-gets-every-man-she-wants. Just slightly confused, mousy Pam who eternally rests upon the horns of a dilemma.

Robert Frost line. Hee.

"Exactly the way she loved Roy, long ago." Ba-zing!

...Yeah, every single line of dialogue in the Pam/Alex convo is fucking genius. The alternating jokes, the aching way she has to yank every sentance out of her heart, the way Alex is disappointed and understanding at the same time, and the way you ended it with the least cheesy, sweetest "I love you" exchange I've read in practically forever... I seriously am fangirl swooning right now. This is your best chapter, and I'm so moved that I'm just heaping praise on instead of trying to crack jokes and be witty like I normally do. Why are you so awesome, Wert? Is it physically painful to carry around that much talent?
Klutzygirl33 chapter 8 . 2/8/2009
I have a hard time believing Pam would ever cheat on Jim. Or that she would cheat on him because he bought her a house without telling him. That's sort of weird. And if Pam did cheat, I doubt it would be with Alex. I don't believe Pam was lying when she said she liked the house.
yayme2012 chapter 8 . 2/6/2009
This fic made my day.

That is all.
HalloweenJack138 chapter 8 . 2/5/2009
Wert, I just spent ten minutes trying to think of a snarky reaction for this one, but I just don't have it in me. You're really on your game here and the way you so accurately portray Pam's internal struggles as a woman torn are so beautifully done here that I won't even call you a giant femme.

That's respect, my man, and you've earned it.

Seriously though, reading this really got me thinking about old times and now I really feel like I want to write another Office fic... if only I could a) invent a machine that would let me get back all that free time I used to have and 2) decide what character would be most funny to have "speak Russian and Italian" (thoughts?). Thanks for keeping the flame alive, dude, and thanks for doing it so damn well.

Now throw in a lesbian scene for chrissakes.
BasementOfTheMansion chapter 8 . 2/2/2009
Squee.

No, no, delivery's all wrong... Urgh, damn perfomance anxiety...

SQUEE!

*bows*

WHAT THE FRAK, PAM? Why do you have to do sucky things?

Ooh, she's so torn, though! The DRAMA! The SABOTAGE! The OVERUSE of my capslock key in this review!

"We haven't bought a house or anything." The agony and the irony, they're killin' me...

Amd they she lamely runs back home, with all the pathetic glory that follows. Ugh. Something already sort of painful and sad made a bajillion times more pathetic and sad. Congradulations on making sadness happen. It was masterful.

Wiggity-wiggity-WHAT? Did you just reference fanon sensation Jonathon Halpert? Please tell me I'm not the only one that caught this. Or, y'know, do. I like to feel special.

"Does he have any dreams or aspirations of his own?" That, Pamlet, is the question. (Oh my God, did you see what I just did there? Ah, that's so witty! I like me.)

Ooh, give me AU hope at the end, why don'tcha. And that whole spiel sounded a little familiar...

P.S. - You know, the way it shows up on screen, the two phrases "Vasoline on all your doorknobs" are right on top of each other, and it's doing weird visual things to me.
OverkillKiller7 chapter 8 . 2/2/2009
Whoa. I was kidnapped for awhile, but here I am.

This. Is. Awesome. Alex confessed to her- and Jim is holding her back. In a supposedly 'dominating relationship', she couldn't follow her dreams. And now she can't again. Oh, how I love this story more and more and more.

Keep it up, Wert.
Lady Gwenevere Smith chapter 7 . 1/30/2009
Oh, this is really interesting. I like it a lot!
BasementOfTheMansion chapter 7 . 1/25/2009
You know, as soon as you replied that one time about me being one of the few who actually understands this story, I knew I had to start my next review with an idiotic Jammer rant. Why does my mind work this way? I dunno.

I say the AU thing because I have no idea where you're going with this. I guess either to the point where they make up and flip the house and sell it for profit and promise never to be that stupid again, or there's a massive fallout between them. The whole "run away to NY" thing kind of just exists in my completely unreasonable Office wishes list. (And I do have a list... Sad.)

I've been waiting for this chappy since I figured out what was going down, and it does not disappoint. Nice balance between her real desires and her concious intentions.

And, lo, the sun breaks through the smog of cluelessness over Jim's head! Kinda. I love how you don't write him as the magically gay boyfriend who can psychically gleam the perfect gift.
BasementOfTheMansion chapter 6 . 1/24/2009
It's not too late, Wert... Pam must repent and confess her infidelity to Jim so the can get married and shoot out some babies and live happily ever after and not take the AWESOME GRAPHIC DEISGN JOB WHAT THE HELL?

Oh, Pam, WHY? Why did you have to come back to awful Scranton and whore out your talent in a sub-zero garage instead of being everything that is awesome? GAWD, I hope you AU this...

The Pam/Alex interaction was excellent... Cute but not saccharine. The Jokerness was a nice touch. Hitler and the Joker... Sounds like a new OTP to me.

I've also been getting annoyed at the "paint over the clown" thing... It's the principle of the thing. What, Pam has to use her awesomeness to cover for Jim's lameness and bad decision making skills? Yeah, that's fair.
BasementOfTheMansion chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
Oh... It just gets better...

Jim. Not taking out garbage. Is. The best.

Creed the stalker. What more can I say?

Jim still mugs to the camera even when there's no camera me floored with your awesomeness.

Oh, study-buddies with inside jokes. AND Muppet show references. Aww. All I want now is for Pam to run away with Alex and go be awesome and never go back to sucky Jim and lame-ass Scranton.

Huh... I thought everybody knew Jinx, too. But I am also weird.

The actual dissolve from playing to sex was actually really sweet and awesome and a little hot. Huh. I feel like I should delete that sentance, but I'm not going to. And i just ended that sentance with a preposition. I'm horrible.

Solidarity with Angela? Every time i think it just can't get better, it does. You so rock, man.
BasementOfTheMansion chapter 4 . 1/15/2009
[OPEN: wanders in from stage left, brushes dirt off self]

Hey. Sorry 'bout the delay. I, um, died. Thank God for the T-Virus, is all I'm sayin'.

Oh, this was delightful... I love Pam walking down the SAME DAMN path with Alex as she did with Jim. Jinx. Sleepy headrest. Love it.

Omfg... FamG reference!

Also, everyone's stories mad me giggle... Just thought I'd say.

Also... the Pam/No thing... perfect. I can hear it in my brain. With the voices.

Of course, a dash of KaPam... A Wert story without KaPam is like a HJ138 story without a Bowie reference...

M... Wow, I'm still feeling dead. Sorry if this makes no sense.
OverkillKiller7 chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
That Pam/Angela conversation was what tied together this chapter and made me smile wider than the whole Pam cheating thing. Of course she likes guys with meat on them! She was with Roy! I'm starting to love your Alex. Very, very much. And I have a few suspicions about that whole Creed calling her Katy thing...
OverkillKiller7 chapter 4 . 1/13/2009
Bahaha. I kind of want to hang with all these people you have created. And WHOA - did you just manage to throw in some KaPAM? I'm such a giant fan of the fandom, it's not even funny.

Falling asleep on Alex's shoulder? This is getting better and better and better and...
HalloweenJack138 chapter 4 . 1/13/2009
Yeah, until I got to the end of this chapter, I just wasn't feeling it as a Wert fic... I mean, the Grinch-like cynicism was there, inklings of the Wert style, but... it just lacked that certain something.

And then you put in that little bit of KaPam and all was right with the world.

(And why doesn't Pam just paint over the Clown?)