Reviews for Everything You Wanted To Know About Cormac
teshara chapter 1 . 11/13/2014
Love!
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Nicely put together, with Cormac sounding so very like what he should sound like. Keep writing and please update.
Tilders chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
I just read Albus Potter and the Year of the Badger, and found little Cormac (probably because all the Cormac's I've ever met are tall!) so enchanting that I just had to read this too.

Being Irish myself, there's a couple of things bugging me though. :/

The biggest one would be at the question "What's your favourite song?". Cormac replies "The old Gaelic Song of Concubar."

The issue here is with 'Gaelic'. In Ireland, if you say 'Gaelic' people are going to think of Scotland. Not a single Irish person I have met has referred to the Irish language as 'Gaelic'. It's simply called Irish.

'Gaelige' (gale-ih-gah, if you'll excuse my poor attempt at phonetics), which is Irish for, well, Irish, is close, but 'Gaelic' will still bring up images of Scotland, where Scots Gael is pretty similar to Irish, but still different.

Actually, Gaelic would probably bring up images of football, which brings me to my next point. I laughed in the story when Cormac rugby-tackled some students, but Gaelic football would be more common than rugby. When Irish people say 'football', they don't mean soccer, but Gaelic, which is again similar but different.

Finally, Irish dancing isn't the same as tap dancing! The shoes that make the clunking sound when they hit the ground are simply referred to as 'heavy shoes', as opposed to pumps, which are also used. Tap dancing is rather different, also Michael Flatley blurred the line somewhat.

Sorry if I disturbed you with this review, especially as I didn't review the main story (which I enjoyed immensely, by the way). I fear you are the unfortunate person who I have ranted to after seeing far too many HP stories where Seamus (and his name brings up a whole host of other nit-picking...) speaks 'Gaelic' and other such things. As an Irish person, it's just... irking.

But I will leave you be on the positive note that Cormac is a simply charming character. :)
Whoopsy chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
In the very first line Cormac writes, "I'm an eleven year old half-Leprechaun attending Hogwarts with Albus Potter." The problem here is the first 6-7 words. Cormac cannot tell anyone about his heritage unless they first suspect something. Well something along those lines, but its a fun story/interview and I'm happy you wrote it.
Don-Jam chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
Luna was Luna... Cormac is a good OC.
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
and were afraid t ask? Great interview. I like Luna and Cormac is an interesting kid.
DragonQuillZ chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
Aw this was really sweet and a great way to find out more about Cormac! I can't wait to get re-acquainted in BBS! One question though, when did this interview take place because Luna did not seem to know Albus, Rose and Scorpius were sorted into Hufflepuff. Thanks ever so much for the interesting read and wonderfully written!

DQ
Val B chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
xD This was really cool, (If you could make one of Gas and another one for Liam it would be highly appreciated ;D )

I love how he likes Berry! That was too cute x3

I so want to see him dancing.
Princess Gillybean chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
aw that was cute, a nice idea. When's the next story coming out about this lot?
meiscool2 chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
that, was bloody brillent. i loved every word or if, he just seemed so beliveable, i never would have thought... thanks so much for writing that, it was deffinatly worth it.
Wotcher-Tonks chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
cute!
RedCloakedMaiden chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Pretty interesting oneshot! I think it's only made me more eager for Albus Potter and the Black Badgers Society though!

Good job!
Astraea Elladanien chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
Onslow? x3 That poor boy. What a name!

That's really sad about his dad. If something like that had happened to me, I wouldn't listen to anyone if they said it wasn't my fault either.

Plucked a hair from the Old Gaffer. Haha, that is sure a funny name. All these wizards and witches with their exotic wand cores!

Luna! I was waiting for her to show up somewhere, and what better a way then interviewing a half-Leprechaun.

It took me a moment to figure out what C.H.S. meant. Then I felt stupid. xD

Great little tidbit here and I think the chapter of AfterMagic eased me out of the withdrawal. Haha.

With love,

Astrea Black
dahilsaiyo chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
LOL. You crack me up!
PhantomPenguin chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
Very cute _ I really enjoyed getting to know Cormac's character better! I'm glad you made Luna the interviewer because, as you said, who knows better?

The interview made Cormac seem more...human? :p You know what I mean, though. Knowing more about a character's past helps you to understand them, and Cormac is an amazing character. Kudos to you for creating him D

I liked reading about his family, too...I wonder what a family reunion would be like?

I loved it! I can't say that it helped with the withdrawal, though...it just made me want more :p