Reviews for Silent Confession
happyhooligan2001 chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
A good confessional story. I wish the movie had dealt a little more with Stauffenberg's faith. It was a primary motive for his actions. I personally think he rates up there with the warrior saints.
Lady Razorsharp chapter 1 . 2/3/2009
Lovely, sad stuff. Very in keeping with the flavor of the movie.
Morgan5318 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
For someone who is not a practicing Catholic, you have done an amazing job at handling a confession. My roommate is Catholic, and I had her read this story. She thought it was amazingly well done, as well.

Of all the VALKYRIE stories you've written, I like this one most of all because it deals with a man's own conscience. His deepest and most secret thoughts, what drives him and what brings him to his eventual end. As for his doubts, my roommate reminded me that Christ had his own doubts before the Crucifixion. Can a mere mortal man not have similar doubts of such an undertaking? Yes, and you handled them beautifully.

Kudos to you for another well-written story.
Emilia Gray chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
This was a very good job.

I loved the movie, and thought that this was a good look into Stauffenberg's mind.

Just one note:

I believe that the beginning of the confession prayer is "Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned," not "bless me..."

but that has no effect on the actual story, so, two thumbs up from me :)

always,

Reece
steelneena chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
ah. this was the one similar to mine own. Well as a practicing catholic, it'd prolly go something like that, and i can see that sometimes, in his darkest moments, the Col. thinking like that. No man is without sin, no man is without hate and vengence, and bloodlust. But this was for a good cause. SO as you put it, he repents for what he needs to, not that he does it for the good of others. v. good, another addition to the fav list.
user789685445978 chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
I really enjoyed reading this. I wish that the film had delved into Claus' religious conviction, at least a little. Plus I personally wouldn't have minded if the movie was a little longer. ;) I agree with you; even if he didn't share it with anyone else, he certainly had to have his moments of indecision and worry. Good job. It's nice to see some Valkyrie fic on the site. :)