Reviews for The Garden
vonnie836 chapter 5 . 1/17/2009
Dean tried to kill Sam, again. Only again it wasn't Dean as we knowing but evil overwhelming him. Sam not fighting back, just allowing it to happen. Sonny killing himself to kill Cher. No evil without good. I'm thinking about the ying and yang tattoo on Cher. Bet you did that one on purpose. Now I'm just glad Cher didn't manage to kill Dean and Sam remembered his training and was able to use plants and herbs to still the bleeding. And just when you think all things are better, Sam hears the slither and something like "choose". Evil is always tempting, it never will give up. Great chapter. Hope I got you giggling again. Hugs, Vonnie
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 5 . 1/17/2009
Awesome update. What a clever and unique story this has been.
leahcim chapter 5 . 1/17/2009
Girl, you really got me going.

I loved the whole chapter.

My particular fave, though was Sam pulling the knife out of Dean and Dean saying, 'Aw, fuck' and then the whole rib thing. Cracked me up.

Great angst. That Christmas scene almost broke me up.
cozmikfaerie chapter 5 . 1/17/2009
I think that this is an amazing story! It had the twists and turns of a mystery novel, and great supernatural elements, and I just LOVED it!
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 5 . 1/17/2009
OMG! this fic is just awesome

I LOVED all the details on how Sam was hurt and this line really jumped out at me- i loved it

Sam let out a relieved sigh as his head bobbed back up. Two tears silently ran down his cheeks. Sam’s right hand opened and the knife he’d had gripped so tightly fell like lead to the ground

AW

absoloutley amazingly written hun!

brilliant idea x

rosebud98 chapter 5 . 1/17/2009
WOW! Seriously? One more chapter? I don't want this to end...

Loved how Dean didn't want to kill Sam, but it was going to feel so good and Sam's tears.

Loved the Christmas flashback. LOVED THAT! That was so fresh and painful off of Jessica's death and you NAILED IT!

Loved the dagger flying in the air and piercing Dean - I was shocked!

Loved the way Cher died and then Sonny's demise. So, so, so good!

Loved how Sam remembered how to use the nature to cure his brother.

Loved "Oh, shit and "Aw, fuck" when Dean knew he was going to have the knife pulled out.

The banter was great!

Loved how Sam wanted to throw his hands away, just like the weapons they carried.

Great, Great, GREAT!
Zatnikatel chapter 5 . 1/17/2009
Just wonderful…

“Sam didn’t fucking know. Didn’t know what he gave up for his stupid-ass demonic brother. Didn’t know the unimaginable torture he endured. Didn’t know how lost he felt inside. How wrong he felt. How he had already seen and lived and become real evil. That it can possess your heart. That it can warm it.

He wanted to slice his brother’s goddamn throat. Wanted Sam to feel the coldness at his hands and wanted him to know what one fucking day was like for him. Being filleted like a fish by those who were once human. Skinned like an animal by those who had forgotten. Mocked and ridiculed by those who he had once destroyed. He wanted Sam to know what it was like giving your life up for the person he loved more than anyone just to be shit on.”

That is one of the best accounts of Dean’s state of mind after hell that I have ever read, by a country mile! And it totally fits with canon too, given the revelation at the end of 4/11…
youthere chapter 5 . 1/17/2009
Uh oh- it's not over, is it? *bites fingernails*

Loved the ankle blade in the sock drawer :)
mycherrypie chapter 5 . 1/17/2009
Again. There is so much to cover here. First, Cher is so bad - you played her so good. When she was telling Sonny that she let him win, that was just, well, evil!

And then the way Sonny destroys her. That was sick! Throwing up whole shiny, red apples! Sick! And COOL! AND SICK! I felt it.

Then the knife flies and wtf?

Then I cried. I cried over that flashback of Christmas! OMFG. I hurt. I cried and had to take a break and then BAM!

She stabbed DEAN! DEAN? And then Sonny dies with some weird warning.

Sam pulls himself together and uses nature - and pot (ha) - to save Dean, Dean is okay, they're back in business trying to get back to the trail and what is in the garden with them still? Is it a snake? Why does it talk?

SO GOD!
Klutzygirl33 chapter 5 . 1/17/2009
Great chapter. I can't wait to find out what happens next, now that Sonny and Cher are gone.
youthere chapter 4 . 1/17/2009
See, here's why I haven't reviewed this chapter yet. I had to get y opinion of it into coherent sentences :) I think the best I can come up with is: *Stares at computer screen with jaw on floor*

The whole time I've been thinking "Wow! This garden's so mysterious, and something's slithering around in it, like a snake or something. Like THE garden. What a cool reference!" Not once did it occur to me that it actually WAS - THE Garden! Again: jaw on floor.

This whole chapter's just gorgeously written. Still loved:

“I’m sure you have a lot of questions for me.”

God, did he ever.

Dean swallowed, flashing a feral smile. “Just one. Where the fuck is my brother?”

I loved that Good has a "blind spot". The fact that "Good" was willing to play games with innocent people reminds me of the Angels in canon- nobody is really Good, it's all shades of grey.

"Maybe these guys will actually survive my story!", huh? Well, I guess it's kinda hard to kill them... I must confess, hun: I didn't quite believe you when you said that :)
youthere chapter 3 . 1/17/2009
First of all, this has to be one of the most puzzling cliffies I've ever come across. I literally walked around the entire time between this chap and the next, going "Well wtf is Sonny?.. WTF?"

I really liked the brothers' meeting with Julie

"Well, we..."

"Had chili..."

"And later..."

"Maybe a movie..."

"Staying up the road..."

"Nice place..."

"The Garden..."

"Not sure about tomorrow..."

-just lovely. Spot on.

Also, you're one of the few people I've read who can successfully blend lyrics into their writing. Maybe it's just me, but I hardly ever like it... always seems to interfere with the flow of the text. You, on the other hand don't only make it work, you make it rock!

Lovely update :)
casammy.armoasantander019gmai chapter 4 . 1/16/2009
pronto la continuacion x fa dean rescatando a sammy y venciendo al mal q quiere lastimar a su hermano bebe es tan tierno
leahcim chapter 4 . 1/16/2009
Great twist. Really spooky. Didn't see any of this coming from the beginning of this story until now. Very surprising!

Really like the flashbacks.

Good and Evil. Jesus.
rosebud98 chapter 4 . 1/16/2009
Crap. You are going in deep here. The Garden of Good and Evil and Good and Evil are in the flesh?

Oh. My. GOD!

I love the switch with both Sonny and Cher. Sonny very honest, telling his story and Cher so wicked and tempting to Sam. Then I started rereading some of your passages from the chapters before, Cher describes Sonny as a "goody two shoes" and "Superman, thinks he can save the world" Sonny describes Cher as "pure evil" and "ugly mean". You were dropping hints all along. Even the first song in the restaurant "Fire" mentions "Sampson and Delilah" "Romeo and Juliet". You are crafty. And how when Cher first saw the brothers, she soaked them in and even her first words, "Holy shit."

You're god...