Reviews for The Last Picture Show
lucablue chapter 5 . 1/28/2009
I loved your story - it was so good to read a ghost story!

The way you write Sam and Dean is perfect and the insight into how they are both feeling rings so true. The snarkasm and banter, as well as the way they just read each other is so true to character and not always so easy to write believably. Excellent dialogue!

I also liked (loved) the angsty introspect without making either Sam or Dean seem too dramatic or wussy and yay...finally someone who doesn't write Sam like a dick! Okay there are a few authors that can manage it and you are officially on the list.

I haven't read much on ff lately for several reasons but I'm glad I found your story.

Thanx for sharing this!

lb.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 5 . 1/26/2009
hahaah!

OMG HUN! this was awesome!

i LOVED IT!

haha really amazing fic Sue hun! i loved the detail omg...your desription and wow!

omg gotta say hun this is DEFINATLEY one of my faves of yours!

absoloutley brilliantly written!

nice work love xx

haha!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 5 . 1/17/2009
Sad, but I like your emphasis on faith. I'd like that for them, too.

Good story! And I really like that you use real legends. Adds an additional layer for sure.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 4 . 1/17/2009
Evil cliffhanger girl!

I have mixed feelings about other hunters knowing about Dean's angel ties. On the one hand, yeah, if they know he was dead and now isn't, angels are better than thinking he's a revenant or possessed or something. On the other, that's a pretty personal detail for anyone outside their circle to know, and I'm surprised any of them would have told others. I guess I assumed other hunters didn't even know of Dean's demise, at least not for sure...
K Hanna Korossy chapter 3 . 1/17/2009
That's...really a neat idea. Very original, and it makes sense. Cool!

And forgot to say, I kinda like that Dean told the old man the truth. I can see how some people would just hit him like that.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 2 . 1/17/2009
Cool OCs; I like them both. And I kinda like that Sam isn't a monk in this like he is in so many fics. I'm sure he would notice Kim's, uh, assets, and be a guy about it sometimes. I also like that Dean is proud of him when he is and doesn't try to horn in; he let Sam have girl duty this time. Small things but fun, and in a twisted way, sweet.
K Hanna Korossy chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
Sam's answer to Dean is one of the best I've seen. It's in character and I can't think of any way he could have said it better. Great job.

I also love your observations on Sam driving, and Dean's flip "many forms of Hell." And Dean's totally right about a haunted theatre being a vacation only for them!
annie200 chapter 5 . 1/14/2009
Neatly tied up story and I liked how you tied Gabe's belief into the Winchesters' doubts, especially these lines:

They certainly weren’t what Sam had been expecting. He doubted they even came close to what could command Dean’s belief.

It's part of the mastery of Kripke IMO that even though we're dealing with deomons and angels they don't fit the stereotypes: Ruby good(ish), Uriel bad. And you have captured thoses nuances really well in this last chapter. Looking forward to your next story.
apieceofcake chapter 5 . 1/14/2009
Enjoyed, thank you :-)
ukfan101 chapter 5 . 1/14/2009
Nice angsty thoughts of Sam in the end. Well written story, liked it alot. Great line "Despite the fact that he had been saved, his salvation had come with a price and Sam suspected that price had something to do with him. He wasn’t sure Dean would be able to pay it when it all came down. He wasn’t sure either of them could."
JKRichards chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
wow.I don't usually review before I've read all the posted chapters, but this is so well-written that I just had to give feedback. Very nice work. I am now on to read the next chapter!
PADavis chapter 5 . 1/13/2009
Great wrap up - and under the wire. You made it before episode although I'm pretty sure you meant Thursday. Really enjoyed Sam's thoughts at the end. You have a lot of depth there that I really appreciated.

Phoebe
Zubeneschamali chapter 5 . 1/13/2009
Great story! Glad you didn't leave Sam swinging on that rope for too long. :) One minor complaint: we didn't get to see Sam say goodbye to Kim. Otherwise, I enjoyed it a lot!
masondixon chapter 5 . 1/13/2009
Thank you for another good story. I guess Edward was just an evil person all along. I look forward to the return of the show and also (greedily) another story from you in the near future. Thank You.
staceycj chapter 5 . 1/13/2009
Good story! I really enjoyed your characterization of Dean.
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »