Reviews for Coming Around
cheride chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
“I told Milt that I want nothing to do with his crazy scheme, not this time. If he so much as steps into my office, I’m having him arrested.”

I love that! Not just because it seems like the perfect Harper threat-even if he wouldn't really carry it out- but also because, as others have said, it creates a perfectly plausible reason why the guy who seemed to have been around forever didn't show up for the longest time.

Thanks for giving us this look both back and forward, and for showing us a bit more of Claudia, who's rapidly becoming very interesting to me.
e-pony chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
Looks like I got back to reading just in time! Good to see you back, Liz, and to read a new fic by you. In a few short words, you develop a gentle, affectionate relationship between Claudia and Mark and provide answers to a few well-pondered H&McC conundrums. Nice work!

Pony
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
Going back and forth from a while back then update a bit its nice reading all of these.

It's always interesting going back inside there heads in time learning how things could have gone and what they were thinking at one time or other.

I just love reading all these stories.

JeanneZ84
302pilot chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Thanks so much for the very plausible explanation as to why Carleton was the 'LT of choice' for the first 2 seasons. and of course, anything with Frank and Claudia is a winner for me. I love the relationship McC and Claudia share. Thanks so much for sharing!

Ceebee
Jaz22 chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
I've always like Claudia, mostly due to the fleshing out she's had in fanfics such as this one. A nice use of past and present, and very believable, that Frank and his wife would be hesitant to trust 'the next one'. I liked seeing their initial impressions coming around. I also liked the thought of Mark's nervousness that the judge might actually miss his graduation - so glad that wasn't the case!

Thanks for sharing.
owlcroft chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
This has been a banner week for our fic-dom and what a pleasure to see one of the long-time writers getting a chance to contribute. Sorry you missed the earlier challenges, but I'm awfully glad you contributed to this one.

I've always said Frank Harper improves a story, and now it's starting to look like Claudia does, too. I liked the leaps in time forward and back, and lots of very nice images throughout, including details like the blue and white checked towel. Always a pleasure!
Georgi1961 chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Oh, finally somebody explained to me why we didn't see Frank for the entire first season. "If he so much as steps into my office I'm having him arrested." This was WONDERFUL! I really love Claudia, and can't wait to read more about her life with Frank and our boys.

Thanks for more history-and a glimpse ahead. You really know your stuff.
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Hey, it's not too late to go back and do the other challenges-no closing dates on them at all. ;-) But, in the meantime, thanks for another scene with Claudia, who lies like a trouper but only with the best of intentions.

For a character who only had a couple voice-over words in the Canon, I really like how she's come along. And this was a very nice look at how she and Frank might've needed winning over by McCormick. I especially like the little reference to just why Frank might not have made himself very available to his old friend back in the early days of the series.