Reviews for Redemption
NanMcCullen chapter 9 . 3/4/2009
What a fabulous ending. I'm thinking that maybe he ends up changing Heather and has now found his new mate. I like that you made him an animal drinker and had him go into the police force to further redeem himself.

I actually had tears in my eyes at the end of this. Can't wait for the epilogue Lillie!
Nerdlee chapter 9 . 3/4/2009
Number 23 scared the hell out of me and made me impossibly sad for a moment. You really got me there. Thank you for a lovable James. I wanna kiss him and hold him sweetly now. Which is, admittedly, a rather strange reaction for most to have towards James. But yours is lovely. So broken and bleeding and twisted. I love it I love it I love it.

~Mia
Chel88 chapter 9 . 3/4/2009
Really, can you be more of an AMAZING writer? This had to be the best chapter out of all them in my opinion. I mean, they were all fantastic but this was the best.

I adored Edward in this chapter. I would've never expected him to be so kind and helpful towards James...especially after what he did to Bella. The things he told him!

And you really captured the emotion between Alice and James so beautifully.

Quite interesting that he became a police officer...instead of hurting people now, he's helping them...

I can't wait to read the epilogue...I want to see if anything will happen with this Heather girl...or not. Either way, I can't wait.

~Chel
DarkDefender89 chapter 9 . 3/4/2009
It is true, that there is usually a tradgedy behind the making of most bad-guys, and they weren't really bad. There are so many examples...Gollum, Slade, Lex Luther, et cetera, and they all did have their redeeming moment, but also there is a tradgedy behind goodguys, like Bruce Wayne, who you compared to Edward in this story, who lost his parents.

This story did a brilliant, haunting job of conveying that point, and that Edward and James are foils of each other and were both shaped by tradgedy. The change you made, though, was instead of Gollum redeeming himself by dying to save Frodo from becoming Gollum and saving Middle Earth, James redeems himself by saving lives but it isn't the end, and the beautiful prose in this story seems to be saying that it doesn't have to be, that dark dreams fade, that James can resurface, that anyone can.

I loved it. I love the bittersweet nature of James feelings for Alice and that Alice can't completely return the feelings but I can't help but feel it will never be the same again with Jasper; could Edward have moved on from Bella? But at the same time, the connection between Alice and Jasper is strong, and I know they will survive this, and I think a sequel in Alice's or Jasper's POV is necesary to show how Alice and Jasper carry on.
GabrielleNichole chapter 9 . 3/4/2009
Amazing. I am so glad I found this story. I'm happy that he found someone and the ending of this chapter was so sweet. I can't wait to read the epilogue. Thanks for taking out time in your life for writing this!

-GabrielleNichole
Jen2112 chapter 9 . 3/4/2009
A happily ever after...It makes me happy that James finally found something that could give his life meaning. It took me all the way up to this chapter to like him at all, I'm gonna miss this story after the epilogue, but I'm really happy you wrote it.
adorablecullens chapter 9 . 3/4/2009
I was very skeptical going into this fic, and I'm so glad I stuck with it. What a beautiful story you've woven here. Edward's talk with James was a lovely reflection of his character. I admit that I didn't see this particular ending coming (with James truly finding redemption), but it moved me to tears. If only real life brought this kind of redemption more often ...

Thank you for writing this.
herestolife222 chapter 9 . 3/4/2009
I have been looking forward to the continuation of the story and you did not disappoint. James' redemption was perfect, and I'm glad he chose the path that he did. I'm looking forward to your epilogue. I hope James finds some semblance of romantic happiness.
TheSpoiltOne chapter 6 . 2/27/2009
Great chapter! I can't wait to see what happens with james and jasper now!
Romance4ever chapter 8 . 2/24/2009
Wow- what a interesting story that was! I can't wait to read a great week!-Romance4ever-
Dragonsdeathangel chapter 8 . 2/21/2009
Aww...poor James. He had his heart broken. I wonder how the convo between Edward and James will go? Anyway I can't wait to read more.
Stephycats7785 chapter 8 . 2/19/2009
This is were it gets even more interesting.
mybigteddybearemmett chapter 8 . 2/19/2009
i'd love to help clean it off butterscotch is my favorite
borntodanceninefour chapter 8 . 2/19/2009
I really loved your explanation of the past! Especially the story of Victoria. It was nice to see her as a somewhat compassionate person. I'm just sorry that she tried to love James, but he didn't reciprocate the feelings.

I wonder why Edward reacted like that. I can't wait to find out.

I really wonder what Jasper thinks of all of this right now.

Woot! Now I'm all caught up on this one! :P

Please update soon.

Until next time,

Xoxo,

Michelle :D
borntodanceninefour chapter 7 . 2/19/2009
I feel so bad for Rosalie. She had to listen to that, after knowing her own past. I'm surprised Emmett even attempted to suppress her lunges.

James has no excuse for doing that. Even after seeing Alice with Jasper, he had no right to do that to someone.

Xoxo,