Reviews for Children Again and Still
Quacked Lurker chapter 1 . 2/28
This makes sense.
Mothers (and many adults, but particularly mothers) would notice if their children weren't acting like children - or behaved like other kids their age.

Depending on the culture and society, one who 'grew up too fast' or 'never had a childhood' is a red flag - so glad you gave a reason why the changes caused by their Narnian experiences wouldn't change their personalities, or cause them to age mentally and emotionally.
Aside from the fact that Edmond, Lucy, Susan and Peter are closer together, having a common bond that no one else knows about.
(except maybe the professor).
Andromakhe chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
Nice and fluffy. :D I can imagine something like that happening canonically.
FandomFairy01 chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Cool story :)
W chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Yeah, it is like the books. I was reading prince Caspian the other day and in the beginning the four are arguing about swimming across the channel because Edmund and Lucy aren't the greatest swimmers. Despite having learnt as kings an queens. And there's a lot of talk about the 'air of Narnia' bringing back memories.
Anyways thanks for this
Haiza Tyri chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
I'm glad you chose to address this. Really excellent ideas on the question.
Misty Blue chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
Oh, mice! First a salamander, now . . . Haha! Oh, these two boys really are children again... and still, you're right. Their memories and some of the skills that they've learned while in Narnia may have been forgoten (which I'm pretty sure was somehow Aslan's will) so that living their young lives again would not be that hard. Oh, so unlike the movie; thank you for that! The movies seemed to deliver the fact (and true, even most of the fics I read do too) that everything was remembered by the Pevensies, to the point that it all breaks them down [*ahem* Peter?]. :( Anyway, this was awesome. Wonderful, too! For you stuck with the books' path in this piece. Thank you!
Narnia-Bound chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
very sweet
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Very insightful Edmund piece.
MithLuin chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
I like this idea very much. I know it's a buzzkill for a lot of fandom angst, but...it does seem much healthier this way, and I imagine that this does fit canon (even if it's not the only possible interpretation).
Berserker Nightwitch chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
That actually does make sense. I doubt their young brains could correctly process everything that had happened to them in Narnia. Thanks for sharing!
CherylSongbow chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Interesting concept, nice characterization, good writing...I say, you rather like using Peter and Edmund, don't you?
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Well done, well done. Course Ed's changed.

?

How do you vote (I know it's long past but in case I ever have to . . .)
Ruan Chun Xian chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
Yeah I think you're right about Lewis' intention for LWW to be standalone when other books just didn't tie in.

I really liked this fic, especially the idea that they remember Narnia exist and Aslan exist but vague ideas but they don't remember details. That's probably how Lewis wanted it to be, I suppose. I also like the idea that they can be children again. You have to think, Peter was about 13, 14 when he became King. Lucy was 8. I do wonder how they just jump into running a country, no matter how much faith people had in them. I think they would have lost a lot of their childhood being kings and queens so young.

"yet it doesn’t even bother me that I’ve forgotten. Which, frankly, is bothering me." This line is wonderful, I love it!
snowstargirl chapter 1 . 8/22/2009
I really like this! So many Narnia stories seem to be focused on how difficult it must have been for the Pevensies to come back to England since the new *Prince Caspian* movie came out, and while I can understand the reasoning behind that and while it is certainly an idea worth exploring, I think this story fits in with C. S. Lewis’ work much better (especially, as you mentioned, when compared with *Prince Caspian,* the book). I found *Children Again and Still* interesting when contrasted with your *Gentle Ways* fic; it’s really neat that you’re able to see and write about things from different perspectives.

Your Peter and Edmund were quite thoughtful and entertaining!

I liked the fact that the vestiges of their life in Narnia were not lost on them as children in England even though their memories had faded. And Peter’s knack of sensing the questions behind Edmund’s questions and his desire and ability to reassure his brother were a great example of how their bond must have grown and stuck with them.

I liked the idea that “Aslan made it happen in order to help [them] adjust to being back.” That sort of turned the whole trouble-with-readjusting idea on its head and, more importantly, showed that Aslan is always looking out for the children.

Great job!
Bartholo chapter 1 . 6/14/2009
Wery thougtfull story. It makes sense this way but what do they have to talk about in the meetings of the friends of Narnia? Mabe they remember more after PC? Wery interesting.