Reviews for Fortune's Gate
relire12 chapter 24 . 5/25
please update soon it is a great story
Lord Sanguine chapter 24 . 5/22
This is one of the more unique set ups I've Seen. It would be great to get an ending.
Binx23 chapter 24 . 5/7
This is really good! I normally don't like SW fics that don't have a strong, if complicated Anakin&Obi-Wan bond, but I love how you portrayed Anakin here, and the ever-layered Dooku. I also enjoyed the effortless connection between Anakin and Padme. And while I do wish there was more interaction betweeb Ani and Obi-Wan, the only thing I didn't really enjoy were Padme's two handmaidensI found them rather trying, really, even annoyingespecially Eirtae's interest in Obi-Wan, and Rhea's mousiness. Nevertheles, I really liked the rest of the story and wished a sequel was written.
BloodyAntares chapter 24 . 4/12
This story is so great. Most of the stories could intrigued me this much are angst, but your story is much much different.
You portrayed anakin as a force strong inventor, which turned so important as he freed the slave, rised up in revolt the Hutts, and then, invented the water tech. I believe if there was no Padme, he would do it.
But, There are few problems: sidious didnt try to kidnap little ani; ani didnt get more bitter, or why sidious attacks tatooine (i think it will be clearer in the next chapters, so, pls update).
Pls come back, pls pls pls.
Tks for your story
Jadaerys chapter 24 . 4/5
Owhhh! How come most of the believable, nearly non OC, better, breath taking, heartbreaking FF are abandoned? Such a waste! This is a crime!
I wonder if Anakin actually did make as strong an impression as Padme did to him, if he inspired her, unknowingly, to be that great Queen the Naboo later knew.
maryg92844 chapter 24 . 3/16
I enjoyed this story immensely. Thank you for taking it as far as you did. I know how difficult life can make things, and I hope that you are doing better.
novelreader chapter 7 . 1/13
It's funny how fortune keeps repeating itself in this fic, it's like the overall theme. Even original lines from Anakin, "I made this for you. It'll bring you good fortune." Is that why you call this story "Fortune's Gate?"
novelreader chapter 5 . 1/5
I read all of this yay! Okay I'm review cuz I'm begging you to continue this story. I'm imagining all the potential things that could happen, and it just seems so much more hopeful then the original prequels or any other fanfics I've read, and that's my opinion.
novelreader chapter 19 . 10/23/2015
The part about how Padme relates the gathering outside the farm to thousands gathering in Naboo around palaces for ceremony, faith, wisdom, and community is my favorite part in this chapter. The confrontation between Obi-Wan and Anakin is the second. I love how Tatooine seems to be developing into a government and a people of it's own under Anakin unknown (at least to him. What's amusing to me is that he hasn't entirely accepted or expected to be their leader. It just accidentally became thrust-ed upon when he became the first voice to urge the slaves to fight for their natural rights, their freedom.) leadership. In my mind, Tatooine is like the Middle East or African countries. I'm still not sure in my head which. All it's missing is the building of mosques and churches (maybe renovating Jabba's palace as a community center once they clean up the muck though who knows Jabba's palace perhaps doesn't exist anymore as I can definately imagine the people burning the palace down to destroy any memory of the Hutts and the days of slavery), though aside from the belief of the Force, I'm not sure if their are any elaboration or other religion in the Star Wars universe, so I guess they would be making temples instead to put some spirituality in the desert. I certainly feel that in your story, the spirituality I mean. I feel like the people would strive to hold on to something to move on, aside from Anakin's water technology which most don't know of and the Farmer's Market which has created a community of it's own. To most of the community rely on piracy or do they also make their own goods? I also can see the planet looking very similar to what the American Old West look like with cowboys and outlaws and all. All they need is to have some immigrant workers from another planet coming in to work but being taken advantage of and a railroad station starting to be built and it'll look exactly like the Old West, with the Tuskens being like the Native Americans (Ooh now my mind is not looking at Anakin very well. He seems more like Andrew Jackson in my mind now. I hope Padme's involvement somehow leads to a peace, uneasy one as it probably would be, between the locals and the Tuskens.).

P.S: I also find Cleigg pretty hilarious. The family dynamics between the Skywalker-Lars family is interesting. It's already been stated and it pretty obvious that Anakin doesn't seem to have a all that great relationship with Cleigg, with everything going on, I'm interested in how the slight tension between the two and within the family due to Anakin's ambitious actions will lead to. An exploration with their relationship and more family dynamics is something I would so want to see and look forward too... if you ever come around to updating. I really really hope you DID NOT abandon this story, because I seriously can't help rereading it and can see this expand to a greater series. Though I can tell that after writing your previous Anakin series you're reluctant and weary/tired to continue this so I understand, though I don't like it. This fic will continue to be my all-time favorite. I feel it's very original. And I've fallen in love with the Tatooine community and with Anakin whom I've had a hard time understanding, though feel a great deal of sympathy for. You've put a new perspective of him for me, and I've been obsessed with him since!
novelreader chapter 18 . 10/18/2015
Dooku's a very lonely man isn't he. He's really human in this story, I like it. Poor Anakin, being the main focus for two Sith Lords, though in this fic, Dooku seems to, or want to, genuinely care about Anakin, but he still thinks of Anakin as a tool somewhat. I really wonder how Anakin is going to survive this... if you ever get around updating this story that is. For all we may know he may end up as Darth Vader anyway, but a person like me likes to think it'll end more or less happily for Anakin here than in the saga.
Guest chapter 24 . 10/15/2015
How dare you not continuing this story? Please :'(
novelreader chapter 3 . 10/14/2015
I wonder what his childhood endeavors were, the solutions and inventions that had terrible consequences. That's an interesting story plot, and in a way Lucas apparently shows how technology can cause terrible side affects in Star Wars, according to this article I read. It's old school but the thought of robots replacing people in simple jobs such as serving and cooking and law enforcement is kind of sad. Anakin has a very advanced mind, and is really great with technology but I hope he comes to appreciate the simple life he had lived even if it was marred by resentment for the Jedi leaving him and Civil War. I hope he comes to appreciate the primitive, honestly I seriously wonder how the Star Wars economy works in that universe. What kind of jobs do people have besides merchandising, assembly line, medic, construction.. etc. There's so much droids that one wonders. Maybe people spend most of their time putting droids together, like that's the common job there like working in fast food chain in this universe, at least in America anyway lol.
Guest chapter 13 . 9/19/2015
,man why couldn't you make anikin a sir kept reading on he's of that now thankfully i know so i won't have read more chapters
anonymous chapter 24 . 8/24/2015
Okay please again update. Want to see the four making the official contract on the water technology and everybody's reaction to it once they see it in action. I want to see how the technology works. What happens to Anakin after this? Where's Obi-Wan in all this? Anakin obviously have to leave home, will he remain in touch with his family.
I really do like Owen and Anakin's relationship in this one, I wish canon had a relationship or showed something of it in the movies because Luke ends up being raised by Owen and Owen seems real reluctant about Luke leaving off because of Anakin, at least that's how it seemed when I last watched 'A New Hope', it seemed Owen kind of had a relationship with Anakin though we don't really see any of that in the prequel movies. If Anakin does turn dark side or something awful happens to him, it would be understandable why Owen doesn't want Luke to leave Tatooine. Though I suppose even w/o a relationship considering he sees Luke as a son, he'd probably still be scared that Luke will join his father's fate.
Will Shmi still be alive in this AU? And I'm also looking forward to Sidious and Anakin meeting? I wonder how Anakin will escape his fate as a Sith this time?