Reviews for Fortune's Gate
,man why couldn't you make anikin a sir kept reading on he's of that now thankfully i know so i won't have read more chapters
anonymous chapter 24 . 8/24
Okay please again update. Want to see the four making the official contract on the water technology and everybody's reaction to it once they see it in action. I want to see how the technology works. What happens to Anakin after this? Where's Obi-Wan in all this? Anakin obviously have to leave home, will he remain in touch with his family.
I really do like Owen and Anakin's relationship in this one, I wish canon had a relationship or showed something of it in the movies because Luke ends up being raised by Owen and Owen seems real reluctant about Luke leaving off because of Anakin, at least that's how it seemed when I last watched 'A New Hope', it seemed Owen kind of had a relationship with Anakin though we don't really see any of that in the prequel movies. If Anakin does turn dark side or something awful happens to him, it would be understandable why Owen doesn't want Luke to leave Tatooine. Though I suppose even w/o a relationship considering he sees Luke as a son, he'd probably still be scared that Luke will join his father's fate.
Will Shmi still be alive in this AU? And I'm also looking forward to Sidious and Anakin meeting? I wonder how Anakin will escape his fate as a Sith this time?
Dom186 chapter 24 . 7/17
I liked it...mostly.
Your premise and characterisation of Anakin are brilliant, and all in all, your writing is very good.
Which is why it's so frustrating when you insert Eiarté, the queen of all mary-sue that I felt like slapping every time she spoke; or when Anakin turns into a 16 year old girl whenever he interacts with Padmé.

novelreader chapter 3 . 6/18
Um I'm real curious as to how Anakin would acquire such knowledge when he lives in a dust bull plaent like Tatoinne that most likely doesn't have access to knowledge of such advance technology.
novelreader chapter 2 . 6/18
I love the condensed version of what happened to Anakin's life. For a moment I didn't believe it, it seemed far-fetched but then I reread this and I'm like okay I guess rejection made Anakin much more serious about being a Jedi and made him humble too. Though I wonder if the Jedi Counsel's decision to kick him out is going to come back to bite them. Seems like Anakin is holding on to a lot of resentment.
novelreader chapter 24 . 6/17
Ugh! Please update soon! PLEASE!

I have a number of scenarios that might happen in my head and it's making my head hurt!

I hope this fic turns real political soon, though apparently there's still the issue of war, unfortunately nobody besides Sidious seems to be interested in war anymore now that there's something more hotter, or cooler rather. Still they have to play along or Sidious would probably call on Order 66 and strive to take over the Republic by force especially with him being already the Chancellor. He could even lie to the people and say the new technology was actually a weapon and they need to destroy it! I wonder what he'll feel when he finds out that Anakin was the one who created the technology, will he try to kill him, or better yet try to control him in order to force Anakin to build weapons of mass destruction, considering he's a technological genius.

I still don't understand why Sidious didn't try to kidnap Anakin after the Jedi kicked him out?

What is Dooku going to do now? Are we going to see a different point of view of the Separatist where they are the good guys? Not really your traditional types but with Anakin technology why would they go to war? They could profit from his invention, then again they might try to profit from both, and they technology would bolster up their efforts to get more Star Systems to join the Confederacy. It'll be an interesting change if the Confederacy end up being another Rebel Alliance and somehow when everything's okay again they unite once more but this time with the Confederacy being the good guys. I want to see more of the Confederate Parliament.

novelreader chapter 16 . 6/14
I'm not entirely sure if Anakin really can do that, but it kind of makes sense that this one could since he lived most of his life not just fighting but building as well, and building for a purpose. Since he's more the inventor and fixer rather then the Jedi and the warrior, I guess using the force to visualize how a system works and using it to start it, would apply to him, since he's not too focused this time around to just use the Force for violence.

I really am curious about how that water technology works and what it really looks like. All you described was a pool with water flowing down from the walls. I really really want to know. Anakin using his engineering skills to build something so revolutionary and life saving is so awesome and we never got to see that, it's only as Vader that he uses his skill and that was only to make death weapons. I love this fic so much more because he creates something that would be opposite of his counterpart, and it's believable to because if Vader can be engineer to death weapons, I think he oversaw the makings of the Death Star, it stands that Anakin would be an engineer to life sustaining technology. I just wish I had an image of it.
novelreader chapter 15 . 6/14
hehehe C-3PO is a hoot!
novelreader chapter 14 . 6/13
I'm guessing you're making a pairing romance between Obi-Wan and Eirtae (that's a pretty name. I don't know how you come up with it). Why? Is it just for creative purposes or you're not much a fan of the pairings with Siri Tachi or Duchess Satine in canon books and show? Or did you just want to put a romance for Obi-Wan. One thing for sure, in your stories and in the canon, it seems like he has a things for fiery strong willed stubborn blonde woman lol.
novelreader chapter 13 . 6/13
I seriously seriously want this fic to continue because Anakin's psychology and his traumatized feelings about slavery is so interesting. I seriously want to see where you go with this. Please update!
FicWader chapter 24 . 6/2
Daaaaamn, you need to continue this sometime.
AI chapter 24 . 5/27
Wow. I'm spellbound. You've created such a rich society of freed slaves now scrabbling for survival. The water technology is wizard! The political interplay between everyone is intriguing. Thanks for writing and sharing!
Zexs chapter 24 . 3/14
I really hope that you continue this one day an economic war as opposed to the clone wars is quite interesting. It will throw the jedi for a loop and shift the war it to one of politics instead of open warfare. I dont think ive ever seen anyone write something like this.
Fehize chapter 24 . 3/11
This is one of the best AUs I have ever read. The scope of it is well written, and is the details! The thing that saddens me most terribly is the fact that you haven't updated in such a long time. Uwaa, that hurts my poor little heart. Haha.

Personally, the political ramifications with the water is great plot! I would love to see those for actually do something productive instead of trying to kill each other. XD Also,I always wanted to read something where Count Dooku is not just a bad guy, but is more grey.

Obviously,I want him and Anikin to succeed...

We, wanted to, at least. Although this might sound like a pitiful cry, please update soon!
mouse chapter 24 . 3/8
Is anyone out there to finish this story line, if so please said something please I would like to see a end to the story.