Reviews for Before The Dawn
LittleKatt chapter 1 . 12/4
The premise sounds interesting, but there are a lot of tense discrepancies at least in the first chapter. I would recommend combing over and fixing those!
Sasha chapter 9 . 9/18
The way you write is so elegant and descriptive, no matter the scene it's easy to feel exactly what the character is going through. And I love the way you intertwine Sakura's humor to keep things light, I found myself smiling at her actions.

I realize this story was published and finished many years ago, but I wanted to leave some notes regardless. As of chapter nine, I noticed that there are some elements, particularly to Sakura's character, that makes no sense. Her apparent loss of memory of how to preform a D-ranked henge (only to find out this chapter she had a similar technique from Shizune all along), or the reason why Itachi did not simply re-teach her if she had truly forgotten. Then there's some parts where she seems to forget that she's a medic-nin, unknowledgable of her own body, or the fact that she has more skills than her super strength. All the great things about Sakura's battle with Sasori just seems to be lost for the sake of the plot with Itachi. Practical things too, like maybe getting new clothes from when she defected, constantly being cold, being unable to sleep outside - generally the basic qualities of a shinobi, especially a missing-nin, are forgotten in her character.
KnellaLuna chapter 21 . 9/12
loved it! lost a lot of sleep, but it was worth it!
Cool story! I liked the itasaku dynamics, your characterization of itachi, the danzo takeover plot thing and the pein madara stuff.

And to give you some constrictive criticism, the thing that I disliked about the story was Sakura's un-shinobiness. Not the behaviour like the teasing itachi or liking so and so foods, but the fact that she doesn't kill the cloud team or the root team that is hunting her? Or she's not used to sleeping outside in the rain? Stuff like that, that makes too many occasions of sakura being a lame damsel in distress while itachi has to swoop in. Yes, itachi is stronger than her and more badass, but sakura is badass too and her badass, more rutheless shinobi ness is what I missed in this story.

Oh and I loved the team 7 dynamics
The Lady Ayla chapter 21 . 6/17
This story was simply amazing. One of the best ItaSaku I have read.
Oh no...