Reviews for Fortune's Gate
dbreezy93 chapter 24 . 6/15
So upset this has been abandoned what a great story
RecentlyDeceasedAmbers chapter 24 . 5/21
WOW WHAT?!
I... I am utterly speechless? Why. Did. It. Suddenly. Stop?! This... premise, the execution, the characterisation is so immersive... I love scheming!Dooku (let's be honest, that is the BEST Dooku, hands down). Finally a fic that makes Anakin the apprentice to a master of control (his lightsaber style requires that to the utmost, his noblility and status makes that a necessity...I shall scream it into the void YEEEEEEEEES, please!
jayley chapter 24 . 2/22
oh gosh, forget what i said about anakin having escaped dooku's grasp earlier! one of those unintentionally perfect sort of cliff hanger endings:)
jayley chapter 13 . 2/22
oh well, i'm glad worrying he might accidentally commit to the wrong side and get too deep in the dark side before understanding was stopped so soon:)
jayley chapter 11 . 2/22
man i know that dooku is obviously a bad guy, and that sure, anakin's likely path was to destroy the jedi and become a sith, and yet when obi-wan's pov comes up i can't help but dislike him! i mean, regardless that it was true in cannon anakin'd go sith, obi-wan abandoned his padawan-the one he promised his dying master he would train-at the whim of the council due to only a possible future. he blatantly chose himself over anakin in a betrayal of epic proportions. i mean, if ever anakin had a reason to join the sith (which he's only like 25% done here really what with the ignorance and all) and destroy the jedi, it's what happened to him here. i know this isn't finished so i do wonder if there will be a leaning one way or the other to which way anakin will go when i get to the last posted chapter. the odd thing is that i don't want him to be a sith but i don't actually like obi-wan very much either...so i guess i hope he leans towards padme and they live happily ever after on naboo! and that he gets a good shot in at obi-wan when he sees him again:)
Heather B chapter 24 . 12/21/2017
Is there any likelihood of this story being brought to a satisfactory conclusion after such a long hiatus? So annoying if there isn't. I hate it when this happens!
Betterways chapter 24 . 10/25/2017
Nooooo!
Betterways chapter 22 . 10/25/2017
I love whatyou have done with Anakin thus far? Great story. But i have to say, Dooku does have a choice. A no brainer in fact. He should clearly break with Sidious. He leads the seperatists and can probably take charge of the clones. If not make adeal with theJedi. With all that and Anakin they can easily defeat all Sideous s plots. I always found it hard to buy that Dooku would be that gullible to fall for Sideous's manipulations. And especially be unaware that he would be planning on a younger apprentice. Maybe thats where you are going. I was hoping Padme or Obiwan would call Anakin to the meetiing.
Jadaerys chapter 6 . 6/22/2017
"taller" LOL
stars90 chapter 24 . 4/25/2017
This is incredible work. Each one of these characters is rich, their own while still being the characters we recognize. Keep it up!
BeASlumberingDragon chapter 24 . 11/20/2016
So, I started this story today. And I finished it today because when I like something I get addicted to it. And this story, this I didn't just liked. I loved it. It was everything I had been looking for because of course Anakin would find a way to free the slaves and of course he would manage to create or "encourage" water and of course he would still remember Padmé after 10 years. The story is very interesting and very exciting. One of the best!. And before I stated it I knew that it hadn't been updated for 3 years and that I propably never know the end but I started it and I have no regrets. Simply amazing
relire12 chapter 24 . 5/25/2016
please update soon it is a great story
Lord Sanguine chapter 24 . 5/22/2016
This is one of the more unique set ups I've Seen. It would be great to get an ending.
Binx23 chapter 24 . 5/7/2016
This is really good! I normally don't like SW fics that don't have a strong, if complicated Anakin&Obi-Wan bond, but I love how you portrayed Anakin here, and the ever-layered Dooku. I also enjoyed the effortless connection between Anakin and Padme. And while I do wish there was more interaction betweeb Ani and Obi-Wan, the only thing I didn't really enjoy were Padme's two handmaidensI found them rather trying, really, even annoyingespecially Eirtae's interest in Obi-Wan, and Rhea's mousiness. Nevertheles, I really liked the rest of the story and wished a sequel was written.
BloodyAntares chapter 24 . 4/12/2016
This story is so great. Most of the stories could intrigued me this much are angst, but your story is much much different.
You portrayed anakin as a force strong inventor, which turned so important as he freed the slave, rised up in revolt the Hutts, and then, invented the water tech. I believe if there was no Padme, he would do it.
But, There are few problems: sidious didnt try to kidnap little ani; ani didnt get more bitter, or why sidious attacks tatooine (i think it will be clearer in the next chapters, so, pls update).
Pls come back, pls pls pls.
Tks for your story