Reviews for Too Old To Play With Dolls
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Spindles & apples.. LOL! Valid in all senses and strangely fits. Funny
featherdusterpixie chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
very sweet!

i love kaylee and river buddy fics!
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Very nice.
Karen chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Very well done! You really captured the characters quite well, though despite being a supergenius and a psychic, its sort of surprising that River knows how to put on makeup. A little more depth into the goings on might have been good, but given that this all supposedly happened in less than twenty minutes, hard to fit all that in. Overall, I give this five stars out of five :) Excellent work!
PadmeKSkywalker chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Aw, this was cute, and both girls were very much in character. I would have loved to see Kaylee getting ready for the party.
RionaEire chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
Cute and well written, "missing scenes" can be really neat and this was a nice one. I think you wrote River really well, you wrote her correctly and people can tell you that I'm sort of picky about this. I think River parroting that talk about appearances makes perfect sense, after all she probably heard it all through her young girl years being from fancy society and all. Kaylee is a good friend for River. I was slightly confused when Kaylee jumped back on the bed because she was startled, I wasn't sure where River came from, was she hiding under the bunk? It was unclear. I'm glad River helped Kaylee and the talk about dolls made sense since we are talking about the contrasts of good appearance and what people are really like, how much appearance is held up in society and how judgements are made by it. Cute story.

Riona
Delora2047 chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
I liked the characterization both of River and Kaylee. It makes sense that River would have learned to dress up for social occasions (even if she did not like to) while Kaylee, from a poorer background, would have a deep longing to be beautiful and 'play doll'.
jane0904 chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Very nice, and it almost makes up for Mal's thoughtless remark outside the dress shop!
Taylen-Swordbreaker chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
That was a nice little piece, i quite liked it. It fits well.