Reviews for The Prayer of Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg
Pmpankajmshrgmail.com chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
Ohh . God please give all heavenly hapynes to the Gret connel stafanberg. . He was true patriot of Germany .nd all hell for hitler.
TroyAnn Lovejoy Chappell chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
What can I say? What a wonderful human being he was! He has said it all. I only hope that if I were ever in his situation, I would be half as brave as he was. I wish I could have known him.

I know his wife has already passed on, but I hope that his children will know of the tremendous outpouring of love that many of us have for him & her & them.

I will never forget him & I do always pass on my knowledge of him to all others I meet that don't already know of him & those that worked with him, as well as those other resistance fighters.

So many Germans were not like Hitler & we must never forget that!

Thank You for giving us his words. TroyAnn L. Chappell
theauthyyahoo.com chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
As a blood relative, (I could prove it, so don't knock it, the photos and paperwork on the family tree are temporarily in storage (*)_(*)), I have to say... THIS ROCKS! If I spoke German, I'd help, but I'm still learning. However, I do have a few friends and family who might be able to help if you're interested.

I make no promises. My sister, who speaks more then I do, is busy with school, and my uncle sort of refuses to talk to my dad, and by association, me, but I can give it a shot if you like.
JohnZakheavPrice chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
...and i am a Filipino, and i love Germany, but my idiot classmates think they still Nazis.
JohnZakhaevPrice chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
Man, Rammstein could make something outta this! THis will shut those idiots who think all Germans are Nazis up real good, like a zipper in a pair 'o jeans. Good Job, Mein Kamerad, Deutschland Uber Alles!
deansbabygirl934 chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
that was wonderful! i am myself of german decent and was proud to watch our heros try and bring about a change... my husband learned something new when watching that movie...i think your story was beautiful and i think he would have been proud to see it written like this...what a way to remember someone! good job!
Obsidian Skye chapter 1 . 8/11/2009
Starkly written! You captured Stauffenberg's emotions beautifully! He is one of the unsung heroes of history, along all the others in the July 20th assassination attempt. Der Oberst has been on the top ten list of mine of favorite historical figures...and we share a birthday! Thank you!
Miss3y chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Aw... this is a touching entry, really. I'd love to translate it into German for you, but I'm not sure how long it would take, with finals and everything going on now. If you'd like, email me about it.
Erebourne chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
OMV, you did an AMAZING job! It literally brought tears to my eyes.
furnilicous chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
omg i love valkyrie such a great movie love tome cruise

oh and i love this update soon
it'sjustyouandmeandtherain chapter 1 . 2/8/2009
I very much like the way you describe von Stauffenberg's thoughts and the way you bring in some German words. Aside from a few typos it was really very, very well written!

If you haven't already found somebody to translate this into German for you, I would love to do so. I live in Austria so German is my first and every day language. Please let me know if you would like me to help you with this. I would feel honoured if you did!

PS.:It's "Es lebe das heilige Deutschland", you could only use "heiligeS Deutschland" without "das"...hope that made sense to you;)
Morgan5318 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
I was impressed with this story. Although of similar nature to one by ElvenSailorGirl, your take on von Sauffenberg's thoughts and prayers gave a totally different viewpoint. I like both these stories, and have no wish to compare them; that would be like comparing apples and oranges. Both are well-written and both draw attention to the thoughts of a brave, determined man. I enjoyed reading both these stories.

I like the German used herein. It was not intrusive and gave the story a unique flavor. Much like the opening segment of the movie, where it starts out in German then segues into English. I was impressed by the opening, and equally so with how you handled the languages.

Thank you for an excellent read. Over all, I'm very impressed with the maturity and skill with which these stories have been written. Kudos.
ElvenSailorGirl chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
I'm glad to see someone else thought to do a take on this (personally I think I like yours better than my own, but that's neither here nor there).

I love how the German snippets don't take away from this but rather add to it, and I love the language you used. It's lovely. I see a few typos (mostly missed capitalization and a couple of spacing issues) but overall, that isn't throwing.

In my opinion, this is a lovely take on his mindset, and I wish I had the German skills to translate but my German is all but non-existent.

Thank you for posting this, I quite enjoyed it.