Reviews for The Garden
youthere chapter 6 . 1/21/2009
"A romp in the sack with a demon and trying to trade places in hell for his brother’s freedom may have been what Sam did. Broadening his horizons and opening his mind to the supernatural may have been the game Sam played. But what happened to Sam, what changed Sam, he was still keeping that locked tight."- really liked that...

The whole "Maybe I deserved it"- conversation was a kick in the gut- the good kind.

I really loved how Dean can't find the snake's head, can't find the source of their misery, the key to saving his brother, or really, them both. The scene has a lovely surreal sense of helplessness and desperation to it.

And no more figurative running for Sam- he's gotten to the point where he needs to run for real- 'bout time, too :)

"...hands and face a filthy mess from tears and dirt and fear." I really liked this line.

The list of freaky things they've fought at the end was a great way to lighten the mood a little before closing the story (can't go to sleep on a full stomach...) and Sam suddenly confessing to missing John felt very real, and right for the scene. It's been long enough so that it's not the main source of pain, but we never really stop missing the people we loose.

This was a really good one, my favorite one of yours so far.
gidgetgal9 chapter 5 . 1/20/2009
Wow, what an interesting and inventive way to destroy Cher- poison apples- I like it! Oh and she just had to get one parting shot in- stabbing Dean! I loved Sam's use of plants to care for his brother's wound- great stuff here! :0) Gidget
gidgetgal9 chapter 4 . 1/20/2009
Your a plot bunny genius! Wow, the garden was THE GARDEN and Sonny and Cher - good and evil- that blew my mind! I love it- kudos to you girl! I can't wait to dive into more of this! :0) Gidget
BlueEyedDemonLiz chapter 6 . 1/20/2009
Wonderful ending. I'll do my impression of a broken record by saying once again how much I loved your imagery. You have one heck of an imagination and your stories are refreshingly original and thoroughly enjoyable.

And on a personal shallow note, you whump Sam so I love you heaps.

Liz x

I hope you'll post more stories soon, don't be a stranger. And I'll continue to try and not be any stranger. : D
TraSan chapter 6 . 1/19/2009
Okay, I already had the whole, pressure behind the eyes, prequel to tears thing going on - but your AN dedicating the fic to your mom...did me in. :)

Excellent wrap to an emotionally gripping story.

Thanks for writing.
mycherrypie chapter 6 . 1/19/2009
I actually reread the previous chapter. This has been such a great story to read. I loved all your twists. They were captivating and legitimately surprising. It was a great tale. Lots of action, great original characters, some mythology, brotherly angst - humor - and love.

I LOVED IT! Thanks for thinking of it!
Maz101 chapter 6 . 1/19/2009
Congratulations on your great story. I'm so pleased to see so many other readers agree.

You got the brothers so right and wrapped them in a tight plot, brought alive through great description and characterisation.

It's a winner, with all its style, its colour, its layers and its apostrophes! Looking forward to the next. X
cozmikfaerie chapter 6 . 1/19/2009
this was an amazing story to read, the ending was brilliant, and funny and sad...I truly enjoyed reading the tapestry woven from your words!
rosebud98 chapter 6 . 1/19/2009
loved the end to this, great message - LOVED IT!

Loved Dean following the serpent, doing what he could do to save Sam, loved the heartbreak he experienced, not even considering losing Sam as an option.

"the fourteen inch head of the snake" was so cool and then you cut to the Christmas flashback (which was heartbreaking, too) and I was like, "WHAT?"

Sam's breakdown was awesome. I wish the show would go there once. Just once.

GREAT FIC! GREAT!
gidgetgal9 chapter 3 . 1/19/2009
So, I'm playing catch up as usual! I really liked Sonny and Cher and then- well I don't know where you're heading with this, but it can't be good! Can't wait to read more soon! Gidget
leahcim chapter 6 . 1/19/2009
Whew. Another great story. Really enjoyed this. I thought the serpent was great - and I loved the line with Sam and Dean 'I think this is the serpent' 'It's a snake, Sam' 'A serpent is a snake, Dean.'

Nice job with the snake. I felt the smothering, I was nervous for Sam. I really liked the weaving of Dean trying to get the coils off Sam and then the flashbacks of Sam telling Dean he couldn't save him.

Then the reveal from Sam. Nicely, nicely done. Lots of truths, but not going over the top.

Great story, loved the end with the past monsters. I smiled.
Klutzygirl33 chapter 6 . 1/19/2009
Great ending. I love "Take it Easy". Not as much as "Take It To The Limit" or "Lyin' Eyes", but I still love it. I loved the boys talking at the end.

No matter how many times I watch it, I still laugh during the cat in a locker scene. (I also watch Jensen rocking out to Eye of the Tiger repeatedly.)

I really can't wait to read what you write next.
vonnie836 chapter 6 . 1/18/2009
Wow, so much to digest. Sam chooses to give himself to the snake because he can't life without Dean, again. But there is clearly more to it, as his guilt is eating him up. And obviously Cher has managed to encourage his thoughts of being condemned even more. And once again Dean shows, he is not willing to give up on his little brother. Not only does he save his physical life, but he gets him to finally open up and talk about what burdens him most. And so we have black and white and we have gray and in the end the brothers walk out, stronger than before. Light and darkness in each of them just like in everyone else. I loved the tribute to you mom. And I liked this for a Christmas story, different but isn't Christmas about new hope and gifts? Sam got Dean back but it also worked the other way around and hope can grow again, because they are together. Definitely an excellent story and although I adore your other ones before this, I have to say, this one has to be my favorite. Hope you sit down and write more, so I can make you giggle again. Hugs and stay warm, Vonnie
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 6 . 1/18/2009
This was an incredible wrap up. I think it was a great Christmas story.
apieceofcake chapter 6 . 1/18/2009
Have enjoyed, thank you :-)
101 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »