Reviews for The Weekend Project
KomodoClassic chapter 17 . 12/28/2014
Loved this story! Fast-paced, multiple situations happening at once, awesome happening everywhere! Great job!
Plus, Iruka being awesome, always a plus.
general zargon chapter 17 . 11/14/2014
Hm, this is a great story, even if there were still a lot of unanswered questions - the least of which is: what was the ultimate fate of the messenger hawks? I noticed a couple of typos in each chapter, but I guess they weren't really major, and I was able to enjoy the story regardless. Love the idea of Iruka saving kids and then raising and teaching them! Also, that one line of Iruka's before he passed out in the last chapter? Sheer. Brilliance. XD I hope you decide to write more for this fandom, and for Iruka and Kakashi!
Geminia chapter 17 . 7/1/2014
Beautiful story!

Gemini
Geminia chapter 14 . 7/1/2014
Forget burning his books, if the Hokage or Sakura wants Kakashi to do something they should just threaten to relegate him to teaching Academy students for a year!

Gemini
Guest chapter 17 . 5/28/2014
SWEET STORY!
Guest chapter 16 . 5/28/2014
FUNNY AS HECK!
Devil Goddess mimi chapter 17 . 2/21/2014
I love the story and i love the way you write.
HopefullyNot chapter 17 . 7/27/2013
This story is soooo worth it. :D
Viviane Renard chapter 17 . 4/6/2013
Fun fast-paced story. My favorite line has to be this one, it had me laughing:

Taking in the grey hair and the face mask, Iruka said the only thing that his weary brain could come up with at the moment. "Kakashi-sensei, huh? ...so that's what took so long."
Isilarma chapter 17 . 9/2/2012
I loved this story. You wrote Iruka brilliantly.
Seventeenth Shenanigan chapter 17 . 5/27/2012
aaah, i love this story...w
Crystal M. Key chapter 17 . 4/19/2012
That was a fun story, fast-paced and suspenseful. I like it! Favorite quotes:

Eyes rolled behind the white mask as the ANBU guard assigned to the Hokage saw the most recent arrival at the tower. Light glinting off of silver hair, one visible eye turned up in an odd sort of smile as the legendary Copy Ninja – alias 'brat', alias 'royal pain in the ass', alias 'lazy bum', alias 'pervert' and so on and so forth – walked casually into the room. Hatake, Kakashi seemed to be completely unaware of the fact that he was nearly two hours late to meet his leader.

The masked man waved cheerfully, actually taking his nose out of the orange book in his hands for a moment while he greeted his former squad-mate. "Yo."

Heron dutifully suppressed a sigh, choosing instead to gesture briefly towards the door. "She is not in a good mood, Kakashi-san." Heron warned, but as always, the Copy Nin just appeared to wave the advice away.

The man strolled in, dipping his head in a brief acknowledgement before nearly falling into the chair in front of the Hokage's desk. Heron closed the door as Kakashi slouched in the chair, unhurriedly propping his chin on one hand.

There was silence in the room for all of about five seconds, which was only to be expected. Kakashi internally braced himself for the explosion – that never came. That… was worrisome. His visible eye narrowed slightly.

Tsunade looked up from the papers in front of her, her voice unusually serious. "You're not going to like this, Kakashi." His leader warned.

Kakashi felt something inside of him begin to grow cold as he straightened in his chair. This wasn't good. There was no mischief in her eyes, no smug grin that should have accompanied those words. And she had called him by name.

'Damn,' he thought. 'This is going to be one of those "this is going to hurt" not-going-to-like-this, not just the usual "this is going to be humiliating" not-going-to-like-this, isn't it?'

To Kakashi, that actually made sense.

The next place he stopped was a small medical clinic, using the excuse of stocking up on another roll or two of gauze for his first aid kit.

As he paid for the roll, the girl behind the counter spoke, her tone flat and her words obviously forced. "If I may ask, what brings you to Kunruya, shinobi-san?"

Kakashi hesitated, but something in him screamed that lying to these people would be a Very Bad Idea. He had learned through the years that his instincts were usually right, so he followed them again. "I'm looking for someone, medic-san." His voice was unusually gentle, noting the sudden fear that flashed in the girl's eyes when he reached into his vest pocket.

He also noted the recognition, even as she relaxed – only a little – when he pulled out a piece of paper, and set the photograph on the counter. Kakashi pushed carefully, ever mindful of the body language of those around him. "It's important that I find this man. Is there any chance that you could help me?"

The girl bit her lip, grey eyes flickering between the photograph and Kakashi himself. "Is… is he in trouble?" she nearly whispered.

Again, Kakashi followed the instincts insisting that lies would not go over well here. "Not yet. But if I can't find him, then he will be."

Yori looked up, startled as he heard a laughing voice call out. "Hey, give that back! Come! Sit! Wait!" Two seconds later, and the man fought to hide his smile as a small white puppy raced around the corner, holding a sock and being chased by a dark haired boy.

Yori reached out, scooping up the puppy and holding it out to the breathless boy. "Looking for this?" he asked, lips twitching in amusement.

"Yeah, thanks. Akamaru here hasn't quite learned that 'drop it' doesn't mean 'let's play tag'." The boy, probably about thirteen or so, smiled as he tugged the sock away and took his puppy back. "I'm Kiba, by the way. I'm here with… uh, crud. Where'd they go?"

Yori couldn't help but laugh as the boy twisted this way and that, obviously looking for whoever he was talking about. "Uh, okay… anyway, I'm here with my aunt and my two cousins, so… I'd better go find them. Thanks again, bye."

As the pair took off down the street, Kiba gave Akamaru a quick grin. 'Phase one: harmless introduction – successful' he thought.

Kakashi walked into Janga, his head held up and his eyes carefully observant. He kept his footsteps light, his posture straight, deliberately moving with the confidence of his ANBU persona but the approachable air of his scatterbrained appearance.

And finally, finally, he got the kind of reaction he was accustomed to. The people turned and stared, pointing him out to one another, but there was no fear, no anger. Only a more familiar – and infinitely preferred – surprise and awe.

The pair walked quietly down the street, the girl cooing softly over window displays in some of the shops. The boy beside her wore the long-suffering look common to males dragged along on female shopping trips.

A ruckus down the street caught both of their attention, causing the teens to turn. A third teenager, another boy, came barreling down the street. His face flushed and with a puppy trailing close on his heels, the boy skidded to a stop in front of the pair.

"Hey, Hinata, Shino." The boy panted, drawing the attention of the shopkeepers nearby. "Aunt Kurenai said to tell you guys that we're gonna meet up for lunch at the hotel."

The taller boy, Shino, spoke. "And you had to run all this way just to tell us that?"

The other boy grinned. "Nope, just wanted to run. Besides, Akamaru here could use the excuse to burn off energy."

As Hinata giggled softly, Shino abruptly smirked. "In that case" he handed Kiba the two bags he had been carrying. "/You/ can continue shopping here. It will help burn energy."

And as Kiba gaped, Shino walked away. More than one of the adults nearby snickered.

Kakashi scowled as he flung himself forward, ignoring the little stings of the branches and leaves he charged through. He grit his teeth as that killing intent flared again from somewhere ahead of him. Coming up on his right, Kurenai twisted her hands in silent battle-signs. "I retrieve ally" the gesture said. Kakashi nodded his approval - Kurenai would grab Umino, and Kakashi would get first dibs on whoever was fighting the Chunin. Ensuring the younger man's return was his mission, after all. Not to mention that Naruto would pout if he didn't.

His mind finally catching up with his eyes, Iruka looked from Kurenai's concerned face over to the Jounin pair locked in battle. Taking in the grey hair and the face mask, Iruka said the only thing that his weary brain could come up with at the moment. "Kakashi-sensei, huh? …so that's what took so long."

Kurenai was so busy choking on her laughter that she almost didn't catch the teacher when he collapsed.

A high, piercing sound was the first thing to register in his mind, followed closely by the fuzzy numbness that told him that he should be in pain, but someone - 'bless them' he thought - had medicated him enough that it wasn't enough to disturb him. He took a deeper breath, only to choke slightly on the sharp bite of antiseptic. 'I'm… in a hospital.' he realized. And then he heard the hitch of a quickly indrawn breath, and the rustle of cloth as someone nearby moved abruptly.

"No, don't!" hissed a familiar voice, clearly trying - and failing - to be very quiet. Iruka concentrated, bending his will to force his eyes to open. Brown eyes opened - and immediately slammed shut again. The teacher carefully took another deep breath, and then slowly opened his eyes again. For the second time in as many minutes, he was nearly blinded by a riot of color. Two blobs of yellow, a blur of orange, a splash of pink and blaze of red, and… relieved, his eyes settled on the figure to the far left.

Brown hair, faded dark green shirt and black jeans. And a startlingly familiar tanned face. "Makoto?" the Chunin questioned, his voice as hazy as his thoughts.

The eight year old grinned, relief washing over his face as he nodded eagerly. "Yeah, Sensei, it's me." A squeal and a blur of movement snapped the teacher's gaze to the other three figures near his bed just in time to see Naruto set a toddler quickly on the ground and both boys try and dash towards him. Keyword, try - because Sakura and Makoto both snatched hold of their respective charges' shirts to keep the overexcited blonds from jumping onto the hospital bed.

"Sensei!" Taro whined, his little hands stretched out towards the bed.

"Sakura-chaan!" Naruto whined, sounding so like the four year old that Iruka couldn't help but chuckle - which promply turned into a gasp as the action shot fire along his ribs. 'Oh, right' he reminded himself, 'I fought Joji, didn't I? …Yeah, let's never do that again.'

"Hatake-san messed up his hand, but I swear that he's happy about it - something about not being able to write reports? And… the Hokage said that she was going to have to think about what she's going to do with us."

Iruka bristled, immediately struggling to get up. All of the children protested, of course, but he silenced them with a look. "I am going to speak with the Hokage." He declared, his voice deceptively quiet.

His students shivered, Naruto instinctively inching away from his teacher's most dangerous tone. "Yes, Sensei." the blond murmured, his voice obviously cowed.
yarra chapter 17 . 9/27/2011
And this is why I hate Masashi Kishimoto. There is never enough Iruka-Awesomeness in the canon.
librarycat9 chapter 17 . 9/9/2011
This was amazing :D I can't help but wonder how things would have turned out if Iruka WAS allowed to take Sasuke and Naruto Home...
Cardboard Bike chapter 17 . 8/5/2011
That was an incredibly entertaining read. Although it gets very confusing because it all runs together, would work a lot better if you had scene breaks.

"Kakashi-sensei, huh? ...so that's what took so long." - is possibly one of my favourite lines ever. Made me giggle.