Reviews for The Mix Tape
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 6 . 5/18
Good job
Always love them together
That would be nice if they can have a life toether like Logan wants by walking.
BlueAngel137 chapter 6 . 1/11
Hi,
I just found your story a couple of days ago. Feels good to read a beautifully written DA story again. :-) I think you captured all characters perfectly. Great job.

Thanks for sharing! Blue.
b11rthdaycake chapter 3 . 11/23/2013
I know, as always with DA I am way too late! But I can't ignore this brilliant story! Especially the phraseof Maxes mouth: "Why is it romantic to chase cars?" That Is genious! What would Gary Lightbody think if he read this, I asked myself... We'll never know. But it's proof that songs melodies have forceful impacts. Specially those that reaches the hearts, like Snow Patrol's did with mine a little bit too often ;)

In general, the whole concept of the story and how you show that our memories affect our moods and how they come back with melodies is great!
cw323bc chapter 6 . 7/24/2012
I'm so glad I gave this story a shot. I usually don't read short stories (by short I mean less than 40,000 words) but I had to make some concessions since I guess no one writes ML anymore (effing Alec). This was really, really good. I think you captured them perfectly, which is hard to do with Max. I will love you forever if you continue this arc for a long time. I saw you've started the second installment and I'm super excited to read it. Great job.
Ptolemais chapter 6 . 7/15/2009
Good story. I'm on to the sequel now.
Brian2008 chapter 6 . 1/27/2009
I've been enjoying this story and I like how you have expanded the scope of the plot to include a search for a cure for Logan's paralysis.
Rachel Wilder chapter 6 . 1/26/2009
Wonderful story! I for one would love to read more...
jfg207 chapter 6 . 1/25/2009
The last chapter was great. Yes, it calls for a sequel. Instead of a city cruse a worldly cruse for the couple. How EXCITING!

I hope you start soon... "}
nattylovesu chapter 6 . 1/25/2009
nicely done...looking forward to more
moms5thchild chapter 6 . 1/25/2009
Good job... great job even. I was afraid you were going to make Max pregnant and while this is not a bad thing it is an unlikely thing. (I do know a little about sci.)

I am thrilled you captured Max's reasons and reactions so well. This is real altruism. She was more than happy the way things were and this infomration could cause more heartache than happiness but her love meant giving Logan score. And Logan, who is capable of being your basic male twit, was able to think past the initial shock once he got past the initial shock. This is definitely a good first step into an uncertain future, but then isn't that all there really is.

Keep up the good writing. Have you been to Japan or Hawaii? I hope it is one or the other because I've been to California and need a new place to see vicariously.

Yours

Mom
havocmangawip chapter 5 . 1/22/2009
AH, fabulous. Frank discussion and experimentation are wonderful.

Also, Mr. A-Z for the win. :) I love Jason Mraz far too much! That song makes me so happy.

*AND after a re-read good gosh it's the dream all over again. I'm just going to squee with joy more now.

I'm so excited for the new SCI study.(It's on Yahoo!) It's not the cure yet... but it's a step. (So I've been bouncing off the walls with glee for my friends, and because this research helps with Parkinson's as well... so that helps my Mom.)
jfg207 chapter 5 . 1/22/2009
Great! What song is that?

I didn't hear any yelling each others name during, you know. And I can't believe you didn't have her explode.
Mari83 chapter 4 . 1/22/2009
Nice fluff and after-night talking, especially like Cindy’s concern and this:

"She smelled faintly like the city, markets full of spices, paper packaging, people in motion, air heavy with moisture just before the rain, and speed. It wasn’t unpleasant, nothing about her could be. The scent refreshed him. It made him feel more alive, as though he had been everywhere she had been, on the Ninja with the wind whipping through her hair."

…. both the sensual description and the motive of Max connecting Logan to the city.
Brian2008 chapter 4 . 1/21/2009
Really nice Season 1 feel to this story. In particular, I liked the "day after" dialog between Logan and Bling and Max and O.C.
aurora2424 chapter 4 . 1/19/2009
good stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this.