Reviews for So Long, GoodBye
Amandriel chapter 14 . 5/19/2009
Oh! The letter Sam wrote was a nice touch and it made me super sad! Haha. Are you planning on starting another story once this one has ended?
Madebyme chapter 14 . 5/19/2009
For me this was the most powerful and hard hitting chapter yet. You handle these sensitive situations with such care and consideration, while also keeping the boys solidly in character throughout.

Sam's heart-felt and honest letter to his brother was something that I could envisage him doing. The words he said were spot on and stuck a perfect balance of love without going overboard and being, well...chick flick!

Dean's reaction to Sam's worsening condition and to the letter were again very in character - his first response to run away but then knowing that he will do what his brother wants and what is best because that's what he's always done.

And John? Well I can't help but wonder if no news is good news!

This was a wonderful chapter and very touching to read. Looking forward to more as always, take care, Abbi.x
vonnie836 chapter 14 . 5/18/2009
So Dean has been taking some big steps toward letting go in this chapter. Yet I still have the feeling he isn't letting go, not really anyway. Rather he is accepting the fact that it's important to fulfill Sam's wishes. I think he is breaking apart and a big part of him is going to go with Sam when he dies.

I have to tell you that I never have been so emotionally touched by a story as I have by this one. It feels like being part of a loved one dying. You want to be with them, yet you also dread it because you see them suffering. This is how I feel about this story. Please don't apologize for being capable of making me feel this way. It's a gift you have been given and there is nothing bad about it. It is amazing to feel so involved into this story. It might be because of who I am and what I do. Your ability to relay the smallest details of this illness at the same time as showing the influence it has on not just the patient but although the family is what makes you so special. At the same time you stay within canon as much as possible. You didn't change the characters from the show, you just made them grow into what they would be, if they would experience this tragedy.

So please never say you are sorry for making people cry and feel deeply. You wouldn't do so for making them laugh, would you? I for my part thank you for every emotion you bring out in me. Hugs, Vonnie
AquarianNightSky chapter 14 . 5/17/2009
*sniff* My heart is aching too. Oh Dean..Sam...
cartchica89 chapter 14 . 5/17/2009
Hey Dawn,

This chapter was heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking! :(

Sammy is so not in a good place right now but I am relieved that he gets to go home, at least. Even if they do have to make some pretty heavy-duty arrangements so he can, I'm just glad that he is getting his final wishes. It's the least they *we* can do for the poor guy.

I'm so glad Bobby helped Sam write that letter, I thought it was both very sweet and yet incredibly hard, both to read and to write. But I loved the scene when Dean told Sam that he had read it and Sam tried to squeeze his brother's hand in support, that was quite touching. And oh my god, when Dean broke down and told Sam that he couldn't say goodbye yet... my heart is continuing to break for our boys.

Oh, John... please hurry up, please! I don't want to attend any Winchester funerals anytime soon (though, I will if I have to). I did love seeing his concern for both his boys when Bobby called him and updated him on Sam's condition. I really hope Cole is able to come through with this lead, it is desperately needed. And of course, John's unspoken message to Bobby to let his boys know that he loves them was really endearing.

I also loved the scene with Bobby and Dean when Bobby was comforting him after he'd given him the letter was really sweet too. I'm glad Sam and Dean, especially Dean, have him to lean on.

Take as long as you need to write this story, it's amazing and I will read it for as long as you write, seriously Dawn, I love your stuff! And congrats on the fanzine!

Great chapter, take care of yourself and I can't wait to read just how Cole manages to come through for Sam while the rest of the family helps him and tries to keep him as comfortable as possible. :)
DreamShadows chapter 14 . 5/17/2009
Aww! You tear at my heartstrings! Poor boys...

Wonderful writing my dear...

Take care,

(Sorry this is so short, but there's a lot going on here, not the least of which involving my brother in a bad accident... Still loving the story though... It's a great break from RL.)

PlatinumRoseLady chapter 14 . 5/17/2009
*Breaks down and cries*
Thorny Hedge chapter 14 . 5/17/2009
*weeps openly*
babyreaper chapter 14 . 5/17/2009
OMG that was just so heartbreaking reading that chapter, Is Sam going to be saved? Please update again soon. looking forward to it.
skag trendy chapter 14 . 5/17/2009
I'm so glad they've found a way of bringing Sam home. That letter was heart breaking for poor Dean, and now I'm worried about what's happened to John.

Great update mate. Hope everything's ok with you.

Kind regards,

ST x
freedomfly chapter 14 . 5/17/2009
Heartbreaking to read.
Brenny chapter 14 . 5/17/2009
OMG Poor Sammy I want him to get better, PLEASE!

I'll give you cookies, muffins everything you want!

And poor Dean i bet he's gonna drop dead once this is over, the hope that's keeping him up and crushing him at the same time... chapter 14 . 5/17/2009
OMG Dawn this chapter had me in tears, especially with Sam's letter to Dean and - This isn’t a good-bye Dean … there is never truly a good-bye between brothers.

You can so feel the love between the brothers, Sammy hanging on as best he can, and Dean trying to hold it together for his little brother, but despite that his emotions have reached a max and he is slowly cracking.

Just hope that John not picking up his mobile means that he and Cole have located what they need to and will soon be on their way back to Bobby's. John needs to be there whether they have a solution or not.

Great writing again girl.
bia1007 chapter 14 . 5/16/2009
This time I not even could read it at one go so hard I was crying. I just wished it wouldn’t hurt so much, but honestly I will love you forever for writing this, in the end is this what it’s all about to really love someone, to be there and let go, even if it fractures your soul. Dean’s “I want him home” a moving proof of his love knowing what the impact is. God and Sam’s letter, this line “this isn’t a good-bye Dean…there is never truly a good-bye between brothers” (believe me I would give everything to have such a letter from a certain person), what a gift; again and again, this story is very special and stunningly beautiful and thank you just isn't enough!
Port-of-Seas chapter 14 . 5/16/2009
...and then? Sorry, I can't help the giddiness. I must know what will happen next!
526 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »