Reviews for In The Eyes
finely written.
Allie Martha chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
Once again wonderful.

Favorite part:

Especially not when someone younger, and with much more to live for, could - and he knew that the Colonel would, and therefore, so would he.

You write so well ,the style flows...

and this is how I imagined Olbrict's thinking.

For me Olbricht's death scene was even more powerful than Stauffenberg's... don't exacly know why but it definatly had something to do with what you described in the story, how just seconds before the shot, a bit of that scared man turned into something else.

I could practilly see him going over Stauffenberg's words, and you put it into words in such a great way.

Some of the Rolf part was a bit too much in my opinion, just a twing too much.

But otherwise, really great piece.
LadyTilBug chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
Wow! Once again i find my self impressed by your work! Seriously a very moving piece of literary work! Incredible job! I am at a loss for words! Great job!
Felicie Senta chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Aw. You make me so jealous with your amazing pieces.

Rolf is one of my favorite names, and a name of an assassain in a book I've written.

I especially like the beginning and the end.
Morgan5318 chapter 1 . 1/19/2009
Another incredibly well-written, introspective piece. I find myself wanting to see the movie again so I can concentrate on these points you bring up. This time I didn't cry for Olbricht, but rather felt a pride in his decision to look them in the eyes. I've no doubt the men of that firing squad remembered both Olbricht and von Staffenberg for the rest of their lives.

I actually never particularly felt that Cruise was much of an actor, however this movie and A FEW GOOD MEN has shown me the man can act, and well. It didn't help that Cruise bears a remarkable resemblance to Staffenberg, either.

Anyway, you have a fan. I will be looking up your other fiction, you can bet.
steelneena chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
v. good. captures real life emotions and actions. Determination. Stauffenberg's influence is definatly appropriate.