Reviews for Mathoms
Lialathuveril chapter 3 . 5/16/2009
I missed this earlier! You're really good at giving a single moment and giving it depth. Though I'm still hoping to get the whole story one day!

Haarajot chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Well, it's nice to write my thanks here too!

I love the way you describe Eorl.

Thanks again.
Deandra chapter 3 . 4/28/2009
Hm, interesting subject but very well presented. There are all kinds of questions lurking about Rohan that Tolkien never answered for us, but then maybe that's why God invented fan fiction!

At any rate, I'm back so you can send me things again!

Charli800 chapter 2 . 3/28/2009
You've made me grin; this is very entertaining. Your prose is wonderfully concise, which works well here: better than many authors manage in these very short works.

I feel bound to object that there is evidence that men would have been usin forks by the time of the war of the ring, but I think you may be given a little artistic license. It's just worth noticing.

Happy writing,

Charli
Charli800 chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
This is amusing, and very true. It's nice to see a tale of Éorl, too, even if it's just a drabble. I enjoyed it.
Lialathuveril chapter 2 . 3/24/2009
Oh, so you wrote this drabble after all. Very nice! I also liked the allusion to the little Mermaid (one of my youngest daughter's favourite films). Very funny!

Deandra chapter 2 . 3/23/2009
“Me!” Éothain hissed under his breath. “I use my fingers.”

Oh, you gotta love Eothain! Though likely Eomer is thinking that very thing, even if he can't say it!

These are delightful.

FYI, more feedback on your feedback coming soon. Don't know if you've spurred my inspiration on the story, but at least you've spurred my researching details of it! *lol*

Clodia chapter 2 . 3/23/2009
Lovely! A wonderful explanation for forks. Nice evocation of both Dwarven practicality and love for gold - and I particularly like the gibe at the Elves at the end. Thanks!
Alquawende chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
Very funny! Nice to read something about Eorl the Young. :)
Lialathuveril chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
This had me laughing out loud. I've witnessed a few moments like this with my husband, who has the tendency to nod politely even when he doesn't quite understand.

Very funny!

Deandra chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Oh, that's a hoot! Now about that bridge in Brooklyn, King Eorl... Luckily for them, it does get better farther in.

And you did very well without a beta! The only thing I think I would change is to have you add a comma in the first paragraph after the word "Mark".

Nicely done - we don't often see anything written of this period.