Reviews for Love and Gravity
SemperFidelis101 chapter 3 . 1/11/2009
This is awesome! Hope you update soon! Pwease
Britt01 chapter 2 . 1/10/2009
Wow - you've got me thinking of so many questions, I can tell this is going to be a great fic. And also - I'm just excited that Jacob is coming home. It is very interesting that Leah can hear him but with static. And Maura has static. The stillness gift - very cool - but obviously there is more to it then that, since her parents kicked her out for not taking some sort of mental health meds. I'm glad she at least had her Grandmother on her side. What all of this has to do with the pack, I'm not sure. But her wondering about how to get the "true love" intensity thing going on - at least she is in the right place for imprinting! I'm also wondering about why she needs to see the pack in wolf form - there is something special that obviously she expects to see or experience, other than just seeing them as human. I'm looking forward to finding out more!
Britt01 chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
Cool! Just came over here on recommendation from TLYDF, and I see why your story was reviewed! It is very intriguing, I really want to know more of what is going on. I like your writing style, too, you have some nice descriptions. Especially "typical tangle of teenage hormones" - perfect.
AngstGoddess003 chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
Hey! This was rec'ed at our blog so I'm submitting you to my trademark epic review. You can tune me out if you'd wish, as most of this is likely just babble anyways.

My first thoughts on this were... "Who is this? What's the POV." But.. I dig that kind of thing. The mystery pulls me in. You also use beautiful imagery to describe the Canadian wilderness. I loved the term... snow, but not snow. It's a very, precarious, transformation kind of thing. Which seemed fitting.

It was a very angsty and heartrending farewell to the wilderness for Jacob. And just for the record... I pretty much openly despise Jacob, so the fact that I am reading past this point speaks volumes. Angst just makes me all aquiver. Jacob or no. Sh. Don't tell. *whispers* Our secret.

"Maura’s eyes hurt." - Most people don't know this... but I friggin love OC's. Hard. Seriously. So now I'm a little excited.

"I’m sitting here in Bumf*ck, Washington"

Um... You had me at F*ck?

I also like her quirkiness with talking to herself. I do this ALL the time. It really builds her character. Plus the references to her past keep me guessing.

You illustrated her scrutiny of the pack very well, noting their habits as the more instinctual nature of the pack dynamic and applying them to her theories. You built her background well, explaining why she had chosen to travel to La Push in both her honest inner thoughts, and her lie to the older woman. And she's southern, and so am I, so... maybe I'm just finding ways to relate with her, idk. But I feel like I kind of do? Oh no. I'm rambling again aren't I. This happens... moving along...

The static thing was a little confusing at first. I think the average Twi FF reader will be trying to fit her into a supernatural nook. Vampire, Werewolf, Imprint, etc. But I think you're going somewhere else with this. Introducing a new element of the supernatural, which is always intriguing of course. The same old-same old can get rather boring. Maybe that's why I like OC's so much? I also kind of have a stiffy for mental problems things like 'supernatural powers' create. It give characters more depth? Makes them more complex? I'm not sure. Hm... mini ramble..

The stillness thing. I can't quite place why I like this so much. It's different, yet not. It seems like you are melding different aspects of the canon supernatural element into her. Fuzzy static and mind thing with the wolves, but the stillness like the vamps. Yet, it's still unique.

And this? "It had scared her family so much when she was younger." - This really shows she has struggled with this... whatever supernatural thing she has going on. The struggle is always win of course. And the reader really gets the feeling that she is in the right place at the right time.

In conclusion, I'm intrigued. By a wolf fic. With no Edward. Which, again, speaks volumes when I say that I'm interested. Great descriptions and characterization. I'm off to read the second!

-AG
smellyia chapter 2 . 1/10/2009
I am really enjoying this and I'm excited to see how this unfolds. It's refreshing not to read about the Cullen's and you are definitely drawing me in!
smellyia chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
I am already intrigued by this. Maura, as an OC, seems to be above the norm Mary Sue as you have presented her. I enjoy Quileute stories...I'm looking forward to see how you weave this story together and how you take the legends into it.
EZRocksAngel chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
yay! Im so excited to see this unfold! It is very interesting so far and i hope you update soon!
277 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19